Followers 0
pen

Got (MLB) News

2,846 posts in this topic

Mike
[^]
:

- Werth to Nationals

I am shocked that the Nats signed him for 7 years. Plus they are giving him a boat load of cash. He will be 32 by May of next year...he's probably only got a few good years left.

Can someone explain the Werth deal to me? Why does he command so much money and such a long term deal? The dude is THE worst with runners in scoring position.

ntrj
[^]
:

Can someone explain the Werth deal to me? Why does he command so much money and such a long term deal? The dude is THE worst with runners in scoring position.

Two words: Scott Boras

Mark Reynolds was traded from the Diamondbacks to the Orioles for David Hernandez and Kam Mickolio

Shaun Marcum was traded from the Blue Jays to the Brewers for prospect Brett Lawrie

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/12/red-sox-considering-carlos-beltran.html

This will be a horrible move if they get him. The Red Sox are terrible at getting outfielders. J.D. Drew, Mike Cameron, Rocco Baldelli and now shitty Beltran if they get him.

Also, this MLB trade rumors site is amazing by the way. I just wish when you clicked a players name it brought you to their Yahoo profile instead.

Great deal for the Cubs. Shows how cheap the Rays are that they couldn't give $10 mil to a guy for one year. With the loss of him and Crawford they're gonna be awful next year. And with Baltimore and Toronto greatly improving it wouldn't surprise me to see Tampa in the all too familiar position of last in the AL East in the near future.

So I guess the Phillies are the "mystery team" in the Lee bidding. I think he's gonna go there. If he wanted to go to New York or Texas he would have announced it by now. Philly is by far the best out of those three teams and if he wants to win a World Series I'd go there if I were him.

Mike
[^]
:

So I guess the Phillies are the "mystery team" in the Lee bidding. I think he's gonna go there. If he wanted to go to New York or Texas he would have announced it by now. Philly is by far the best out of those three teams and if he wants to win a World Series I'd go there if I were him.

So would I...

PHOBIA
[^]
:

The Yankees are apparently "Out of the running" now. Thank God, but I'd almost rather he go there instead of Phily.

I hope Omar kicks your ass...

Omar
[^]
:

Man Phillies got rid of him in the first place, if Cliff has any sense of pride, he won't go back.

But then again, money swallows pride.

He likes it there...It's the city of champions...

Omar
:

Man Phillies got rid of him in the first place, if Cliff has any sense of pride, he won't go back.

But then again, money swallows pride.

God damn what you said makes no sense. It's a 5-year deal which is fewer years than what Texas and New York offered and less money per year than what they offered. He went there to win a World Series, not for money. If it was about the money he would have went to the Rangers or Yankees.

And them getting rid of him is business, not personal. Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball, obviously they'd trade Lee for him. The Phillies have a loaded rotation right now and it makes all the sense in the world for him to go there.

From a Red Sox fan let me just say, Flyfreak we'll see you in the World Series next year.

Mike
[^]
:

From a Red Sox fan let me just say, Flyfreak we'll see you in the World Series next year.

That would be so sweet...My favorite AL team...

Mike
[^]
:

God damn what you said makes no sense. It's a 5-year deal which is fewer years than what Texas and New York offered and less money per year than what they offered. He went there to win a World Series, not for money. If it was about the money he would have went to the Rangers or Yankees.

And them getting rid of him is business, not personal. Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball, obviously they'd trade Lee for him. The Phillies have a loaded rotation right now and it makes all the sense in the world for him to go there.

I didn't know how much money the Phillies were offering him until now. I stand corrected. I was under the impression that the Phillies just outbid everyone. Goddamn, who the hell is gonna stop the Phillies now?

Veritas
:

this deal is awesomesauce.

Agreed. No lefty on the Yankees going against the Red Sox lefty filled lineup all season and if the Sox don't win the World Series my boy Roy Halladay just added a huge weapon to help him win it.