Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (MLB) News

2,846 posts in this topic

Good deal for the Yankees. Gray is signed through 2019 and they didn't even have to give up any of their top 3 prospects. They gave up their #4 prospect who is out all year with an injury. 

Everything in one place.

Texas Rangers traded RHP Yu Darvish to Los Angeles Dodgers for 2B Willie Calhoun, RHP A.J. Alexy and SS Brendon Davis.
Washington Nationals traded Future Considerations and LHP Tyler Watson to Minnesota Twins for RHP Brandon Kintzler.
Pittsburgh Pirates traded LHP Tony Watson to Los Angeles Dodgers for RHP Angel German and 3B Oneil Cruz.
Los Angeles Angels traded RHP David Hernandez to Arizona Diamondbacks for RHP Luis Madero.
Toronto Blue Jays traded LHP Francisco Liriano to Houston Astros for LF Norichika Aoki and RF Teoscar Hernandez.
Philadelphia Phillies traded RHP Joaquin Benoit to Pittsburgh Pirates for RHP Seth McGarry.
Texas Rangers traded RHP Jeremy Jeffress to Milwaukee Brewers for RHP Tayler Scott.
Toronto Blue Jays traded RHP Joe Smith to Cleveland Indians for LHP Thomas Pannone and 2B Samad Taylor.
Oakland Athletics traded RHP Sonny Gray and Future Considerations to New York Yankees for CF Dustin Fowler, RHP James Kaprielian and SS Jorge Mateo.
New York Mets traded RHP Addison Reed to Boston Red Sox for RHP Gerson Bautista, RHP Jamie Callahan and RHP Stephen Nogosek.
New York Yankees traded RHP Yefry Ramirez to Baltimore Orioles for Future Considerations.
Oakland Athletics traded SS Adam Rosales to Arizona Diamondbacks for RHP Jeferson Mejia.
Detroit Tigers traded C Alex Avila and LHP Justin Wilson to Chicago Cubs for Player To Be Named Later, SS Isaac Paredes and 3B Jeimer Candelario.

I hate the fucking Dodgers.  We're well on track to have the 2nd or 3rd best season in franchise history and we have no shot of winning our own division.

Linda Cohn has unleashed a wonderfully flaming hot take on the Cubs giving Bartman a World Series ring...

Sporting News: "The ring is a "peace offering that doesn’t erase 14 years of hell for this guy who had one moment where his brain didn’t work, he did the wrong thing," Cohn said. "Moises Alou would say later he wasn’t able to catch the ball anyway. This is about Cubs fans' guilt, giving him this ring. This is for you, Cubs fans. It's not to help Steve Bartman. He doesn’t get those 14 years back. I thought it was a stupid move.""

1 minute ago, NinjaNick101 said:

1-9 in last 10 games. Can you say Fraud-gers? They're gonna choke in October as usual.

AND WE WILL BE THERE TO SLITHER ON THEIR THROATS

Indians will surely get the best record in the MLB by season's end. They can't lose unlike the *coughfraudgerscough*. 

Don't know if they'll win the WS, though. 

I would hate to see the AL and NL go but when I saw this I hate to admit I liked it.

East: Atlanta, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Miami, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington

North: Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, Montreal, New York Yankees, New York Mets, Toronto

Midwest: Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Colorado, Houston, Kansas City, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Texas

West: Anaheim, Arizona, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/19/major-league-baseball-expansion-proposal-realignment

It needs tweaking because having Minnesota with all eastern time zone teams is odd. I think Detroit is est I'm not sure. Also I want Vancouver to get a team instead of Portland.

3 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Dusty Baker out as Nationals manager. 

I've been a big defender of Dusty over the years. He always improves the teams he manages. The guy can just never get it done in the playoffs and it makes sense that Washington would get rid of him.

Also, I have no clue why Montreal is getting a baseball team. I guess everyone forgot about the lack of fan support over there for their last ten years. No one cared about that team until they were gone. And I don't really like the idea of expansion because there already isn't enough talent to fill 30 teams. Just look in recent years how mediocre pitchers get big contracts. It's because there's nothing out there. I wish they'd just move the two Florida teams to new locations.

Expansion is bad. I do not want to see it happen. Keep it at 30. Everything is perfect the way it is right now.