pen

Got (NFL) News

10,259 posts in this topic

Gronk must've been smelling onions to generate tears before he went on stage to talk about his injuries while he was peddling his marijuana company last year. He was clearly only crying because of that meanie Belichick.

His comeback will be as successful as Jason Witten's last year. Gronk had nothing left in the tank two years ago. He could've retired a Super Bowl champion, getting the biggest catch in the game in his final game. Unfortunately athletes don't know when to call it quits. 

This Bucs team will end up just like the Eagles dream team a decade ago. 

I've seen people ripping on Belichick for this trade but I really like this deal for the Pats. Belichick had no leverage at all. Gronk wouldn't have played for the Pats and he wouldn't have played for any other team. It was Bucs or bust. If he tried to get a 3rd and Tampa said no, what could he have done? He couldn't have left Gronk a Patriot cause he was retired and he couldn't trade him to another team. It was either get a free 4th round pick or get nothing. He traded something that was useless to him and upgraded a 7th round pick to a 4th round pick. The deal is worse for Tampa who downgraded draft picks and didn't even need a tight end. If they were wise they'd keep all three of them and save Gronk mostly for goal line situations to keep him healthy.

I've seen it 100 times in sports and when teams get all these flashy signings and win the offseason it almost never works. I was doing backflips around 15 years ago when the Avalanche got Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne in the offseason and they didn't win anything. I was ecstatic when the Red Sox got Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford in the same offseason and it turned out to be a disaster.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Possibly my least favorite Viking of all-time. 

Why? I could see when he was playing but once his health issues came out I couldn't see hating the guy

On 4/22/2020 at 0:42 AM, Mike said:

Gronk must've been smelling onions to generate tears before he went on stage to talk about his injuries while he was peddling his marijuana company last year. He was clearly only crying because of that meanie Belichick.

23 hours ago, Mike said:

I've seen people ripping on Belichick for this trade but I really like this deal for the Pats. Belichick had no leverage at all. Gronk wouldn't have played for the Pats and he wouldn't have played for any other team. It was Bucs or bust. If he tried to get a 3rd and Tampa said no, what could he have done? He couldn't have left Gronk a Patriot cause he was retired and he couldn't trade him to another team. It was either get a free 4th round pick or get nothing. He traded something that was useless to him and upgraded a 7th round pick to a 4th round pick. The deal is worse for Tampa who downgraded draft picks and didn't even need a tight end. If they were wise they'd keep all three of them and save Gronk mostly for goal line situations to keep him healthy.

You realize what prompted his return, don't you? My guess it's 95% to do with the new CBA being passed a month ago that removed suspensions for marijuana, shrunk the testing window from four months to two weeks prior to start of camp, and increasing the threshold for THC testing positive. Now he doesn't have to choose between the things he wants and the things that pay him big bucks. 

Im sure the ability to play football was the main part. Im sure he didn't want to continue under bill but still wanted to play with Brady. He loves football so it's not really surprising Brady moving to a team with a coach like arians gave him a reason to return

my buddy John Proctor and I (who is sharp af in the fantasy industry...specifically DFS) started a new fantasy football podcast called 2 In The Bink: Fantasy Football 201. Y'all check it out and if you like it, subscribe, like, review, etc.

This is a legit pod, not just a random ass fantasy podcast. We have real people from within the industry on to discuss different topics.  It's available everywhere you listen to podcasts.

https://open.spotify.com/show/6173ulC6PVh0WwaZjUt3pv?si=Om71iVo1TIqBmEgAFbWm5Q

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/2-in-the-bink-fantasy-football-201/id1509150473