pen

Got (NFL) News

10,228 posts in this topic

Glad its over. I stopped watching the Patriots games like 2 years ago. Got boring, too much winning. I dont know how many people I met who never used to follow football and only did when the Patriots started winning. Mostly women of course but I digress. I do want to caution baseball fans who think the Red Sox are going to be the #1 most popular team in the area again, NO it aint happening. Baseball is still going to do well here for the time being but the sport is dying a slow death and isnt going to be what it once was. I think even an average Patriots team is enough to keep interest in the team. Even if they have losing seasons I dont see how it gets surpassed by other sports that are dying slower than football.

10 minutes ago, Omar said:

Congrats Mike!!

Thank you, sir. It's always great beating the whiny Saints fans and the sour puss puckered lips face of Sean Payton. Now if we could just have a quarterback who could win a big game...

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thank you, sir. It's always great beating the whiny Saints fans and the sour puss puckered lips face of Sean Payton. Now if we could just have a quarterback who could win a big game...

He just did! Hopefully he got the monkey off his back. Rooting for you guys. 

7 hours ago, Omar said:

He just did!

Lol I was quoting Kyle Rudolph in his post-game on-field interview.

42 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

You like that?!

I might have to get that tattooed on my forehead if they win three more games.

6 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Mike McCarthy set to coach the Cowboys. A step forward?

He can't be any worse than Garrett. I don't know how good he is gonna be, though. I mean how much of his past success can be attributed to Aaron Rodgers? I imagine most of it. I don't see him as some offensive genius.

I'm rooting for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Mahomes has had two awesome seasons in fantasy on my team and helped me win my league championship this year. I love the kid. I haven't been perfect with my playoff picks but one prediction where I was right on the money was when I said that after the Divisional Round everyone would be talking about the real best QB in football Mahomes, not Jackson. I also really want to see poor old Andy Reid finally win the big one. He possibly would've already had a Super Bowl if the injured T.O. wasn't the only player to show up for the Eagles in the Super Bowl way back when.

Honestly, I don't know who to root for. Mahomes is a fantastic QB and the 49ers have been a crazy good team all season. I'll make my pick later.

Mahomes getting mvp was a joke. He was terrible. Im starting to think he isn't that good. When he has to make decisions and fit throws into tight windows is not that great. He relays way too much on his receivers getting separated. 

Also the refs were terrible. The offensive pass interference was petty and the blow to the head of a qb they missed late in the game was bad. Not to mention a shit ton of obvious holding calls

Really happy the Chiefs won. It was awesome seeing Andy Reid win one.

One of the best parts about that Super Bowl...Richard Sherman didn't have a good game so now he gets knocked down a peg and we won't have to hear him for a year.

1 hour ago, It's Harty! RUN! said:

Mahomes getting mvp was a joke. He was terrible. Im starting to think he isn't that good. When he has to make decisions and fit throws into tight windows is not that great. He relays way too much on his receivers getting separated.

Mahomes maybe shouldn't have gotten MVP but he did lead them to the comeback and the QB is already penciled into the award before the game even starts. Garoppolo would've probably gotten MVP if the 49ers won even though he definitely wouldn't have deserved it. And I 100% disagree that he isn't that good. You sound like Skip Bayless. Just because he showed he's human for one game against a great defense, it doesn't mean he isn't that good. 10 TDs (+ 2 rushing) and 2 picks in the entire playoffs is spectacular. He does things no one else can do and for both seasons of his career as a starter, he has been unstoppable. If it wasn't for the moron offsides last year in the AFC championship game, they could've possibly won two Super Bowls in both seasons he was a starter. Believe the hype. He's just getting started and he's not even in his prime yet.

go figure...Harty in here saying that the greatest player in the league isn't good because he finally had a bad game....

Im not disagreeing with you he's good. Im just saying this offense relies a lot on him throwing a deep ball and the wrs being way faster than everyone else. That 3rd and 15 play was a perfect example. Blown coverage on a speedy receiver and he just chucks it up. That should not be working in the nfl but they've been doing it for 2 years now. His best throws are to kelce when kelce can dominate the defense. He doesn't seem to want to make those same throws to his receivers. At this point I don't see mahomes being a qb like Brady or manning where precision and awareness is the key. Im thinking he's Brett Favre with better receivers

1 hour ago, It's Harty! RUN! said:

Im not disagreeing with you he's good. Im just saying this offense relies a lot on him throwing a deep ball and the wrs being way faster than everyone else. That 3rd and 15 play was a perfect example. Blown coverage on a speedy receiver and he just chucks it up. That should not be working in the nfl but they've been doing it for 2 years now. His best throws are to kelce when kelce can dominate the defense. He doesn't seem to want to make those same throws to his receivers. At this point I don't see mahomes being a qb like Brady or manning where precision and awareness is the key. Im thinking he's Brett Favre with better receivers

Already, just 2 years in, if Mahomes doesn't end up breaking every QB record it will be a huge disappointment.  I really wonder how much football you actually watch when you come in here and say he just chucks it up there.  

Last night was the worst game I've seen Mahomes play since being a starter.  And the result was him winning a Super Bowl (although Damien should've for sure been the MVP)

Even though I was rooting for the Chiefs, if you were at my house last night two minutes before halftime, you would've thought I was a 49ers fan with the way I was pissed at them for not using their timeouts near the end of the half. I HATE when teams give up and don't try to score with the clock winding down at the end of the half. You're just giving up a possession like it's not important. Even in the regular season, teams with the ball should treat the final two minutes of the half like it's the final two minutes of the game. And if the Niners were dead set on not going for it, why run? Are they trying to risk injury? If they were hell-bent on giving up at the end of the half they should've just taken a knee multiple times. It took the Chiefs using one of their timeouts for Kyle Shanahan to be reminded that he also had three timeouts.

What a shit job Shanahan did in that game. They made it to the Super Bowl in part on the strength of their running game and they just threw all of that out the window in the biggest game of his career. This guy has coached two massive choke jobs in his two Super Bowl appearances.

I hated it too but then I realized it was probably a good thing. If they try to score but have 3 incompletions they leave a lot of time for mahomes. They were getting the ball after the half so milking the clock kind of insured they didn't have to play from behind to start the second half. They got screwed on that pi call though. They let the chiefs o line man handle bosa all night but kittle wasn't allowed to touch a guy like all tight ends do all season. Last night was one of the first times I truly believed the game was heavily influenced by the refs 

Can you believe the Cowboys might seriously consider giving up 10 years of Dak's prime in order to get one year of Brady? That's some Dave Dombrowski level short sightedness right there.

Theres plenty of Patriots fans who are ready to move on from Brady. I couldnt tell you what percent are ready to move on and what percent want him back badly but its clear its very divided. Me personally as a casual Patriots fan, I have no idea why he isnt retired by now and still wants to play.