Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NFL) News

9,899 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Yeah this is such media driven horseshit.  The NFL owners are just pussies.  "Distractions" have never stopped anyone from signing anybody who could play the sport worth a shit.

That's the thing... If he were better, he'd be signed. It's kinda what Mike said, starters can be distractions but backups can't. I know he could be a starter on some teams for maybe the first part of the year and then be benched for future development once the playoffs are out of reach, but teams like the Jets don't want to pay him veteran starter money for doing just that. Especially with how prominent and powerful police unions are in the NY area. 

In the beginning, it seem like  h was disenfranchised in general towards the anthem, but hadn't put a ton of thought into it first. The kneeling was after some PR coaching and publicized meetings. He also wore socks depicting cops as pigs in training camp ahead of the preseason. Then you have the Castro stuff after that. I think he basically has a general attitude problem, and the protest is just the one thing everybody is focusing on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andrew said:

"Distractions" have never stopped anyone from signing anybody

Well as sad as it is to say, domestic abuse is so common in the NFL that it's not even a distraction for the most part. Outside of Greg Hardy, I honestly can't even think of any times where it was a big deal on the news. Ray Rice, for example, it wasn't even a big deal until the footage came out. This stuff usually just casually scrolls across the bottom of the screen along with the PED suspensions and players going on IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Vigo said:

That's the thing... If he were better, he'd be signed. It's kinda what Mike said, starters can be distractions but backups can't. I know he could be a starter on some teams for maybe the first part of the year and then be benched for future development once the playoffs are out of reach, but teams like the Jets don't want to pay him veteran starter money for doing just that. Especially with how prominent and powerful police unions are in the NY area. 

In the beginning, it seem like  h was disenfranchised in general towards the anthem, but hadn't put a ton of thought into it first. The kneeling was after some PR coaching and publicized meetings. He also wore socks depicting cops as pigs in training camp ahead of the preseason. Then you have the Castro stuff after that. I think he basically has a general attitude problem, and the protest is just the one thing everybody is focusing on. 

I feel like the media has overpushed the whole "Kap is a bad QB" thing too. Mike Florio has even said it felt like propaganda. If you look at his stats last year, he was actually very effective and efficient. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's all that great, but I think a lot of people think he sucks because the media has gone out of their way to have a take like you just did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Omar said:

I feel like the media has overpushed the whole "Kap is a bad QB" thing too. Mike Florio has even said it felt like propaganda. If you look at his stats last year, he was actually very effective and efficient. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's all that great, but I think a lot of people think he sucks because the media has gone out of their way to have a take like you just did. 

His TD/INT ratio was pretty good but it's not like he was airing out the ball. He threw for as many yards as Case Keenum. He wasn't bad last year but he was still overpaid. He made more last season than numerous QBs who are better than him. I know everyone thinks the guy is a saint because of his predictable liberal mindset, but if you've been following him for years you know he has attitude issues and he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would be willing to take much of a pay cut. He'd probably rather not get signed so can go do an interview with Shaun King talking about how racist the NFL is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omar said:

I feel like the media has overpushed the whole "Kap is a bad QB" thing too. Mike Florio has even said it felt like propaganda. If you look at his stats last year, he was actually very effective and efficient. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's all that great, but I think a lot of people think he sucks because the media has gone out of their way to have a take like you just did. 

I'm not saying he sucks, but for his price tag he's likely demanding I don't think he's that good. Like RG3 he was great until defenses figured it out and adjusted. By no means did I mean to imply he sucks and that's why he's not signed. I mean more that his skill doesn't match the likely cost and he isn't worth the extra baggage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vigo said:

That's the thing... If he were better, he'd be signed. It's kinda what Mike said, starters can be distractions but backups can't. I know he could be a starter on some teams for maybe the first part of the year and then be benched for future development once the playoffs are out of reach, but teams like the Jets don't want to pay him veteran starter money for doing just that. Especially with how prominent and powerful police unions are in the NY area. 

In the beginning, it seem like  h was disenfranchised in general towards the anthem, but hadn't put a ton of thought into it first. The kneeling was after some PR coaching and publicized meetings. He also wore socks depicting cops as pigs in training camp ahead of the preseason. Then you have the Castro stuff after that. I think he basically has a general attitude problem, and the protest is just the one thing everybody is focusing on. 

Spot on.

I'm far less disappointed that our culture looks badly at Kaep, we've been shitting on protesters for our entire history, just to look back at them fondly in due time.

I'm far more disappointed that we'll be accepting of actual true shitty behavior if the person is one of the best players. To me, looking past terrible character flaws for the sake of quality is a far worse than not liking someone for different political beliefs and bringing off-the-field stuff onto a field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one knows how much money Kaep is asking and I'm sure if he's smart at all he's not asking for starter money or even anything close anymore.

It's no secret I wasn't a fan of the dude as a player and as an activist I can pick a few nits too but he's pretty clearly one of the top 50 QBs in the league and yet there's 70+ QBs who have a job right now and he's not one of 'em.  Jus' saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

No one knows how much money Kaep is asking and I'm sure if he's smart at all he's not asking for starter money or even anything close anymore.

It's no secret I wasn't a fan of the dude as a player and as an activist I can pick a few nits too but he's pretty clearly one of the top 50 QBs in the league and yet there's 70+ QBs who have a job right now and he's not one of 'em.  Jus' saying.

Yeah - and depending on if this source from this article (and others) is accurate, the sides haven't even gotten to the point of discussing money yet. I'd assume that's accurate. 

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/11/colin-kaepernick-no-contact-nfl-teams-discuss-contract/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NinjaNick101 as of right now we still need a 12th man probably if you're still interested in joining the TL league? Some things are in limbo, but i think you ought to have access to the fantasy league forums if you wanna drop by and put your name in the hat for us as the 12th man if we can work out the other issues there. If not, I reckon Pen can add you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lucas said:

@NinjaNick101 as of right now we still need a 12th man probably if you're still interested in joining the TL league? Some things are in limbo, but i think you ought to have access to the fantasy league forums if you wanna drop by and put your name in the hat for us as the 12th man if we can work out the other issues there. If not, I reckon Pen can add you. 

Looks like you've got no other choice at this point. I'm interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Looks like you've got no other choice at this point. I'm interested.

Sweet, can you chime in on the Week 0 thread (I think you should have access)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sammy Watkins traded to Rams, Jordan Matthews traded to Bills.  Damn, with Sammy's healthy, powerful game last night I finally wanted to draft him in FF. Not anymore, not as early that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ezekiel Elliott is appealing the suspension. My hunch is that the NFL will knock it down to 4 games and have him back for 'America's Game of the Week' against the Packers week 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Ezekiel Elliott is appealing the suspension. My hunch is that the NFL will knock it down to 4 games and have him back for 'America's Game of the Week' against the Packers week 5.

Yeah my guess is 3 or 4 as well. We shall see. That's really gonna hurt the 'Boys early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's how the NFL rolls. Give a hard suspension that will look great to the public eye all the while knowing an appeal is coming to make it more reasonable. Though after reading the letter the NFL sent him, Zeke does sound like a piece of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure that he gets any of games removed, the (fairly new) rules are pretty cut and dry at 6. My guess, and I haven't seen anyone corroborate this, is that he would appeal and they can't get it resolved in 3 weeks so they push it until next year. Dunno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jamie said:

Ezekiel Elliott is appealing the suspension. My hunch is that the NFL will knock it down to 4 games and have him back for 'America's Game of the Week' against the Packers week 5.

plz no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.