Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (MLB) News

2,811 posts in this topic

Why are people mad that Jeter got the gold glove? I know he's not a great fielder anymore and he can pretty much thank Mark Teixeira for making him look good, but he still had the best fielding % and fewest errors out of any shortstop in the AL.

Mike
[^]
:

Why are people mad that Jeter got the gold glove? I know he's not a great fielder anymore and he can pretty much thank Mark Teixeira for making him look good, but he still had the best fielding % and fewest errors out of any shortstop in the AL.

He barely got to the ball. In fact he was statistically the worst shortstop in the entire league when it comes to stopping the ball. If he doesn't touch the ball, its hard for his % to go down.

What a crock of shit that Gold Glove is.

DarkDragon
:

I'm hoping and praying the Red Sox do not sign Werth, Crawford or Lee. Please someone else sign them.

I wish baseball was like football and you could cut guys and not have to pay them. They could cut overrated pieces of shit like Beckett, Matsuzaka, J.D. Drew and Lackey. That would save them a shit load of money to sign Buchholz and Lester to long term deals and trade for Adrian Gonzalez.

Mike
[^]
:

I wish baseball was like football and you could cut guys and not have to pay them. They could cut overrated pieces of shit like Beckett, Matsuzaka, J.D. Drew and Lackey. That would save them a shit load of money to sign Buchholz and Lester to long term deals and trade for Adrian Gonzalez.

Don't give up on Beckett yet, the dude is money. As for the others, fuck them.

Omar
:

Don't give up on Beckett yet, the dude is money. As for the others, fuck them.

Man all those old Marlins pitchers are way overrated. Beckett, Burnett, Dontrelle Willis.

And Beckett just sucks. Since he became a full time player in 2002, he has had an ERA over 4.00 in four of his nine seasons, including two of his five seasons in Boston with an ERA over 5.00. He has only three times in his career finished a season with at least 15 wins.

Mike
[^]
:

Man all those old Marlins pitchers are way overrated. Beckett, Burnett, Dontrelle Willis.

And Beckett just sucks. Since he became a full time player in 2002, he has had an ERA over 4.00 in four of his nine seasons, including two of his five seasons in Boston with an ERA over 5.00. He has only three times in his career finished a season with at least 15 wins.

I've always liked Beckett because he is extremely clutch. The last couple years haven't been great though.

harty3113
:

Uggla just got traded to the Braves.

Quality pickup, I can't believe we got away with only giving away Omar Infante and Mike Dunn. It is a great trade, but I can't but help feel a little pissed we gave up Infante. Ah well, he was our prime trade player in reality. :/

I was watching a Red Sox Hot Stove show and Peter Gammons was on and said that I guess they're proposing something at the winter meetings where they cut the season down to 154 games and add a wild card team to each league. The two wild card teams then have a best of 3 series with the winner moving on to the divisional series.

He said this won't happen because the owners will get less money with less games but this is really a fantastic idea. There are too many games in the season and cutting it down a bit would be a good thing and make the regular season seem more meaningful with fewer games. Also, the wild card team pretty much has no disadvantage over the teams that won their division and forcing them to play an extra series makes winning a division more important.

harty3113
:

Yea cut it down so all the players have no chance at breaking records. Smart move dumb shits

I don't think fewer than 162 games was a problem for Babe Ruth when he hit 60 home runs in the 1927 season. And he did it without cheating.

Mike
[^]
:

I don't think fewer than 162 games was a problem for Babe Ruth when he hit 60 home runs in the 1927 season. And he did it without cheating.

He also did it when few pitchers could throw more than a fastball.

harty3113
:

Yea cut it down so all the players have no chance at breaking records. Smart move dumb shits

The change from a 4-man to a 5-man rotation already kind of did that for pitchers.

Carole
[^]
:

Tulo or however you spell his name extended his contract with the Rockies.

He's getting a nice chunk of money. That was a good signing by them. Also, Jose Lopez signed with the Rox as well.

Looks like nobody mentioned the fact that the Tigers got Victor Martinez.

Aaron Harang and the Padres agreed to a one-year deal.

Miguel Tejada signed a one-year deal with the Giants.

Scott Linebrink was traded from the White Sox to the Braves.

Javier Vazquez went to the Marlins.

Also...looks like the Padres are about to trade Adrian Gonzalez. Sounds like the BoSox will be getting him.