Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NBA) News

2,754 posts in this topic

The Lakers are just tanking it a little, they'll be fine. The season is too long for them to go all at it right now, they're better off saving it for the playoffs. There's no way they catch the Spurs anyway.

Yeah the Lakers really don't have to worry about making playoffs; they just might want to make sure they can win once they get there. Of course, I have a really good feeling the Spurs this year, so the Lakers can jump in a lake for all I care.

Best TV NBA produces all year is on TNT right now. This is the best night of the NBA season, I love TNT's presentation. I really really hope ESPN never tries to steal it.

Omar
[^]
:

Best TV NBA produces all year is on TNT right now. This is the best night of the NBA season, I love TNT's presentation. I really really hope ESPN never tries to steal it.

I hate Kevin Harlan and dont like him on football either.

Omar
:

I'll second this statement.

Heinerken
:

Are you kidding? This is one of the best dunk contests I've ever seen!

It started off really good. But then it slipped toward the end. Personally, I think DemAr DeRozan should have made the finals. His two dunks were very impressive.

Charles Barkley actually just made a really good point. The NBA still has the best All Star Weekend of any major sport. I'll be honest, the NBA is getting really stale and stagnant when it comes to developing parity/new rivalries. But Charles is right, this is something they do right.

Yeah Chuck can be an idiot sometimes, but he also does make some very good points. His presence is one of the reasons I like the NBA on TNT better than on ESPN.

I think Ibaka had the best dunks. There was no way Griffin was gonna lose though. It's his weekend. This is NBA's "make Blake a superstar" weekend. I was disappointed that they didn't let Kenny Smith announce the dunk contest, he makes everything 100 times better.

Juggernaut 573
[^]
:

Charles Barkley actually just made a really good point. The NBA still has the best All Star Weekend of any major sport. I'll be honest, the NBA is getting really stale and stagnant when it comes to developing parity/new rivalries. But Charles is right, this is something they do right.

The NFL ruined theirs by taking away the skills competition which was essentially the equivalent of tonights festivities. The NFL tries to be too serious.

Omar
:

I think Ibaka had the best dunks. There was no way Griffin was gonna lose though. It's his weekend. This is NBA's "make Blake a superstar" weekend. I was disappointed that they didn't let Kenny Smith announce the dunk contest, he makes everything 100 times better.

Kenny was a fantastic coach though. I liked him in that position.

Omar
:

Ibaka definitely deserved a 50 for his behind the free-throw line dunk. It was a classic, and he added to it by being behind the line. But I had a feeling Blake Griffin was going to win.

Omar
:

The NFL ruined theirs by taking away the skills competition which was essentially the equivalent of tonights festivities. The NFL tries to be too serious.

Bingo. This was fun and very lighthearted. The NFL All Star Game has become a joke and the league is too far up its ass to let them do anything entertaining.

Ibaka got robbed. If he had done the behind the foul line thing in the finals (had he made them) the place would've erupted, but since it was his first dunk it's only worth 45/50? He should've done what Javale and C-Webb did with Dwight's dunk from a few years ago: show Dr. J's classic dunk (in which he jumped with his foot ON THE LINE), and then do his, which was actually more impressive since he's a seven-footer and jumped from slightly farther away. But this begs the question: did Dr. J give a 9 for his own signature dunk?

Meanwhile, even though the car and gospel choir was nice from a performance perspective, Blake's dunk was far from impressive. Had they lined up the car vertically to the basket, then we're talking. He really didn't have to jump from very far out, and the car only forced him to pull his legs up a bit more. Had he done that without the car he would've gotten like a 35. I'm glad the fan voting was fairly close, because Javale was very impressive, especially early on with the two basket dunk.

And it was awesome to see Steph nearly win the Skills Challenge. He and Chris Paul are my favorite guards right now and it was cool to see him beat Russell Westbrook in the finals while fan-favorites Derrick Rose and CP3 watched after being voted starters in the All-Star game (though I do have a big man-crush on CP3, I can't deny it). It's just nice to see someone other than the typical guys competing.

I like what Reggie Miller said about the Skills Challenge: It's a great opportunity for the young guards to show what they can do. It really gives the fans a preview of the young talent that we can expect to see in the next few years.
The three-point contest was very underwhelming at first, and I still find it slightly irksome Matt Bonner was not invited. Some day maybe...

Speaking of Reggie, he's getting hosed by the Hall of fame (just wanted to put that out there).

Bonner, K-Love, and Arvydas Sabonis should have a big man 3-point contest. By the way, seeing Steve Kerr and Steve Smith out there shooting in the team challenge was surreal, and they were both the best shooters on their team.

Yeah the Hall of Fame can go jump in a lake for now. I know it's just Reggie's first eligible year, but come one; he's one of the best shooters ever, and it's an absolute pity he never won a championship. At least give the Hall sooner rather than later. I hope Dennis Rodman makes it finally. He was a nut but a very good player. He deserves the honor as a player even if his personality was, let's say, erratic.

Steve Kerr and Steve Smith are awesome. I liked seeing them out there; it was a flashback to my younger years of NBA fandom. Plus, they both won titles with the Spurs so they have my undying respect.