Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (MLB) News

2,765 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Meanwhile I saw an article asking the question if Jacoby Ellsbury was the worst free agent signing in Yankees history.

He's up there with the worst of them. I was so happy the Red Sox let him go. I was never a fan of his. Outside of the year he was juicing when he hit 30 HRs, he was never good. Hurt 80% of the time. My dad is a Yankees fan and was just checking online yesterday to see how many more years the Yankees are stuck with him.

- Rob Manfred opening to shortening commercial breaks: This is awesome. Commercial breaks aren't even that bad in baseball (as opposed to football where it almost makes the sport unwatchable) but I love how he's willing to do anything to shortening the length of games. I'm all for the many ways he wants to improve pace of play as well and I wish the stubborn MLBPA was too. I can't wait until the pitch clock arrives someday. No more pitchers adjusting their testicles on the mound for two minutes in-between pitches.

Noah Syndergaard refuses to sign contract to protest offer near MLB minimum: What a bitch. He's making $600,000 a year, he'll probably already be set for life once his rookie contract is up and even then he'll make more money than he'll know what to do with in free agency and he's complaining. If I were the Mets, I wouldn't give him any more money. I'd let him set and protest and try to hold his career hostage if they can do that. Hopefully there's something where if he doesn't honor his contract he is owned by the team until he fulfills all of the years on his deal.

Tim Tebow, an all-time irrelevant athlete: Good article here. So sick of seeing and hearing about Tebow. The Mets should be ashamed that they ever signed him. A joke signing by a joke of an organization. There's one paragraph I'll post below. If you replace baseball with MMA and replace Tebow with CM Punk, the paragraph is still totally accurate.

"As we know by now, Tebow decided to chase his “dream” of playing professional baseball. But, he continues to make quite a fool of himself. And personally, I think it’s flat out rude. It’s insulting to all the athletes that have worked their tails off their entire lives just to even get to the minors that Tebow gets to wake up and suddenly decide he wants to be a baseball player."

I didn't like how the Red Sox handled the Machado situation. Machado lifted his front leg up right before it was to hit the base which leads me to believe he was well aware he was going to be out and went to take out Pedroia. It was a common play in the past but it's illegal now and I very much wanted the Red Sox to retaliate. But they should've hit Machado in the back or the ass during his first at-bat the next day. Don't wait two days and especially don't aim for the guys head. I also didn't like how Pedroia threw his teammates under the bus during that long-distance conversation with Machado from the dugout.

Thoughts on the Machado/Pedroia situation?

No thoughts on it. Im not paying attention to the Red Sox until the Celtics are out of the playoffs. I heard a little bit about it on the radio but they have mostly been talking about other stuff.

A pitch to the head is harsher than getting a cleat cut to the leg. Totally uncalled for. They need to suspend pitchers a week per HBP to the head. I'm surprised Machado didn't suffer the same thing Buster Posey had a couple weeks ago.

For those who haven't heard, the Yankees and Cubs basically played back-to-back games last night. The game went 18 innings and featured the most strikeouts in one game in MLB history. It went for about six hours and got over around 2 am on the east coast. Going by innings, it was the longest Sunday Night Baseball game ever (out of over 600 games). Yankees pitchers struck out 26 which ties the single game record. And they had to bring in new baseballs because they either ran out or were close to running out.

I am very happy the Mets are floundering this season. First they sign Tim Tebow. A honest to goodness baseball player trying to earn a living is losing a roster spot because the Mets are more interesting in selling jerseys with this gimmick signing of Tebow. This is why the Yankees could be under .500 for the next decade and still be the real team in New York. They'd never do shit like that. Then you have that moron Noah Syndergaard refusing to sign his contract. The eventual millions he'd get playing baseball in the future aren't enough and he had to bitch about the paltry $605,000 he has to settle for this year. Then he gets hurt and refuses an MRI...apparently he is the boss of the Mets and not the coaches or front office people. And then Dr. Syndergaard pitches hurt and is now out till after the All-Star break. And finally you've got Matt Harvey who instead of being a man and apologizing for what he has done, decides to file a grievance over his suspension.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I am very happy the Mets are floundering this season. First they sign Tim Tebow. A honest to goodness baseball player trying to earn a living is losing a roster spot because the Mets are more interesting in selling jerseys with this gimmick signing of Tebow. This is why the Yankees could be under .500 for the next decade and still be the real team in New York. They'd never do shit like that. Then you have that moron Noah Syndergaard refusing to sign his contract. The eventual millions he'd get playing baseball in the future aren't enough and he had to bitch about the paltry $605,000 he has to settle for this year. Then he gets hurt and refuses an MRI...apparently he is the boss of the Mets and not the coaches or front office people. And then Dr. Syndergaard pitches hurt and is now out till after the All-Star break. And finally you've got Matt Harvey who instead of being a man and apologizing for what he has done, decides to file a grievance over his suspension.

Just to touch on Syndergaard... The Mets legally cannot force him to have an MRI.

37 minutes ago, TaNbULL said:

Just to touch on Syndergaard... The Mets legally cannot force him to have an MRI.

There's still no logical reason why he'd refuse. His attitude ended up costing his team.

The Yankees, at 21-9, have the best record in baseball right now. This has been a fun season.

12 hours ago, Green Baron said:

The Yankees, at 21-9, have the best record in baseball right now. This has been a fun season.

The fun is just beginning.