Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (MLB) News

2,822 posts in this topic

wired.illusion
:

As a Braves fan... FUCK.

Oh come on. you know you love it. Braves and Phils respect each other.

As a side note, I finally passed you for total plays on Last FM due to me listening to music nonstop for the 3 straight all-nighters I had to pull to finish my project in time.

:P

Veritas
:

Oh come on. you know you love it. Braves and Phils respect each other.

As a side note, I finally passed you for total plays on Last FM due to me listening to music nonstop for the 3 straight all-nighters I had to pull to finish my project in time.

:P

Jeeze man, you're listening like crazy. Your join date and total scrobbles always confuses me. It automatically imported a ton of your iTunes listens right? I don't listen to near as much music as I used to. :( I rarely listen to music outside of work and the truck, damn girlfriend!

And yeah... I mean it's awesome to see so much talent in NL East, but games again the Phils are going to be rough. Lots of good competition, looking forward to next year. :)

wired.illusion
:

Jeeze man, you're listening like crazy. Your join date and total scrobbles always confuses me. It automatically imported a ton of your iTunes listens right? I don't listen to near as much music as I used to.
:(
I rarely listen to music outside of work and the truck, damn girlfriend!

Yeah, when I joined, all my iTunes were imported, and I got this computer back around when your join date was. I joined Last FM in the fall when Jay made a group for it. At the time, I think you were like 5000 ahead of me or something. Is there a way to see how many total plays you have by month or week or whatever? Anyway, architecture is a great major for music, because you can listen to it for almost any work that the major requires. It also helps keep you awake during the many all-nighters.

mattersfool
[^]
:

From a White Sox fan let me just say, Flyfreak we'll see you in the World Series next year.

flyfreak
[^]
:

That would be so sweet...My favorite AL team...

I like how the Red Sox and the Phillies are taking all the spotlight right now. This means that the White Sox can fly under the radar. With a healthy Peavy, they still have one of the best rotations in baseball. Plus, they have Adamn Dunn now.

By the way flyfreak, don't you think that the Phils should run a 4-man rotation? I have been thinking about that all night.

Bro, I have been hearing some local talk about moving Oswalt, Blanton, and Ibanez...I don't think Amaro is done wheeling and dealing...

flyfreak
[^]
:

Bro, I have been hearing some local talk about moving Oswalt, Blanton, and Ibanez...I don't think Amaro is done wheeling and dealing...

Wow. That makes sense though, when you think about it. I think that moving Oswalt is a smart idea, and Ibanez too. Especially with Brown waiting in the wings.

Mike
[^]
:

Grienke traded to Brewers

So after he wastes the next two seasons we can see where he'll spend the rest of his career when he becomes a free agent or is traded at the trade deadline in 2012.

The Brewers have made a couple of good moves now. With the addition of Greinke, they will have Gallardo, Greinke and Marcum at the top of that rotation. That's a mammoth upgrade over what they have had the last couple years.

My friend from California just texted me all excited cause the A's signed Brian Fuentes. And that text makes me feel thankful I live in a big market town where a reliever with a 3 and a half ERA the previous season isn't the big offseason signing.

Mike
[^]
:

My friend from California just texted me all excited cause the As signed Brian Fuentes. And that text makes me feel thankful I live in a big market town where a reliever with a 3 and a half ERA the previous season isn't the big offseason signing.

lol. I live in a town where the biggest off season moves are getting rid of players

Mike
[^]
:

You must live in Tropicana Field.

Worse. Arizona. Atleast TB tries sometimes. Dbacks get all this talent through their farm system and give them away. They are the opposite of the yankees

Mike
[^]
:

My friend from California just texted me all excited cause the A's signed Brian Fuentes. And that text makes me feel thankful I live in a big market town where a reliever with a 3 and a half ERA the previous season isn't the big offseason signing.

The thing about Fuentes is that he is a lefty killer. They are probably going to use him against left-handed batters, along with Jerry Blevins and Craig Breslow. The A's also added Grant Balfour and signed Rich Harden as a long relief pitcher. If I were your friend, I would be super excited. The A's have made a lot of moves this offseason, but they have all been excellent. They are going to be this year's surprise team and once they make the playoffs (I'd be willing to bet they win the AL West), they could make a huge run.

I posted on facebook the other day that my bold prediction for the upcoming season is that the A's will win the World Series. They certainly have a legitimate shot...they have one of the best rotations in the league (with an average age of like 25, I might add) with arguably the best defense behind them and they added David DeJesus, Hideki Matsui and Josh Willingham to an offense that was just mediocre last season.

I'm telling you Mike, your friend should very well be excited.

Harty
[^]
:

Worse. Arizona. Atleast TB tries sometimes. Dbacks get all this talent through their farm system and give them away. They are the opposite of the yankees

I don't know Harty...the D-Backs robbed the ChiSox last year of the one of the best young pitchers in baseball (Daniel Hudson). That wasn't the first time they robbed Chicago either (The Bradon Allen for Tony Pena deal still blows my mind). Arizona still has a relatively young team, and getting rid of Reynolds was a pretty smart move to open up some salary and to nab some decent young arms (Hernandez could do well). Chances are they won't win a world series this season, but I think that ballclub is still headed in the right direction. They just need to hold on to Montero, Upton and Drew...that's their future and their backbone.

The Diamondbacks were ed the second Webb got hurt. They were stupid close to being contenders that year, and then Webby went and ed it up right out of the gate. Two years later, Webb AND Haren are gone, and 75% of the team is prospects or mediocre veterans.

*sigh*

Andrew
[^]
:

The Diamondbacks were fucked the second Webb got hurt. They were stupid close to being contenders that year, and then Webby went and fucked it up right out of the gate. Two years later, Webb AND Haren are gone, and 75% of the team is prospects or mediocre veterans.

*sigh*

Webb could end up resurrecting in Texas...that'd be scary.