Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NBA) News

2,783 posts in this topic

PHOBIA
:

Plus there's that whole losing the World Series thing.

Well, Dallas Cowboys were the bullet in the gun, and that was the finger that pulled the trigger.

kyle1020
:

Well if that is indeed the case, then shame on them! I am literally a thousand miles away from home where no one likes my teams, but that does not stop me. If I return home to find such behavior in my family or friends, assess will be kicked, in a figurative sense of course.

1-6

Always a chance to run the table, I guess. haha

Matt
[^]
:

1-6

Always a chance to run the table, I guess. haha

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!! Well, at least we're a 1-6 team that didn't have high expectations. Hell, every team in our division except us could end up making the playoffs.

PHOBIA
[^]
:

Plus there's that whole losing the World Series thing.

That's what happens when you fuck with a California team. All Rangers fans should blame it on Brian. Who conviniently hasn't shown up to enjoy his crow.

Oh and you too Phobes:

Cliff Lee > Tim Lincecum? I don't think so, buster.

Omar
[^]
:

Cliff Lee > Tim Lincecum? I don't think so, buster.

I don't know what the heck happened to Lee, I'll always remember him as the great Yankee killer though :(

And who is your NBA team anyway? Kings? Warriors? Clippers?

DaveAPTQ
:

Early MVP pick for me is Rondo. Not because he is from Boston, but he is growing into huge talent. Durant is off to a slow start this year.

That guy is a hell of a player. A lot of Boston's success can be attributed to his play and how it effects the rest of the team.

PHOBIA
[^]
:

I don't know what the heck happened to Lee, I'll always remember him as the great Yankee killer though
:(

Too bad the Yankee killer is gonna be a Yankee next year.

Omar
[^]
:

Too bad the Yankee killer is gonna be a Yankee next year.

All the more reason to despise them. And I edited my earlier post, asking what your NBA team is since you hate the Lakers.

PHOBIA
[^]
:

All the more reason to despise them. And I edited my earlier post, asking what your NBA team is since you hate the Lakers.

Kings :( There are no fans in the NBA that hate the Lakers more than Kings fans.

Since they've sucked so much I usually just cheer for whoever beats on the Lakers and the Cavs (when Lebron was there). That was the Celtics, and its probably gonna be the Celtics this year too, since I think the are the only ones who can hang with the Heat and the Lakers.

I have a soft spot for the Jazz too, ever since Jordan beat them down in the Finals.

Man, I don't understand this shit. ESPN Power Rankings:

1. Miami Heat (5-4)
2. Los Angeles Lakers (8-1)
3. New Orleans Hornets (7-0)
4. Boston Celtics (7-2)
5. Orlando Magic (5-2)
6. Denver Nuggets (5-4)
7. Milwaukee Bucks (4-5)
8. Chicago Bulls (4-3)
9. Dallas Mavericks (5-2)
10. Phoenix Suns (3-4)

I know it's early, but there's no reason a four-loss team should be considered the best team in the league after nine games. I freaking hate the Lakers, but as the two-time defending champions with an 8-1 record they deserve to be considered the top team in the league. I guess ESPN has invested too much time in blowing the Heat to turn their back on them now. If nothing else, the Heat have now lost to the Celtics twice, and the Celtics are fourth.

It's not just that that's a little bizarre, the Bucks and Suns (who I think are in the top 5 WORST teams this year) are under .500 and still considered top 10. Houston sits in 12th with a 1-6 record while the Spurs (6-1), Jazz (5-3), and Hawks (6-3) make up 13-15 in that order. The Thunder (4-3) are somehow ranked 24th, and at number 21 is Golden State (6-3), wedged right between the Clippers (1-8) and the Raptors (1-7).

David
[^]
:

Kevin Love reached the 30-rebound mark (first time this happened since Mr. Charles Barkley). in my opinion: that's not turrible

First to break 30 points and 30 rebounds (he had 31 each) since Moses Malone, not bad to say the least.

PHOBIA
[^]
:

First to break 30 points and 30 rebounds (he had 31 each) since Moses Malone, not bad to say the least.

Ha I just was telling my brother how big of a bust Kevin Love and all these NCAA superstars are becoming. Nevermind.....

Those Power Rankings are fucking stupid.

But the Celtics are still winning. Boston has its share of injuries and yet they are still a very good team. Sure, LA has better inside presence, but their big men aren't incredible. Plus, Boston plays better defense.

PHOBIA
[^]
:

You sound like a Lakers fan...

I like the Spurs, mainly because I like Tim Duncan. Sadly, my team is the Bobcats, I miss the Hornets
:(

Could be worse...you could have been a Seattle Super Sonics fan and then watched as the team relocated right as they drafted guys like Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. Talk about heartbreaking.

I'm glad the Cavs are starting to win again. They needed that win. As for the Lakers, well, I can imagine they aren't too happy about the last few games. And this in turn makes me very happy.