Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MetalFan87

Got (MMA) News

2,198 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Nixon said:

that was baaaaaaaaad

Did you honestly expect anything else? This is exactly the outcome I was expecting. Not surprised as all. 

3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Rushing in like that was sooooo dumb. 

Punk didn't rush in there. The other guy ran at him and took him down instantly because this was a gimmick fight against a sports entertainer and he what was going to happen.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Did you honestly expect anything else? This is exactly the outcome I was expecting. Not surprised as all. 

Punk didn't rush in there. The other guy ran at him and took him down instantly because this was a gimmick fight against a sports entertainer and he what was going to happen.

Were you watching? He ran right at that guy and left himself open, and the guy took him down. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nah. Don't get suckered into his dumb little Rocky Balboa speech. I was happy to see him lose.

I meant that in general. 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

I couldn't imagine him winning after seeing his training videos but I expected him to at least last a little bit walking around. But man, he got railroaded.

Gall looked great in there. I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a big deal someday.

This did make me miss Punk on a live microphone. He seems happy....I'd love for him to come back to the WWE, but whatever makes him enthusiastic. Seems to enjoy taking the hard route, but I'd like to see what his training has truly given to him if there is a next fight.

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

No I didn't expect anything else because I watch almost every main MMA card there is, so I'm pretty well-versed in what makes a fight a good fight. A Brown belt against a White belt does not a good fight make.  Also, Gall was the overwhelming Vegas favorite in this fight. So congrats on predicting what everyone else was also predicting.

And to echo what Dylan said, Punk absolutely ran across the cage at Gall and Gall took him down.

I'm sure I'll be watching online (or dare I say ordering it with friends) but this is a total gimmick. The boxer will easily win the boxing match.

This fight does make a ton of sense for both fighters, though. Mayweather gets another truck full of money backing up to his front door, he gets to retire with a nice even 50-0 record and he breaks the all-time boxing win record in a surefire victory against a guy who isn't a boxer. And McGregor gets even more exposure, more money and losing doesn't hurt his MMA career.

So does anyone know if a website that charges $5-$10 dollars for a good legit stream of PPVs. Trying to catch the clown show this weekend without breaking the bank. 

I'm just going to watch a crappy stream online. I have a friend who wants to order this but I'm not wasting a penny on this gimmick.

Dana White posted a video a week or two ago showing McGregor knock out some guy in a practice fight. The fight went 10 or 12 rounds and then only show the 20 seconds or so when the guy went down. They must've gotten some bum off the streets to make it look good for the cameras. Dana also said McGregor winning will be the biggest upset ever...apparently beating a washed up 40-year-old is a major upset, not like McGregor has a chance anyways. Dana is desperately trying to get this event to sell out. I hope Floyd wins in the first round.