Followers 0
MetalFan87

Got (MMA) News

2,198 posts in this topic

Andrew
[^]
:

Mike's right. Moved.

Then wrestling should be moved too. I don't care if one's scripted and one's not, it's a silly differentiation. They're both based around multiple people fighting for people's entertainment. It's not like sports and I realize that's a subjective opinion. But I think wherever one goes, the other should follow. You can't convince me there's a difference.

Mike
[^]
:

MMA = Sports

Wrestling = Kane buried his brother alive at a pay-per-view and will have a funeral on TV Friday

You don't explain why MMA is a sport. Wrestling takes a lot of physical ability and even if events are scripted, they still technically fight and do things that are painful and dangerous. MMA is like a more brutal boxing, but it still amounts to the same general concept.

pen
:

You don't explain why MMA is a sport. Wrestling takes a lot of physical ability and even if events are scripted, they still technically fight and do things that are painful and dangerous. MMA is like a more brutal boxing, but it still amounts to the same general concept.

MMA is a sport because it is competitive. Pro wrestling is only faux competition.

Andrew
[^]
:

MMA is a sport because it is competitive. Pro wrestling is only faux competition.

Fine. I understand the difference between the two. On a more superficial level though, the two industries have enough cross between them and operate on such a similar flight plan that I still think they belong hand in hand, despite their differences.

On a personal level, I understand why combat sports are considered sports. I guess based on the basic definition of sport, they have to be. I don't like it. I think it's glorified battery, and I think it's silly that we organize and support and pay to watch what two people on the street would be arrested for. Don't get me wrong, I admire the skill and dedication those fighters have, but I think there are better things they could be doing with their lives, like having brain cells.

Clearly Pen you have no clue what you're talking about. MMA fighters are not street fighters. You have Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, wrestling, boxing, all these different styles they work hard at and it takes years to master. It's not just going in there and punching the shit out of the other guy.

And to the naked eye (you), I guess MMA and wrestling look similar but they are nothing alike.

Mike
[^]
:

Clearly Pen you have no clue what you're talking about. MMA fighters are not street fighters. You have Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, wrestling, boxing, all these different styles they work hard at and it takes years to master. It's not just going in there and punching the shit out of the other guy.

I understand. I said I respect the dedication and skill of the fighters. But no matter what fighting style you use, it is still fighting. Your object is to beat the shit out of someone. You can't tell me that's not true, because that's the whole point.

The problem is you think I don't understand, and that's not true. I understand. I just don't care. That's the difference.

I'm so offended right now lol.

I wrestled for a long time and im learning multiple fighting styles well im on deployment. But apparently that is the same as pretending to bury my brother and having a fake funeral in front of an audience.

Your right pen, how could i have not noticed the similarity's.

What if wwe decided to change to wfe "world football Entertainment" And pretended to have a staged dramatic football organization, with all the same crazy shenanigans and scripts. Would we combine fake scripted football with real football?

I really think what we have here is a case of me not being very clear with my argument and you guys assuming complete ignorance on my part, and I will freely admit that the way I'm wording things tonight does nothing to help relieve that.

I don't watch either but I think both should be considered sports. One may be "Sports Entertainment" but it's still more of an athletic competition in my eyes than it is a scripted show.

PHOBIA
[^]
:

I don't watch either but I think both should be considered sports. One may be "Sports Entertainment" but it's still more of an athletic competition in my eyes than it is a scripted show.

What, no one wants to fight with Phobia for another two pages?

pen
:

I really think what we have here is a case of me not being very clear with my argument and you guys assuming complete ignorance on my part, and I will freely admit that the way I'm wording things tonight does nothing to help relieve that.

It would be easier if you just didn't post in the MMA thread because your troll attempts/complete ignorance or whatever reason your posting these ridiculous comments is disrupting any serious discussion about something we enjoy.

It's not a sure thing yet, but this is just the fight for Aldo I wanted. Grispi is a real up and coming fighter who finishes fights. After a few years I think he'll have to move up to LW as well.

Veritas
[^]
:

It's not a sure thing yet, but this is just the fight for Aldo I wanted. Grispi is a real up and coming fighter who finishes fights. After a few years I think he'll have to move up to LW as well.

I think I will be paying more attention to these divisions since the merger...

Veritas
[^]
:

You won't be disappointed. The smaller fighters really go after it.

I have followed many of the top fights in WEC, but never got into the up and comers...I really enjoy watching those little guys go at it...

By up and comer, I mean he is barely 22 years old. He's currently ranked at about #5 for the featherweight top 10, so he is definitely the most worthy opponent, as Aldo has already beat the current #2-4 in his last 3 fights. Grispi has not faced any of the top 4 fighters yet either, so he could potentially be better than the likes of Mike Brown, Manny Gambuyan, and Uriah Faber.

Veritas
[^]
:

By up and comer, I mean he is barely 22 years old. He's currently ranked at about #5 for the featherweight top 10, so he is definitely the most worthy opponent, as Aldo has already beat the current #2-4 in his last 3 fights. Grispi has not faced any of the top 4 fighters yet either, so he could potentially be better than the likes of Mike Brown, Manny Gambuyan, and Uriah Faber.

Aldo is insane in the ring...It's gonna take a hellish effort to beat him...

Veritas
[^]
:

Agreed, but I think Grispi is the best bet.

I love the way you're talking him up and will definitely be all over this fight...

I am not a huge fan of kingpins. That's why I hope Belfort dethrones Silva, and Koscheck beats GSP (even though his attitude is terrible). I like some uncertainty, you know?

Except if Condit or Bones get a title, then I want them to keep it.