Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NBA) News

2,696 posts in this topic

He's definitely in the conversation, but my early MVP pick is definitely Chris Paul. He's averaging a double-double, and he's led the otherwise pedestrian New Orleans Hornets (who were awful without him last year), to an early 6-0 record. Very early, but the only other undefeated teams are L.A. and Atlanta, meanwhile the Super Heat are 3-3.

Kevin Durant didn't have his usual phenomenal game against the Clippers, but he is still one of the best players in the league. I hesitate to say the best in the league, but that is simply because I don't like using superlative adjectives. Chris Paul is also a good candidate for MVP. I agree with everything you said, Phobia. It should be an interesting year for that award provided that no major injuries occur.

DarkDragon
:

Thats right where I thought Miami would be now.

I echo your sentiments. Yeah, they have talent. Yeah, they have shown that they are capable of utterly controlling a game. But i still think that the internal struggle exists between the super stars wanting to be super stars (and thus lose more games) and the team functioning as an actual team (which has led to their victories so far).

kyle1020
[^]
:

I echo your sentiments. Yeah, they have talent. Yeah, they have shown that they are capable of utterly controlling a game. But i still think that the internal struggle exists between the super stars wanting to be super stars (and thus lose more games) and the team functioning as an actual team (which has led to their victories so far).

What drives me insane is that there's a specific area of ESPN.com that's called the "Heat Index." It's not even a team page (like all the other teams have), it's a section of the site that's all Heat, all the time. The options at the top of the ESPN NBA homepage literally read: "NBA Home - Scores - Schedule - Standings - Rankings - Teams - Heat Index - Players - Stats - etc."

They've yet to show me anything that's come close to the hype.

PHOBIA
:

What drives me insane is that there's a specific area of ESPN.com that's called the "Heat Index." It's not even a team page (like all the other teams have), it's a section of the site that's all Heat, all the time. The options at the top of the ESPN NBA homepage literally read: "NBA Home - Scores - Schedule - Standings - Rankings - Teams - Heat Index - Players - Stats - etc."

They've yet to show me anything that's come close to the hype.

I just threw up in my mouth. But that is to be expected. The networks and analysts need to have teams they can talk up so they can generate more story so to speak. It creates stories that can be explored on a weekly or even daily basis. It's deplorable on some levels and understandable on others. I just hate how this means that now there is yet another team I don't give a about who will taking television time away from the teams I actually care about cough*Spurs*cough.

Still attempting to get into Basketball, hard to when you don't really have a team to cheer for. I found myself enjoying the Celtics, but I only enjoyed them due to talent, and I really don't want to be a bandwagon fan.

Omar
[^]
:

Yeah but fuck the Spurs too
;)

You sound like a Lakers fan...

I like the Spurs, mainly because I like Tim Duncan. Sadly, my team is the Bobcats, I miss the Hornets :(

Matt
:

Still attempting to get into Basketball, hard to when you don't really have a team to cheer for. I found myself enjoying the Celtics, but I only enjoyed them due to talent, and I really don't want to be a bandwagon fan.

Nothing wrong with that. Also the Celtics have Shaq which means they are awesome by default. If you are looking for a team to support and feel strongly that you don't want to be a bandwagon fan, I suggest the San Antonio Spurs. No one likes them other than me and Phobia.

kyle1020
:

Nothing wrong with that. Also the Celtics have Shaq which means they are awesome by default. If you are looking for a team to support and feel strongly that you don't want to be a bandwagon fan, I suggest the San Antonio Spurs. No one like them.

No one likes the Dallas Cowboys, so I guess i should go for another hated team then.

PHOBIA
:

You sound like a Lakers fan...

I like the Spurs, mainly because I like Tim Duncan. Sadly, my team is the Bobcats, I miss the Hornets
:(

I was thinking about them the other day. Why did they move again? I can't remember the circumstances that forced their departure.

Matt
:

No one likes the Dallas Cowboys, so I guess i should go for another hated team then.

At least the Spurs have not shot themselves in the foot yet so far. But even if they do, just like with the Cowboys, I will still cheer for them and proudly wear my gear on game day.

kyle1020
:

At least the Spurs have not shot themselves in the foot yet so far. But even if they do, just like with the Cowboys, I will still cheer for them and proudly wear my gear on game day.

Texas is a very unhappy place right now, unless someone is a Houston Texans fan. Though, I don't live in Texas, but I can already tell that people have their heads down, and their hands in their pockets walking the streets since football seasons started.

kyle1020
[^]
:

I was thinking about them the other day. Why did they move again? I can't remember the circumstances that forced their departure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Hornets#Leaving_Charlotte

Kinda complicated, but essentially: Owner George Shinn threatened to leave Charlotte if a new arena wasn't built. They began working on one (the current Bobcats arena), but production was halted by workforce issues and they ended up moving anyway.

Matt
:

Texas is a very unhappy place right now, unless someone is a Houston Texans fan. Though, I don't live in Texas, but I can already tell that people have their heads down, and their hands in their pockets walking the streets since football seasons started.

Well if that is indeed the case, then shame on them! I am literally a thousand miles away from home where no one likes my teams, but that does not stop me. If I return home to find such behavior in my family or friends, assess will be kicked, in a figurative sense of course.

Matt
[^]
:

Plus there's that whole losing the World Series thing.