EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,641 posts in this topic

I caught The Social Network for a second time. I was going to see Jackass or Due Date afterwards, but my theater moved the ushers to the doors so I couldn't sneak into them. I can't complain at all about watching TSN again, though.

Andrew
:

Because it was good? You've never seen a movie twice?

I guess "Got News" is just "Random Chat" now. Whatever.

I have never gone to a theater twice to see a movie. Kind of a waste of money...

J4ESTER
[^]
:

Why did you see a movie you have already seen?

Sometimes you catch new details and have a better appreciation for a film after seeing it a second time. I've done that a couple of times. Some people like to do that, especially with movies they really love. And they don't want to wait for the DVD is my point.

Andrew
[^]
:

I guess "Got News" is just "Random Chat" now. Whatever.

This happens in every Got News thread, why are people always surprised by this? Eventually someone will post some news and get things back on track.

J4ESTER
[^]
:

I have never gone to a theater twice to see a movie. Kind of a waste of money...

It's not a waste if you genuinely want to see it again.

Plus I have a friend who works at the theater, so I get in for a dollar.

Andrew
:

It's not a waste if you genuinely want to see it again.

Plus I have a friend who works at the theater, so I get in for a dollar.

Well whatever. For a dollar maybe a good movie would be worth it. I guess I would rather pay for a new movie that I havent seen than see the same movie again

Good reviews for Unstoppable so far - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/unstoppable-2010/

30 fresh, 5 rotten at the time of me posting this. I'm actually kinda suprised cause the three previous Tony Scott directed Denzel movies (Pelham 123, Deja Vu, Man on Fire) I wasn't a huge fan of.

I'm still waiting for the Skyline reviews cause I'm more interested in that and will be seeing that first. Denzel is my third favorite actor so I'll definitely be seeing Unstoppable next week, but Denzel is a huge star avoiding a loud, packed theater is also a reason why I'm seeing Skyline first. Skyline should have really came out last week. They are competing with a huge star and a kinda similar genre this week when they wouldn't have last week.

I want to see Skyline and wont be seeing Unstoppable in theatres...I will see it. One of the few Denzel movies I want to see, only because the new Star Trek guy is in it.

The first trailer for Skyline looked pretty intense, but then the second trailer showed the acting, and that ruined it for me. They jammed some of the worst actors and actresses into one movie, and surrounded them with special effects.

Matt
:

The first trailer for Skyline looked pretty intense, but then the second trailer showed the acting, and that ruined it for me. They jammed some of the worst actors and actresses into one movie, and surrounded them with special effects.

They did have quite a low budget you know, but I guess that is not really an excuse. Have you seen the movie Monsters that was released recently? I think it had a budget of only half a million and it was done rather well. Check out the trailer.

Skyline's SFX aren't even impressive. It had a pretty decent budget, too. The only excuse is the Brothers Strausse are assclowns.

-1mperfect
:

Skyline's SFX aren't even impressive. It had a pretty decent budget, too. The only excuse is the Brothers Strausse are assclowns.

10-20 million is a tiny budget nowadays for an FX oriented film.

Matt
:

If you have a small budget, it's always best to take the artistic route.

Like the Monsters film I just mentioned. :)