Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NFL) News

9,953 posts in this topic

Yep! I only got to hear him in spurts through Redzone so it is possible he does come off annoying if you are watching/hearing it the whole game. He's doing the Patriots game this week so I guess I'll find out. My guess is CBS tells him to keep doing it because it got them publicity.

I noticed more people now are boycotting the NFL because of what they know about head injuries, concussions, CTE so they dont feel comfortable watching it anymore. I wouldnt worry about boycotts growing too much because way too many people are obsessed with fantasy football and would never give it up but certain amount of people playing dont watch the games anyway. Eventually, years from now I think football will switch to rugby rules which still has head injuries but not as many. Mainly because of how they tackle and less blindside hits. Saying football will eventually go to flag football which has no tackling seems a bit extreme though. Ultimately neither football or rugby is completely "safe" but changing rules to the slightly more safe one instead of just banning the sport all together seems like a good compromise.