Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NFL) News

9,982 posts in this topic

PHOBIA
[^]
:

Now I'll be praying there's no football at all next year so we'll get the number one pick again.

They need more than consecutive #1 picks...

Glad to see I've left my mark on this thread.

J4ESTER
[^]
:

Poor sport

Yeah, pretty much. Not that it matters:

Lockout=Panthers pick first.
Another year with Clausen=Panthers pick first.

Mike
:

The guy got hurt but he could have come back and helped his teammates win the game. He sat out because of advice from his dad. He sat out because he didn't want to risk further injury to decrease his draft stock.

He sat out because he got hurt, there is no place for your theoretical bullshit. And yes, I'm sure his father advised him not to play injured, most parents take a sincere interest in their children's health.

PHOBIA
[^]
:

Side note: It appears Harbaugh will be taking his talents to South Beach. TAKE THAT 9ERS!!

they can't sign Harbaugh right now bc they'd not be in compliance with the Rooney rule...not to mention they haven't even fired their head coach yet...don't be surprised to see him go to Denver

and mike, with the rookie cap coming, Luck's guaranteed money if he came out would be nothing compared to the previous years for rookies...this move still baffles me, bc, say what you will about Harbaugh, I don't think Stanford stands a chance to be half as good as this year without him at the helm

Anyone find it freakin ridiculous that Miami is offering Harbaugh 8 million a year?

The highest paid coach in the NFL right now is Belichick at 4.5 million. How does this clown get offered almost twice the amount?

I find the Harbaugh hype ridiculous seeing as how he doesn't done anything. Just good college coach who is unproven in the pros. If anything, Miami should know better (Nick Saban)

EDIT: I guess Pete Carroll is the highest paid coach as of today with 6.5 mil.

Omar
[^]
:

Anyone find it freakin ridiculous that Miami is offering Harbaugh 8 million a year?

The highest paid coach in the NFL right now is Belichick at 4.5 million. How does this clown get offered almost twice the amount?

I find the Harbaugh hype ridiculous seeing as how he doesn't done anything. Just good college coach who is unproven in the pros. If anything, Miami should know better (Nick Saban)

Where's Ur source? They CAN'T offer him a deal yet or they'd be violating the Rooney clause

Omar
[^]
:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d80258/article/dolphins-move-to-forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options?module=HP_headlines

Didn't read the article, but again, the Fins HAVE to interview a minority before they can sign him. So I'd look to Denver being his new home before this happening

Omar
[^]
:

Hey Mike:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/06/report-josh-mcdaniels-to-meet-with-vikings/

Josh McDaniels passed up an opportunity to be a Niners head coach, and would rather be the Vikings assistant coach/offensive coordinator. He might bring your boy Orton with him.

He would be a FANTASTIC pick up for the Vikings.

Saw this earlier...I agree it would be great for Minnesota

Nixon
[^]
:

Didn't read the article, but again, the Fins HAVE to interview a minority before they can sign him. So I'd look to Denver being his new home before this happening

They can still offer him the deal before interviewing a minority candidate. It happens all the time. Doesn't mean its a "done deal".

And I don't know where you are getting Denver from, they haven't really even shown much interest.

The Rooney Rule is fucking stupid, by the way.

Btw, a little note on Andrew Luck and not being a Panther: had Peyton Manning come out early he would have been a NY Jet instead of a Colt. Funny how much a yr can change things

Nixon
[^]
:

Btw, a little note on Andrew Luck and not being a Panther: had Peyton Manning come out early he would have been a NY Jet instead of a Colt. Funny how much a yr can change things

Geeeez. Thank goodness he stayed another year.

Omar
[^]
:

They can still offer him the deal before interviewing a minority candidate. It happens all the time. Doesn't mean its a "done deal".

And I don't know where you are getting Denver from, they haven't really even shown much interest.

The Rooney Rule is fucking stupid, by the way.

No, ur wrong on both counts. You can't even OFFER a deal w/o first interviewing a minority.

Also, straight from Adam Schefter: As Dolphins figure out their plans, the Broncos are attempting to set up an interview with Jim Harbaugh to get their chance at Stanford HC.

