Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Got (NFL) News

9,982 posts in this topic

Mike
:

I don't know how he lasted this long. Other than three fluke seasons he hasn't had any success at all.

I've always said that a Superbowl appearance/win will gain you at least 6-10 years on a team, even if your team goes to for that long.

http://tinyurl.com/33d4yup

HORRIBLE move for the Raiders. The team is playing the best, most inspired football in years and they're gonna get rid of the coach responsible for it. See Al Davis doesn't like a guy like Cable who has the balls to bench JaMarcus Russel. Al Davis likes these yes man and puppets as coaches. Guys like Bill Callahan and Lane Kiffin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/22710/schefter-marvin-lewis-staying-in-cincy

I can't believe he will probably be back as Bengals coach. The guy has had two winning seasons in 8 years and they're gonna bring him back. Looks like they're content with failure.

Also, they said Garrett will be back within the next 24 to 48 hours. The Cowboys just have to pull the first black guy they see off the street and give him a half-assed interview and then they can announce Garrett as coach.

Mike
[^]
:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/22710/schefter-marvin-lewis-staying-in-cincy

I can't believe he will probably be back as Bengals coach. The guy has had two winning seasons in 8 years and they're gonna bring him back. Looks like they're content with failure.

The thing is, Cinci practically begged him to come back. A LOT of teams are after him in the NFL.

Omar
:

The thing is, Cinci practically begged him to come back. A LOT of teams are after him in the NFL.

I'm not knocking him as a coach, it's just that they've sucked for so long I think it would be best for them to part ways so both parties can get a fresh start.

They were saying on ESPN how these women who want money in the Favre lawsuit were not offered jobs the next season because they didn't go along with Favre's advances. Do they really expect anyone to believe that Favre cornered these girls and if they they didn't let him have his way with them the owner said "YOU'RE...FIIIIIIIIIRED!"

Cable out as Raiders coach after team declines option

I'll bump up my comments from the previous page...

Mike
:

HORRIBLE move for the Raiders. The team is playing the best, most inspired football in years and they're gonna get rid of the coach responsible for it. See Al Davis doesn't like a guy like Cable who has the balls to bench JaMarcus Russel. Al Davis likes these yes man and puppets as coaches. Guys like Bill Callahan and Lane Kiffin.

How was Lane Kiffin a yes man? If anything he was as opposite of a yes man as he can be. Its not his fault Al Davis forced him to coach a guy like Jamarcus Russell.

Mike
[^]
:

Why the hell would he stay in college? He could come out now and learn everything his first season and start starting his second season and get an extra year of pro football. Now he risks getting hurt and his draft stock plummets and he'll make way less money.

Dude, playing for the Panthers is a death sentence...

Mike
[^]
:

Why the hell would he stay in college? He could come out now and learn everything his first season and start starting his second season and get an extra year of pro football. Now he risks getting hurt and his draft stock plummets and he'll make way less money.

Maybe because the guy actually values his education. He is a Stanford student, he knows a little more than most other college players.

flyfreak
[^]
:

Bad Luck for the Panthers...

The Panthers got fucked over. I feel bad for them.

Mike
[^]
:

He probably risks getting hurt more in the pro's then in college. And he has a legitimate shot at a championship next year. And a Heisman.

Plus people assume that every person in the world is naturally greedy. As much as a shock as it might come to some, some people don't really give a shit if they have a lot of money.

Look at Bradford, he stayed even though he was gonna be the #1 pick. He got hurt, and still stayed number 1. And even after all the money he got, he hasn't even bought a house and lives with his parents. Money was not a big deal to him.

Overall its refreshing to see something like this, because stuff like this doesn't happen very often anymore.