Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NBA) News

2,769 posts in this topic

Curry signs 5 year/$201 million(!) deal with Dubs; Griffin stays with Clippers for 5 year/$173 million.

Now we await the decision of Gordon Hayward. 

Idiots in Boston burning IT jerseys like he asked for the trade. I think it's pretty sad that they let him go like that after what happened w/ his sister and he was playing like the next day or whatever.

He also has a bad hip and no one knows whos going to give him that max contract he wants. Certainly CLV won't. Kryie Irving's dad played college basketball at Boston University btw.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Idiots in Boston burning IT jerseys like he asked for the trade. I think it's pretty sad that they let him go like that after what happened w/ his sister and he was playing like the next day or whatever.

Did they really do that? Man I still love the Pats but I think I can easily say Boston fans are the WORST.

Just now, Omar said:

Did they really do that? Man I still love the Pats but I think I can easily say Boston fans are the WORST.

Yeah Boston's fans are a big part of why I root against Boston teams. Red Sox fans throwing bananas at Orioles CF Adam Jones because he's a "monkey?" Disgusting. And it'd be one thing if it were an isolated incident, but it's far from it. Boston sports fans have the reputation of being the most racist in the whole country, which is surprising considering that the rest of the state of MA is quite progressive.

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Yeah Boston's fans are a big part of why I root against Boston teams. Red Sox fans throwing bananas at Orioles CF Adam Jones because he's a "monkey?" Disgusting. And it'd be one thing if it were an isolated incident, but it's far from it. Boston sports fans have the reputation of being the most racist in the whole country, which is surprising considering that the rest of the state of MA is quite progressive.

Poor Bill Russell won them like 100 NBA championships and still had to put up with their shit. It really comes down to Boston fans taking their sports WAY too seriously. They identify themselves way too much with their sports teams.

Stupid trade. I was taking a nap the other day and my dad came down and woke me up to tell me about it even though he knows I don't care one iota about basketball. My sister actually met the guy who got traded. I think she met him a day or two before his sister died. She saw him in Boston when she was outside near her work. He took a picture with her. He's really small.

12 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Don't forget Adam Jones got a standing ovation the day after the racial slur during his first at-bat. And Boston sports fans can't be that racist seeing as how David Ortiz and Pedro Martinez are gods in this town. Although I know Joel Ward had to deal with some stuff from bitter Bruins fans so who knows. You're not going to hear me defend Boston sports fans much as I find them almost as annoying as people who don't live here lol.

Oh and I hate when fans burn jerseys. Cavs fans burned LeBron's jerseys and then they love him again when he returns. I don't know if he changed his number but he should've used the same number as before when he came back so the idiots who burned his jersey would have to buy new ones.

I remember seeing Cardinals fans burn Pujols jerseys. A class act who will go into the HOF as a Cardinal and he gave them ten or so amazing years. I was really surprised to see his jersey get burned.

21 minutes ago, Omar said:

Poor Bill Russell won them like 100 NBA championships and still had to put up with their shit. It really comes down to Boston fans taking their sports WAY too seriously. They identify themselves way too much with their sports teams.

I don't know anything about his history so I can't comment on what you said but I was talking to my boss a few weeks back and he was complaining how Boston fans don't give Bill Russell the recognition he deserves. I don't know why he's surprised. Basketball has always been a distant fourth in popularity in Boston.

18 hours ago, Mike said:

Oh and I hate when fans burn jerseys. Cavs fans burned LeBron's jerseys and then they love him again when he returns. I don't know if he changed his number but he should've used the same number as before when he came back so the idiots who burned his jersey would have to buy new ones.

He didn't change the number, and they had to. Dumb for sure.

22 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't know anything about his history so I can't comment on what you said but I was talking to my boss a few weeks back and he was complaining how Boston fans don't give Bill Russell the recognition he deserves. I don't know why he's surprised. Basketball has always been a distant fourth in popularity in Boston.

Dude, the Celtics sell out every home game so being 4th in Boston is like being 1st in other markets. Thats how strong the market is. For example, before Cleveland had Lebron their attendance was way below what the Celtics had when they werent as good. As a basketball town, Boston blows Cleveland out of the water.

Id also argue that baseball and hockey now are not as popular as they once were. When Bill Russell was dominating, the NBA was not a big deal nationwide. That's just how it is. Their attendance during those years was comparable to the rest of the league and there was like only 8 teams back then lol. At the same time the Bruins just happened to have one of the greatest hockey players (Bobby Orr) of all time and also won. Its like an embarrassment of riches.