Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NFL) News

10,028 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

He didnt play long enough to get CTE but Im sure his lawyers might play that card. Either that or he was murdered.

Innocent until proven guilty. He was never officially guilty of the murder of Odin Lloyd. He would've been but he killed himself beforehand therefore he died technically innocent. The local news mentioned this all earlier tonight. I'm guessing his lawyer told him this and so he killed himself in order to ensure that daughter and the mother gets all his money. I imagine it'll be tough for the Lloyd family to win a lawsuit against the family of an innocent man.

Aaron Hernandez is probably the biggest example I've ever seen of someone wasting their life. Had the word by the balls and he blew it. But in terms of bad endings, this is probably the best outcome possible. He did all he could to help his family in jail by taking his own life to ensure that they rightfully get his money and not the family of Lloyd. Sure the daughter will never know her father but he's a murderer so that's probably for the best anyways.

Had a daughter, had thousands in his banking account with a bright future that would be worth millions, played on an iconic team with a ton of support and an owner that took a chance on him despite his already shady past. What does he do? Still hung out in the streets and surrounded himself with drug dealers and thugs.

Really no excuse for him and hard to find any sympathy. He had everything set up for him to change his path and chose to walk down the dark road. Just another tragic story that some people are doomed no matter what you do for them. 

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Innocent until proven guilty. He was never officially guilty of the murder of Odin Lloyd. He would've been but he killed himself beforehand therefore he died technically innocent. 

He was convicted (proven guilty) and had been sentenced. He was in the process of appealing that conviction, and the sentence can be vacated due to a loophole in Massachusetts law, but vacated and "innocent" are two very, very different things.

Unrelated to Mike's comment specifically, this was an extremely well-written article: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-hernandez-exhibited-slightest-change-final-days-143616551.html

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

He was convicted (proven guilty) and had been sentenced. He was in the process of appealing that conviction, and the sentence can be vacated due to a loophole in Massachusetts law, but vacated and "innocent" are two very, very different things.

Unrelated to Mike's comment specifically, this was an extremely well-written article: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-hernandez-exhibited-slightest-change-final-days-143616551.html

Read this earlier, fantastic article. Humanizes him a bit but still doesn't nearly let him off the hook. There will never be a good explanation to whatever the hell Hernandez became but this article is as good as it's gonna get.

I'm pretty happy with the Vikings schedule. They have five TV games which is more than I was expecting after the woeful season they had last year. They're on week 1 on the early MNF game which is good and they're on Thanksgiving for the second year in a row which I'm very happy about. They also have the best possibly bye week...week 9.

Next year I'll be very excited for the schedule release as the Vikings return to New England.

I guess I'll just post this in this thread...ESPN is cleaning house. They've fired a bunch of people. There are also rumors that they might get MLB Network's Intentional Talk show to air on ESPN to save money from them having to produce their own shows. I don't want MLB Network to do this. I think a TV station is made stronger by leaving its shows exclusive to its own network/online services.

Not like I really care as I almost never watch ESPN anymore and resent them for getting rid of charismatic anchors in favor of pretty faces, but I feel like ESPN should just consolidate their business. I think instead of covering all sports and barely paying attention to most of them, they should just exclusively cover football and basketball. Maybe baseball as well but I imagine that probably doesn't bring in huge ratings for them seeing as how they barely focus on it. This is a new age and the days of people flocking to ESPN for all their sports needs is over. There is no reason for them to continue to cover all sports. By focusing on those two sports, they'd save a ton of money by not having to buy rights to air other events and they'd have enough TV content to keep them busy for most of the year...with the exception of July. They can get rid of ESPN2, ESPNEWS and all of those other stations, streamline all of their online services into one app and just focus on one ESPN channel, one app and two sports...football and basketball.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/fans-furious-espn-lays-100-including-trent-dilfer-other-big-n751646

4 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Once upon a time ESPN had great baseball coverage until they decided to cover the NFL 365 days a year.

