Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (MLB) News

2,746 posts in this topic

Very disappointed with the Hall of Fame results this year. Raines deserves to get in, happy with that. Pudge was in Canseco's book and he was once asked if he did steroids, his response wasn't "no," his response was "only god knows." That's an admission of guilt right there. With Piazza last year and Pudge and Bagwell this year, the floodgates have been opened with suspected and confirmed steroid users getting in the HOF.

And then you've got clean players whose stats are good enough to get in, Mussina and Schilling, who got fewer votes than cheaters Clemens and Bonds. It sucks with all the new, younger voters because just like in life, younger people are more upset about what someone says than what someone does. Chris Brown beat the shit out of a woman and is beloved by millions but Schilling says stupid stuff people disagree with on social media and he is hated. The character clause in the HOF is so pointless. Someone being a nice guy has nothing to do with on-field stuff which is the only thing that should matter. The only reason this clause should exist is if someone tainted the game by using PEDs. And Schilling was a Clemente award winner during his career and the character clause for the HOF only applies for the duration of someone's career so there's no excuse for him not getting in. I only expect his votes to go lower and lower in the future as more younger voters who shouldn't be allowed to vote because they can't put their biases aside continue to ignore his significant postseason accomplishments just to stick it to him and not vote him in. Mussina should be in as well. He shouldn't get punished just because he didn't stick around for 300 wins to pad his stats like Craig Biggio.

I'm glad Posada is off the ballot. I can't believe some people were talking about him getting in. He just got hyped up cause he played for the Yankees and Joe Torre undeservingly stuck him in the All-Star game every year.

I can't wait till in two years when ballots become public. Then we can find out who the weirdos are that voted for people like Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield and they can explain themselves. Or it will force people to vote smarter which is good.

Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura dead at 25 after a car crash in the Dominican Republic.

On the same day, former Braves top 3B prospect Andy Marte is also killed in a car crash in the DR.

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

Braves get 2 new stadiums in 20 years and we still have decrepit Fenway Park. Yay.

I feel ya. The hell with history. Blow it up and build a nice, new modern stadium. I'm sick of that shithole with no parking, uncomfortable small wooden seats and your knees scraping into the seat in front of you.

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

Braves get 2 new stadiums in 20 years and we still have decrepit Fenway Park. Yay.

Turner Field was not built for the Braves. It was built for the Olympics in 1996. The Braves just took the lease after the Olympics were over. Turner Field is in a super shitty part of Atlanta, where you wouldn't want to be caught after dark.

15 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Falcons new stadium as well and the Georgia Dome isnt really old.

Again, having been to the Georgia Dome, it's a piece of shit. That place sucks. The "handicapped" restroom stalls aren't even wide enough to get my wheelchair into. 

On 2/13/2017 at 4:03 PM, Mike said:

Were the Reds drunk when they made that Phillips trade?

Yeah I was upset about it since he's been my favorite Red for awhile now, but it needed to happen. Thing is that we have a ton of talent in the middle infield moving up the minors and want them to get consistent playing time. Phillips was going to be forced to split time and thats not something he wanted to do. His defense has been declining of late and he doesn't like to take walks, and if he's splitting time it could cause headaches for management. This way we have flexibility and are able to see our younger guys play, who played better than Phillips last year when given the chance. Wouldn't be surprised if Cozart is moved soon too. He will be missed though that dude loved the game and it showed on the field.

First Sports Illustrated MLB power rankings for 2017 season
1. Cubs
2. Dodgers
3. Indians
4. Nationals
5. Red Sox

Cubs are still #1. I probably agree with that. I don't agree with Dodgers at 2 at all. They don't impress me much. I'm not big on the Nats either. They underachieve every year and their offseason moves didn't impress me. They grossly overpaid for Adam Eaton and the Matt Wieters contract, while not as bad as the Padres was with fellow career disappointment Wil Myers, won't help them much. I'd have Indians and Red Sox after the Cubs...not sure which would be 2 or 3 though. If I had to make a guess right now, I could probably see the same World Series as last year, only this time with the Indians winning.

12 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Benintendi-Bradley-Betts, best defensive OF in baseball.

Arguably the best overall OF in baseball. If the Sox felt like paying all three of them, this could be the same outfield for the next 15 years.

After getting my beloved Sale over the winter, the Red Sox are beyond a doubt the team to beat this year.

If the Mariners get their rotation figured out they could definitely surprise some people this season too,

The only hope for my White Sox is that they still manage to trade Quintana to the Pirate or Astros for some more young players....I am finding that less and less likely though.