Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NBA) News

2,754 posts in this topic

Yeah...I am not sure that's a very good move by the Knicks. It depends on how exactly the deal goes down. From what I've read, the official details are still being worked out.

One person everyone keeps overlooking is Raymond Felton. By getting rid of him (or rather, his contract) for Chauncey Billups, the Knicks will be able to sign either Chris Paul or Deron Williams after the 2012 season. At least that's their goal, and I hope it doesn't pan out, because I'm really sick of all the top players gravitating towards 3-4 teams.

By the time that comes, Chauncey's contract will have expired, and the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, and Celtics will probably no longer be top teams. That is, unless the Lakers end up with Dwight Howard, a distinct possibility (can you imagine if the Lakers stole another franchise center from the Magic?).

I feel like this is the next step in the changing of the guard for the NBA, and Miami, New York, Chicago, and Oklahoma City will emerge as the dominant teams for the next few years.

kyle1020
[^]
:

And the trades continue. Deron Williams is now a Net.

As a big Deron fan and Jazz supporter, this disappoints me. But really, I think the Jazz ripped off the Nets BIG TIME. As good as Deron is, there is no way he is worth that much. If he would have signed an extension, then maybe. But for the Jazz to get two great players and and basically lottery picks for a guy who was gonna leave next year, they hit the freaking jackpot.

Omar
:

As a big Deron fan and Jazz supporter, this disappoints me. But really, I think the Jazz ripped off the Nets BIG TIME. As good as Deron is, there is no way he is worth that much. If he would have signed an extension, then maybe. But for the Jazz to get two great players and and basically lottery picks for a guy who was gonna leave next year, they hit the freaking jackpot.

Yeah the two draft picks are the key element here. The Jazz are not going to win the West this year, so they are clearly looking to start a new era without Jerry Sloan and D-Willy. The Nets gain a very good player, but this move won't make them a playoff team yet. They have some work to do.

DarkDragon
:

Knicks have to get Chris Paul now.

In their minds, yes. What they should look to do is learn to play defense and have a better supporting cast. They just traded their best supporting cast. Landry Fields is their best current option for X-factor role player. But until they get the right cast together and learn to play defense, they won't win a title. Mike D'Antoni should remember that from his days in Phoenix.

DarkDragon
:

What a ty Celtics trade. Perkins/Robinson for Jeff Greene/Kristic. Celtics in the middle suck now.

Oh why would they do that? Not a good move in my opinion. Perkins was looking decent after coming back from injury. Now who is going to take his place? Shaq? Isn't he still hurt?

I think they feel they wont be able to sign Perkins long term so why not get something for him now. He already refused a contract extention. Kristic/Shaq/Jermaine O' Neil are their 3 centers.

That's understandable but still, if I were the Celtics I'd rather have Perkins for a shorter time than Krstic for a longer one. But oh well. This trade helps my fantasy team out; Serge Ibaka will now be starting in OKC and will no longer have frustratingly inconsistent minutes.

Krstic is in the last year of his contract so he not a long term fix. Expiring contract to help clear way for a big free agent in a few years perhaps.

They also traded 2 end of the bench guys(Erden/Harongody) to Cleveland for a draft pick to help clear space for a yet un named player to be signed.

The whole point of the Celtics deal wasn't Perkins for Kristic, it was for Jeff Green. The trade makes sense because they let go of two guys who were clearly expendable and got a great young talent in Jeff Green. Green is probably the best six man in the league right now.

Omar
:

The whole point of the Celtics deal wasn't Perkins for Kristic, it was for Jeff Green. The trade makes sense because they let go of two guys who were clearly expendable and got a great young talent in Jeff Green. Green is probably the best six man in the league right now.

I'll give them that, but it doesn't solve their interior problems. They were already struggling down low with their various injuries. Then, they finally get Perkins back and they trade him for a talented forward. That's what doesn't make sense to me; they made a move that may increase the amount of talent they have on their team, but it does nothing to solve their existing problems.

They are gambling that Shaq and J. O'Neil will be healthy and not break down. Green is a move for the future. They dont need his scoring at the present time. Big Baby is already one of the top 6 men in the league.

YAWWNN haha drafts are only interesting for the first round.. then they are boring as hell.. even more boring when you dont follow college sports all that much.. dont really recognize any of the guys

I'm totally gonna be half cheering for the Cavs this year, since they'll have my boy Kyrie.