Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MetalFan87

Got (MMA) News

2,198 posts in this topic

Here is the latest P4P listing: Cain Velasquez and Bones Jones should be on this list...I don't think Machida, Evans, or Shields should be on this list...

1. ANDERSON SILVA (27-4)
UFC middleweight champion

2. GEORGES ST. PIERRE (20-2)
UFC welterweight champion

3. JOSE ALDO (18-1)
WEC featherweight champion

4. FRANKIE EDGAR (13-1)
UFC lightweight champion

5. JON FITCH (23-3, 1 NC)
UFC welterweight

6. MAURICIO RUA (19-4)
UFC light heavyweight champion

7. JAKE SHIELDS (26-4-1)
UFC middleweight

8. LYOTO MACHIDA (16-1)
UFC light heavyweight

9. RASHAD EVANS (15-1-1)
UFC light heavyweight

10. GILBERT MELENDEZ (18-2)
Strikeforce lightweight champion

This really needs to be in the sports forum. I don't know why the hell a sport has to be bunched with TV shows like it's Hawaii Five-O.

As for them merging, I'm all for it because now we'll get the best fighters from there coming over here and UFC will get even better. What I'm not a fan of is them adding featherweight and bantamweight titles. I think the five titles they have is perfect and with two more belts they're sort of fake weight divisions I feel. People say "I'm a lightweight" or "I'm a light heavyweight." You'd never hear anyone say "I'm a bantamweight." It just seems foolish, like there's a belt for every weight, 155 title, 160 title, 165 title, it's too much. We'll get more title fights but I feel it kind of cheapens the belts having too many of them and kinda waters it down a little like with boxing. I thought the five belts they had were perfect.

Mike, the mma news topic is perfect as it is...I also agree with you about the weight issues, but I think we will get over it as soon as the action begins...

Raven
[^]
:

It doesn't solve the problem that Jose Aldo has no solid competition. He needs to move up to 155.

This will happen very, very soon...

I am perfectly fine with adding bantamweight and featherweight classes. These guys can't eat a bunch of cake to make 155 and still be effective. It's not like they are changing the current classes at all. I don't know how much WEC you watch, but they put on fights just as good, if not better, than the UFC. This will be awesome.

Also, Henderson vs Pettis at the last WEC event in December determines the #1 contender to face the winner of Maynard vs Edgar to unify the belts.

Yeah those arent just handout weight classes they are extremely competitive with A LOT of people in them that are very good fighters. I weight 147 and i wouldn't want to move up to 155 cuz the ppl there really weight 165 or more.

Bro
:

Cuz we like it more in its own forum

No, you don't understand. I'm fine with MMA having its own sticky, but it should be put in the sports forum, not the TV show forum. The problem is Pen doesn't know a thing about sports and is confusing MMA with wrestling (which belongs where it is now or in general discussion).

Mike
[^]
:

No, you don't understand. I'm fine with MMA having its own sticky, but it should be put in the sports forum, not the TV show forum. The problem is Pen doesn't know a thing about sports and is confusing MMA with wrestling (which belongs where it is now or in general discussion).

It's not about confusion, idiot. It's about not having fifty stickies in the sports forum. I'm not confusing MMA with wrestling although personally I find it hard to consider any event where the object is to get the shit beat out of you a sport.

At any rate, why did you want wrestling in the TV forum? If you can provide a credible answer to that without sounding like a hypocrite, I'll be surprised.

J4ESTER
[^]
:

Because its on TV? And it has a script just like TV?

First off, and I say this with all due respect, I didn't ask you. I asked Mike, because I want to argue with him. But also MMA is on TV too so that's not very much of a point. Yes, wrestling has a script, but regardless both wrestling and MMA are based around their shows and/or PPV events. Why should they not be put under the same microscope?

pen
:

At any rate, why did you want wrestling in the TV forum?

I personally think wrestling should be in the general discussion forum. Because it's not technically a sport because it's scripted yet they are still doing athletic things and it's not really a TV show in my opinion, it's kinda in between the two. So if I had my way it would be in the general discussion and then my second choice would be TV show forum.

pen
:

wrestling and MMA are based around their shows and/or PPV events. Why should they not be put under the same microscope?

Because every other sport is based on their stuff on TV as well and MMA shouldn't be any different from the NFL, MLB, etc.