Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NHL) News

365 posts in this topic

ntrj
:

I expect them to make a run for Brad Richards or Scotty Upshall on July 1st.

Brad Richards is all but signed onto the NYR. With the news of Drury being bought out (FINALLY) he's a sure thing now that they definitely have the cap space. If he's not staying in DAL, he'll surely be in NY by July 2nd.

PHI can have Upshall. We've got enough 3rd and 4th line wingers.

chris7
:

I'm upset we lost Richards, he's my favorite player, and I got a jersey t-shirt of his this year for christmas....but at least we got a goalie, and some younger talent...but damnit I want Mike Richards

Yea, I really can't believe they dumped off two of their top scorers just to get Bryz. Not that he's not a great goalie but he's not known for being all that consistent. Richards was one of the best captains on any team in the past decade. Did everything; Goals, Assists, Fights, leadership by example. Now they have to rely on Briere to be consistent and healthy and Leino to come into his own.

The NHL has announced the schedule for the 2012-13 season. The season will kick off on Thursday October 11th with a doubleheader on NBC Sports. The first game will be the Boston Bruins at Rob Zombie and FlyFreak's Philadelphia Flyers and the late game will see the St. Louis Blues get manhandled by the Colorado Avalanche. There will also be two Canadian games on TV in Canada that night. For some reason the Stanley Cup champions take a backseat to all this and will raise their banner the next night, on a Friday, when people go out and don't watch television.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=635434&navid=DL|NHL|home

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the schedule. The Avs played at the Rangers and Bruins last season so I wasn't expecting them to be here this year but they have three extra games against random opponents and two of them are against the Bruins and Rangers. What are the odds they'd be back here twice when I thought they wouldn't be at all? I probably won't go to the New York game this year but you bet your ass my ass will be at the TD Garden on November 15th.

NHL.com
:

Rick Nash is still the captain of the Columbus Blue Jackets, but that could change any day now if general manager Scott Howson can swing the trade that Nash so desires with one of the six teams he reportedly will go to. According to the Columbus Dispatch, Nash, who has a full no-trade clause in his contract, has told Howson he would approve a trade to one of these teams: the New York Rangers, Boston Bruins, San Jose Sharks, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Detroit Red Wings.

Similar to Felix Hernandez on the Mariners, I wish the team would just stop talking about it for years and just trade their big superstar so he doesn't have to waste any more time on a crappy team going no where.

Mike
[^]
:

Rick Nash is now a member of the New York hockey Rangers.

I hate the Rangers, but they hosed the Blue Jackets with that trade...

So I'm reading that this lockout is definitely gonna happen. I guess the players association offered a deal where the players would make less money and that way the teams would make more money and the owners rejected this deal. Gary Bettman is a fucking retard but unfortunately he's here to stay because the owners love him. He'd rather no hockey as long as the owners can squeeze as much money as they can in their pockets.

Bettman is probably a worse commissioner than David Stern. He should've been fired after the last lockout but the owners like him cause he gets them lots of money. Sadly, that's the same reason why he'll survive this lockout.

It's obvious that Bettman is a complete idiot and the owner's puppet...The owners are a bunch of stooges who got everything they wanted from the last lock-out CBA (screwing the players in the process) and then tried to figure out all the ways to circumvent that CBA with stupid contracts...Now here we are years later and the douchebags want to screw the players again due to the fact that they need to correct the problems they created with the last CBA that they thought they would love...You know what, it's not gonna happen this time...The players should work hard to develop a new league and screw the NHL...

They are meeting this week but aren't going to talk about the economic issues which I find hilarious since that is the major roadblack between both sides. SO sick of this crap. The league can NOT afford to lose another season. It is beyond me how an idiot like Bettman is still around.

They are meeting this week but aren't going to talk about the economic issues which I find hilarious since that is the major roadblack between both sides. SO sick of this crap. The league can NOT afford to lose another season. It is beyond me how an idiot like Bettman is still around.

i agree. this is why i'm not watching that KHL shit that's going on right now