EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,831 posts in this topic

Hey, here's the new trailer in case anyone wanted to see it instead of just reading DD's thoughts.

I found the Star-Lord+Iron Man and the Spider-Man+Dr. Strange interactions hilarious and that's exactly what I'm looking forward to most about this movie, everyone meeting each other and reaching Defcon 1 levels of snark.

5 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Thor 3 was overloaded with humor so people want less of that snark youre talking about.

Thor Ragnarok did the best out of all three Thor movies, so you can stop talking out your asshole.

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

Thor 3 was overloaded with humor so people want less of that snark youre talking about.

Yes people definitely showed they want less of that by making it the most popular and profitable Thor movie yet.

Believe it or not I actually do not agree with this person here and when I saw this written I was quite shocked. Most people who complain about modern fx are nostalgic people and they tend to be older obviously. For the record, I dont think he looks bad at all, but Doomsday definitely looked horrible IMO and I think most agreed with that. Same with Steppenwolf.

Infinity War’s Thanos proves CGI supervillains are a terrible idea

6 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Of all the speculative deaths on who will die I havent seen anyone mention him being one of them

I'd be perfectly fine seeing Doctor Strange die. With the possible exception of Hawkeye, he very well could be the most boring MCU superhero. His movie did nothing for me, I have no interest in seeing a sequel and it's not like it did huge numbers at the box office.

5 hours ago, pen said:

Thor Ragnarok did the best out of all three Thor movies, so you can stop talking out your asshole.

Ragnarok was a good movie so I'm not knocking it but Thor 1 and 2 were the worst the MCU had to offer so it's not really much of an accomplishment that Ragnarok did better than them. And there was waaaaaaay too much humor in GOTG 2 and Ragnarok but I didn't have a problem with any of the comedy in this trailer. Star-Lord's line to Tony was the best part of the trailer.

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd be perfectly fine seeing Doctor Strange die. With the possible exception of Hawkeye, he very well could be the most boring MCU superhero. His movie did nothing for me, I have no interest in seeing a sequel and it's not like it did huge numbers at the box office.

I think we are being tricked and set up. Just because it looks like Corvus Glave takes Vision's Infinity stone and Ebony Maw takes Dr Strange's stone, that doesn't mean they kill them and Im gonna bet that could be the case. We see them both in pain but that could mean they are crying about their stones being taken and not crying about being killed. Plus isnt there 2 parts to this movie ? That means no one could die in part 1 and in part 2 is when it does happen.

A little humor will be fine because the tone of these movies to this point has been pretty light for the most part, but it's really going to take me out of it if everybody's cracking snarky jokes as they are desperately trying to stop the destruction of the universe.

5 hours ago, Ruiner II said:

A little humor will be fine because the tone of these movies to this point has been pretty light for the most part, but it's really going to take me out of it if everybody's cracking snarky jokes as they are desperately trying to stop the destruction of the universe.

I mean, at least Spider-Man should be as that's how he deals with fear.

The Russos have generally been very good at nailing the tone of their movies so I'm not particularly concerned about IW being too jokey.

I watched the first episode of Counterpart last night and came away extremely impressed. The premise seems like it was ripped right out of the mind of J.J. Abrams, the story seems like it could go in an infinite number of exciting directions but really the story is about J.K. Simmons who shines in this and makes the human stuff as enjoyable to watch as the sci-fi stuff. While it's possible it might not be as good as I continue the series, just going by the pilot, I'd put it right up there with The Handmaid's Tale, Billions and Stranger Things as one of the best new shows that has premiered over the past two years.

Possibly the worst episode of Family Guy ever this week...incredibly boring, they messed with the canon and it had a disturbing ending.

For those that didn't see it...

Spoiler

It was hyped up as an episode that would possibly reveal Stewie's sexuality. Commercial free episode featuring Stewie in a therapy session with Ian McKellen voicing the therapist. It was just those two, no cutaways. It didn't reveal his sexuality which has some people pissed. I for one was happy with this because part of the fun is that we don't know his sexuality for sure and some of the jokes are funny when he doesn't realize the way it sounds when he says gay-sounding things. Also, he's a one-year-old and is too small to know his sexuality anyways.

Then the canon-altering stuff is when Stewie reveals that he's lonely and the way he acts is just a character. Him going into detail about his feelings felt as forced and inauthentic as Brian on the episode when him and Stewie were trapped in the bank fault. He only speaks with a British accent because it's part of this persona he created. We then hear his real voice. The therapist could never tell the difference in his voice anyways when he spoke differently which was weird. So basically the Stewie we've seen for almost 20 years is just an act.

Then at the end the therapist needs his pills for his heart and Stewie lets him die because the therapist is the only one that saw the true Stewie. And then Stewie wakes up which makes you think the whole thing is a dream but then he tells Brian he did a terrible thing so you don't know what the hell happened.

Stick to the comedy, Family Guy.

So Black Panther is set to become the highest grossing MCU movie ever this week, and it still has enough in the tank that it should get some insurance for that record before all is said and done. Black Panther, the undisputed heavyweight champion of superhero movies. This is still the craziest shit

Looking at the all-time chart, I think Jurassic World and Beauty and the Beast are the movies that really break the part of my brain that used to obsessively follow NA box office as a teenager. There used to be order, there used to be rules, now the most random shit can clear 500 million. 

If anyone is interested in a Blade Runner 2049 digital code for $5 send me a DM. Otherwise I'll just put it on eBay. They're selling for around $5-$8 on there. You redeem the code on the WB website and it says it's for Movies Anywhere.

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

If anyone is interested in a Blade Runner 2049 digital code for $5 send me a DM. Otherwise I'll just put it on eBay. They're selling for around $5-$8 on there. You redeem the code on the WB website and it says it's for Movies Anywhere.

I already used mine, but I'll say for anyone interested that the Movies Anywhere thing can be linked to your Amazon (and presumably other services like iTunes, VUDU, etc) so it'll go in your video library on a service/app you already use. Which is obviously more appealing than having to use some crappy digital copy site/mobile app. 

On 3/22/2018 at 4:24 PM, Mike said:

Same thing but for It if anyone is interested.

Pretty hit and miss trailer for me, a little too heavy on the "insert 'fuck' here" one-liners, but some of the action shots looked pretty awesome and I chuckled a few times. "Isn't that a little derivative?" 

Today it was confirmed that Captain Marvel will be about the Kree-Skrull War, and features the return of some unexpected but completely logical characters, seeing as how it takes place in the past: Djimon Hounsou as Korath, Lee Pace as Ronan, and the man, the myth, the legend, Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson. I am excite.

55 minutes ago, Mike said:

And so ends Marvel's streak of good villains.

On the contrary, this could be an opportunity to provide more depth to the character posthumously.