Would make sense when u think about it actually. Elway was just named VP of broncos organization and is a Stanford alumni

Omar
[^]
:

Geeeez. Thank goodness he stayed another year.

2 Brady/Manning games a year though, wow would that have been awesome. Plus one would likely eliminate the other from even making the playoffs probably every year

Nixon
[^]
:

2 Brady/Manning games a year though, wow would that have been awesome. Plus one would likely eliminate the other from even making the playoffs probably every year

They play each other every year anyway. I can't stand Jets fans, so them not having Manning is fine by me.

Omar
[^]
:

They play each other every year anyway. I can't stand Jets fans, so them not having Manning is fine by me.

Did u see my other response to ur previous question about Denver

Nixon
[^]
:

No, ur wrong on both counts. You can't even OFFER a deal w/o first interviewing a minority.

Also, straight from Adam Schefter: As Dolphins figure out their plans, the Broncos are attempting to set up an interview with Jim Harbaugh to get their chance at Stanford HC.

Would make sense when u think about it actually. Elway was just named VP of broncos organization and is a Stanford alumni

We are talking deals in principle. Of course they aren't gonna offer the contract.

Take Jason Garrett for example. They had been saying he was offered the job before Jerry Jones met any of the candidates. There have been black coaches in the past saying they were upset because they feel they were just being used since they never had a shot at the job. Remember the key word in that article is that Miami was "ready" to offer Harbaugh the deal, which means they have the deal set but they have to work out the other kinks like interviewing a minority coach.

Also, I hadn't heard of the Shefter report till now, but really the team that is gonna get him is the team that pays him the most. I'm pretty sure no one is gonna top Miami's offer if is true.

Omar
[^]
:

We are talking deals in principle. Of course they aren't gonna offer the contract.

Take Jason Garrett for example. They had been saying he was offered the job before Jerry Jones met any of the candidates. There have been black coaches in the past saying they were upset because they feel they were just being used since they never had a shot at the job. Remember the key word in that article is that Miami was "ready" to offer Harbaugh the deal, which means they have the deal set but they have to work out the other kinks like interviewing a minority coach.

Also, I hadn't heard of the Shefter report till now, but really the team that is gonna get him is the team that pays him the most. I'm pretty sure no one is gonna top Miami's offer if is true.

U just said in this same thread earlier that not everyone is all about the money. How do u know that's his top priority? I'm sure he wants to go to a team that has an immediate chance of being a contender

As far as the Rooney clause, I'm not arguing that they can't eventually offer it to him. I was arguing the fact that u said u don't have to interview a minority before OFFERING a deal, only before signing one

Also, Schefter reported 49ers offered 5.5 mil while Miami's could be 7.5 without a state income tax

Nixon
[^]
:

U just said in this same thread earlier that not everyone is all about the money. How do u know that's his top priority? I'm sure he wants to go to a team that has an immediate chance of being a contender

As far as the Rooney clause, I'm not arguing that they can't eventually offer it to him. I was arguing the fact that u said u don't have to interview a minority before OFFERING a deal, only before signing one

Its my opinion. I think he's gonna go for the money considering that its money that has never been offered to any coach. 8 million per year is A LOT of money to pay someone to coach.

As for offering the deal before interviewing, its obvious Harbaugh knows what every team is gonna offer him before it gets formally offered to him. All Harbaugh has to do is show interest and then the teams will get all those requirements done. So while it isn't formally offered it doesn't mean they can't have a deal on principle. Just like Jason Garret had one.

Nixon
[^]
:

Also, Schefter reported 49ers offered 5.5 mil while Miami's could be 7.5 without a state income tax

I'll take the better team in a better market with better money. Sorry Niners, you guys are fucked.

Now it looks like Stanford ain't giving up without a fight: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/06/jim-harbaugh-meets-with-stanford-president/

Omar
[^]
:

I'll take the better team in a better market with better money. Sorry Niners, you guys are fucked.

Now it looks like Stanford ain't giving up without a fight:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/06/jim-harbaugh-meets-with-stanford-president/

Told u he wouldn't be going to Miami. After meeting w Harbaugh, source says Dolphins have decided that Tony Sparano is the best man for job. Will be retained.