Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NFL) News

10,018 posts in this topic

I'm gonna whine for a minute that once again it looks like the Ravens will have one of the most dominant defenses in the league and they finally have what could be a very effective WR corps for the first time in a decade, while Flacco has an injury that's more problematic then they'll admit, Kenneth Dixon is out for the year, and the offensive line is a patchwork of second-stringers and injured vets. If the Ravens have a winning season, it will be because Justin Tucker sets an NFL scoring record.

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

I'm gonna whine for a minute that once again it looks like the Ravens will have one of the most dominant defenses in the league and they finally have what could be a very effective WR corps for the first time in a decade, while Flacco has an injury that's more problematic then they'll admit, Kenneth Dixon is out for the year, and the offensive line is a patchwork of second-stringers and injured vets. If the Ravens have a winning season, it will be because Justin Tucker sets an NFL scoring record.

Not to start any sort of moral debate here, but if Flacco is gonna be out more than a couple weeks, I really hope that ownership wouldn't squander a season and instead allow a Kaepernick signing. He's the kind of player who can win games with a good defense because he doesn't turn the ball over very much, and Kap being a threat to run can also help bolster a stagnant run game.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Kaepernick should go to the Jaguars seeing as how their QB situation is dire. 

Yeah, in Jax I feel like the owner is more open-minded to it and the rest of the organization isn't. (Kap seems like the opposite of a Tom Coughlin guy). In Baltimore, the football people support it, but the owner has shown hesitation.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:43 PM, Mike said:

And this is why you don't do fantasy drafts until after week 3 of the preseason.

Agreed. I don't know how any serious fantasy league does it early. I have friends who drafted 2-3+ weeks ago. Mine drafts four days before the start of the season for a reason, and I love it.

I don't hate fantasy drafts far in advance, especially if it's more of a dynasty league sort of format. I like trying to predict who's gonna have a big training camp/pre-season rather than being gifted the information of seeing week 3 in the pre-season play out and kinda knowing what to expect. If you can see the sleeper coming before everyone's talking about him, I find that kinda thrilling. Yes, you have the injuries (my dynasty team just lost Spencer Ware for the year, and someone else drafted Kareem Hunt before I could handcuff him so that bit me in the ass a bit), but I overall still think there is merit to it. Also, you get the chance to think more for yourself rather than being biased by such a well-established ADP.

I don't hate fantasy drafts far in advance, especially if it's more of a dynasty league sort of format. I like trying to predict who's gonna have a big training camp/pre-season rather than being gifted the information of seeing week 3 in the pre-season play out and kinda knowing what to expect. If you can see the sleeper coming before everyone's talking about him, I find that kinda thrilling. Yes, you have the injuries (my dynasty team just lost Spencer Ware for the year, and someone else drafted Kareem Hunt before I could handcuff him so that bit me in the ass a bit), but I overall still think there is merit to it. Also, you get the chance to think more for yourself rather than being biased by such a well-established ADP.

I think there's merit in that concept, but I just think that there are a million question marks going into the season even if you draft a few days ahead. Who's too old, rookies, new systems, new FA signings, etc. Purposefully adding in a few more question marks seems silly. Where's the line, why don't you draft 2 months ago? That would require even more critical thinking to who makes the team, who gets cut, etc. I think dynasty it might make a little more sense, but in a full re-draft league, I love the fresh start every year. More power out there to you who want to draft early, but I suppose I just don't have any sympathy when people mourn the players going down after being drafted early. (Not that you specifically were.)

I've drafted in May before. The reason I did it one year was because there was a player that I thought was being way undervalued and in a few months was gonna go way higher in drafts. I wanted to get this player in one league as a steal just to feel like I was "first." I don't remember who it was so I don't know how it actually played out or how right I was, but at the time I felt pretty badass like I knew the future. 8-)

7 hours ago, Koldes said:

The fact you don't remember who it was probably means it didn't turn out well! Haha 

Haha probably true. But probably not disastrously bad either or I'd remember it even more vividly!!

So the Tampa and Miami game has been postposed and the teams will now face off in November because they shared the same bye week. This means that they both will have to play 16 straight games now.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

So the Tampa and Miami game has been postposed and the teams will now face off in November because they shared the same bye week. This means that they both will have to play 16 straight games now.

Fortunately for them, they won't have to play a 17th game

Red Sox stealing signs scandal is stealing the spotlight away from the Patriots in the Boston media. Its fucking September, Im done with baseball, I want to hear mostly Patriots talk/discussion not Red Sox crap. The only reason the scandal is big news is because New York is involved. Duh. Its gotten more traction than Pats/Chiefs this week. No one on radio and tv is even talking about the Chiefs, how good they are or arent lol.

What a crazy game last night. That right there is exactly why I love the NFL. It's so damn unpredictable. And as a Tyreek Hill fantasy owner, I'm very happy.