Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NHL) News

365 posts in this topic

The NHL offers the players a full 50/50 split for new CBA. They want a FULL 82-game season to begin November 2: I almost shat myself when I just heard this news on Around The Horn. 50/50 seems pretty fair to me and it seems like the way they'll keep it in the future at well. I find it really hard to believe that either side would be willing to lower the money they get in the future so 50/50 seems like a great way to do things and the way it will be forever. And still getting a full season is absolutely huge and something I never imagined we'd see. Getting all 82-games in is incredibly important as you don't want to lose any fans over this lockout.

I hate Bettman with a passion. I'll post up a longer rant later, but this whole thing is garbage. I can't believe half these clowns own businesses. They'll bleed more money in lost revenue then they will by spreading out the revenue sharing to reach 50/50 in 5 years

Winter Classic is expected to be cancelled.

I read this a few weeks ago that they were gonna cancel it really early. They said it would be a negotiating tactic by the owners and the used car salesman. And obviously that's the case cause the December games haven't been canceled yet but a game is January already is.

As long as Bettman and the owners wanna play doucheball I wouldn't be surprised to see a lock-out every season...The lowest of the four major sports and they can't iron out a CBA...What a joke...

While I'm happy hockey is back I'm still upset that we missed half the season, will have a watered down shortened season like the NBA did last year, the Stanley Cup winner will be tainted and I feel like the NHL won't do a damn thing to make it up to the fans.

i'm glad there's gonna be hockey this year, but at the same time, i'm disappointed that games are lost. whoever wins the Stanley Cup this year should not feel that it would be tainted

whoever wins the Stanley Cup this year should not feel that it would be tainted

They're still gonna have to win 16 games to get the Cup but it's the regular season that makes it tainted. Some fluke team could be in the playoffs as the #1 seed when they would've possibly missed the playoffs if those extra 30 games were played. While I'm dying for some hockey, it does cheapen things a bit and I think it would've been best to cancel the whole season. I at least wish the playoffs would've just been 8 teams this year cause of the shortened season.

NHL Center Ice probably not going to be free: So apparently I wasn't the only one who thought the league might give us free Center Ice for the rest of the season as a apology for this lockout mess. Unfortunately, this article explains why we probably won't be getting it for free. Still the league needs to do something to make it up to the fans. As a die-hard hockey fan I'm very pissed we missed this much time and outside of Gary Bettman's head on a stick, they need to find a way to make it up to the fans.

NHL Center Ice probably not going to be free: So apparently I wasn't the only one who thought the league might give us free Center Ice for the rest of the season as a apology for this lockout mess. Unfortunately, this article explains why we probably won't be getting it for free. Still the league needs to do something to make it up to the fans. As a die-hard hockey fan I'm very pissed we missed this much time and outside of Gary Bettman's head on a stick, they need to find a way to make it up to the fans.

Well this is disappointing. If I don't get that, I have no way to watch Blue Jacket games.