Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NFL) News

10,060 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mike said:

The people this week were protesting Donald Trump. If they were protesting for anything else they wouldn't have waited a year after Kaepernick took a knee to start.

I don't disagree with this take. In fact I think the best take I've heard on this so far is from Shannon Sharpe. Worth a listen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

I didnt see the video of the Dolphins coach but I heard about it.

That offensive line coach resigned after the cocaine video went viral. Idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard Brady on the radio this morning. They pressed him into talking about Halloween. His daughter was in the background and said she was going as Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony. Thought that was cute. Tom's costume he said was this.

https://www.amazon.com/Morris-Costumes-Avocado-Adult-Costume/dp/B01D24H6E8

The wife is dressing up as a piece of toast appearantly.

Also asked him about the Aston Martin cars and he said only 12 are being made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mike said:

The Pats trade their 25-year-old QB because they plan on keeping their 40-year-old QB. :blink:

Jimmy got tired of waiting and forced the trade. Its sad its not going to end well for Brady. Just one big hit away from him being done. I have no idea why he refuses to go out on top and wants to continue to get beat up for the next couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Colin Kaepernick come on down. Fuck Brian Hoyer.

As the Pats backup? Nah. I'm still thankful that the Packers are going to choose to throw the season away instead of getting Kaep.

4 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

1. Jimmy got tired of waiting and forced the trade.

2. Its sad its not going to end well for Brady. Just one big hit away from him being done.

1. I find this hard to believe. He was a free agent at the end of the season, the Pats probably just wanted to get something from him. No one forces a trade on Belichick. Also, it wouldn't make any sense for Garoppolo because he could get big money in the off-season based simply on the hype of being a Patriots QB. Now if he flounders in San Fran for the final half of the season he might get less money.

2. Yeah it's a shame. It's too bad that no matter how smart you think an athlete is, they all still think they have more left in the tank when everybody else sees that they don't. Clearly Brady is still good but I wish he'd take a cue from what Belichick does with players usually...get rid of them a year early instead of a year late. This last Super Bowl would've been the perfect way to retire. He wouldn't have just been a sports legend, he would've been a friggin' god. Now hell end up going out injured or losing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a roundabout way he did force the trade by not taking a discount to stay on as Brady's heir apparent.

 

I don't feel great about the trade. Initially because it seems like they took way less than what the Browns were offering for him during the draft. And I also feel iffy about giving up a 25 year old franchise QB for a couple more years of Brady. And I feel even worse because my dream scenario was they trade Jimmy for Cleveland's 13th pick and then draft Watson so you have a guy on a cheap rookie contract to groom while Brady plays out the couple years he wants to play. And now look how great Watson is looking :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Omar said:

In a roundabout way he did force the trade by not taking a discount to stay on as Brady's heir apparent.

I don't blame him. He had a great job. He was working with the greatest coach of all-time and possibly the greatest QB of all-time winning multiple Super Bowls and getting paid to do nothing. But at the end of the day the guy wants to play. He's already wasted four years of his career. He shouldn't have to wait until he's 30 to start. Hopefully he leaves San Fran and goes somewhere more hopeful in the offseason. Imagine him on New Orleans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't blame him. He had a great job. He was working with the greatest coach of all-time and possibly the greatest QB of all-time winning multiple Super Bowls and getting paid to do nothing. But at the end of the day the guy wants to play. He's already wasted four years of his career. He shouldn't have to wait until he's 30 to start. Hopefully he leaves San Fran and goes somewhere more hopeful in the offseason. Imagine him on New Orleans?

I don't think anyone can blame him, it's a lot to ask, especially when Brady doesn't even hint at an end date. I think he will be just fine in San Francisco. He has the great coach for him and eventually will have the talent around him. There's no way the Niners let him leave after trading for him.

 

 

Speaking of Brady's end date. If he stays healthy I think it will be at the end of the 2019 season. Gronk and Edelman's contracts will be up and I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick goes away too. That's when the new, probably shitty, era will begin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Omar said:

Speaking of Brady's end date. If he stays healthy I think it will be at the end of the 2019 season. Gronk and Edelman's contracts will be up and I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick goes away too. That's when the new, probably shitty, era will begin.

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Gronk before then..."one year early instead of one year late" and all that.

The Pats are gonna be really shitty soon. With Brady gone they won't have that franchise QB, with Belichick gone they'll suffer the most without the brains behind the operation and when Bob Kraft croaks Jonathan Kraft will probably sell the team cause clearly he doesn't have any interest in football. This era was legendary and something that fans will be talking about forever but when it ends they won't be able to sustain this success with new people in charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Kelvin to the Bills... weird trade.

Yep... Kinda mad? We already didn't have a good offense and we trade one of our playmakers? Not good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TaNbULL said:

Yep... Kinda mad? We already didn't have a good offense and we trade one of our playmakers? Not good. 

With letting Josh Norman go last year, bringing in CMC this year, trading away Kevlin, it smells of potential rebuild in Carolina. I've seen rumblings of them not being high on Cam anymore, so they may transition him out in time, too. Not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Koldes said:

With letting Josh Norman go last year, bringing in CMC this year, trading away Kevlin, it smells of potential rebuild in Carolina. I've seen rumblings of them not being high on Cam anymore, so they may transition him out in time, too. Not sure. 

Norman got shipped out because his agent wasn't telling him the full story from our front office. He fired his agent after we let him go. We tried to resign him multiple times.

The excuse for trading KB is to get more speed on the field, and Funchess and KB were too similar. Both big, physical WRs. I don't see Cam going anywhere, as he's by far the best QB we've had in the teams history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TaNbULL said:

Norman got shipped out because his agent wasn't telling him the full story from our front office. He fired his agent after we let him go. We tried to resign him multiple times.

The excuse for trading KB is to get more speed on the field, and Funchess and KB were too similar. Both big, physical WRs. I don't see Cam going anywhere, as he's by far the best QB we've had in the teams history. 

Good points. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.