They had great baseball coverage until some woman looking for money got Harold Reynolds fired. Then MLB Network launched with a bunch of great shows and the best collection of on-air baseball people I've ever seen and I've almost never watched ESPN for baseball since. I'll occasionally watch Sunday Night Baseball if the Red Sox are on but that's tough to deal with because they chose good publicity over good talent when they decided to get a softball player to replace Curt Schilling instead of getting a former major leaguer. That'd be like getting a miniature golf player to be an analyst for the Masters.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

They had great baseball coverage until some woman looking for money got Harold Reynolds fired. Then MLB Network launched with a bunch of great shows and the best collection of on-air baseball people I've ever seen and I've almost never watched ESPN for baseball since. I'll occasionally watch Sunday Night Baseball if the Red Sox are on but that's tough to deal with because they chose good publicity over good talent when they decided to get a softball player to replace Curt Schilling instead of getting a former major leaguer. That'd be like getting a miniature golf player to be an analyst for the Masters.

While I agree, overall ESPN's baseball coverage isn't what it used to be, Jessica Mendoza does a damn fine job in that booth. She knows her stuff. Plus, you know, Curt Schilling being a racist piece of shit. 

I really wish the Ravens would have picked up a WR, OL, or DE in the first round. CB would've been fourth at least on my list. He's an Alabama guy, so I'm officially questioning Ozzie's judgement on this one.

Panthers grabbing Christian McCaffrey is pretty sweet. Maybe his skillset will force our OC to implement some quick hitting pass routes, rather than these long developing routes that get Cam killed waiting for them to come open.

Excited to see McCaffrey in the NFL, hope Carolina is creative enough to use him as more than just a 3rd down back. I'm so jelly.

Jelly about Fournette too. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Is Dalvin Cook any good? I don't watch college football so I have no idea. NFL.com said good things about him in a video I just watched.

He was awesome in college, he fell because he's apparently a douche off the field. He's easily the best RB in your roster right now though, you'll love him.

In an interview on CBS This Morning Wednesday, Charlie Rose asked Bündchen about comments Brady made on SiriusXM NFL Radio back in February that suggested she would have him retire if she had things her way.

“Are you trying to get him to retire?” Rose asked.

“You know, I just have to say as a wife, I’m a little bit, its, as you know, it’s not the most like, let’s say, un-aggressive sport, right?” Bündchen told Rose. “Football, like he had a concussion last year, I mean he has concussions pretty much every–we don’t talk about it but he does have concussions. I don’t really think it’s a healthy thing for your body to go through like, through that kind of aggression like, all the time–that cannot be healthy for you, right? I mean I’m planning on having him be healthy and do a lot of fun things when we’re like 100, I hope.”

45 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

In an interview on CBS This Morning Wednesday, Charlie Rose asked Bündchen about comments Brady made on SiriusXM NFL Radio back in February that suggested she would have him retire if she had things her way.

“Are you trying to get him to retire?” Rose asked.

“You know, I just have to say as a wife, I’m a little bit, its, as you know, it’s not the most like, let’s say, un-aggressive sport, right?” Bündchen told Rose. “Football, like he had a concussion last year, I mean he has concussions pretty much every–we don’t talk about it but he does have concussions. I don’t really think it’s a healthy thing for your body to go through like, through that kind of aggression like, all the time–that cannot be healthy for you, right? I mean I’m planning on having him be healthy and do a lot of fun things when we’re like 100, I hope.”

Whoooops. Belichick has probably already sent a hitman Gisele's way. 

If I were him I'd play one more year and hang it up at 40 but its easy for me to say not being in his shoes.

Also heard on the radio this morning that a theory is they knew about his concussions and hes not playing to 45 like he wants to and thats why they are holding on to Jimmy G.

@Nixon

"In a move first reported by Nashville-based musician Kenneth Nixon — Decker’s wife Jessie is a country music artist and the couple has a home in the city — and confirmed by multiple NFL reporters, Decker is visiting with the Titans on Wednesday."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/14/eric-decker-visiting-titans-wednesday/ 

Eric Decker visiting Titans Wednesday -.png