EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

15,044 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, pen said:

Actually, and not to side with Mike in any way, but I traced that image back to the article it came from and apparently three separate news outlets (ABC, Reuters, and the New York Daily News) reported the story in favor of Spacey coming out instead of focusing on the more serious issue before realizing what they'd done and changing their articles.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/corinne-weaver/2017/10/30/media-slammed-burying-kevin-spacey-allegations-coming-out

Just thought I'd share.

I mean if I had to be more clear and say "I'm sure there were a few examples," I guess I should have but as evidenced by that article they were also crucified.  The consensus among the media and social networks in general has undoubtedly been in defense of Rapp and not of Spacey.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

If every guy talking out of his ass in front of other guys about how game he was with the ladies was a sexual predator, then half the men in the country would be a sexual predator.

http://people.com/politics/every-sexual-assault-accusation-against-donald-trump/

Yeah that's what I have been noticing on social media. If you go after someone from Hollywood for anything regarding sexual assault or abuse, the Trump haters come out in full force and have to remind you about Trump's alleged sordid past. I feel in the end there are no winners just losers. Im gonna stay out of it and hope Hollywood crumbles and burns to the ground because at the end of the day I dont need them in my life. Whatever happens happens. They have a history of racism, sexism, pedophilia, etc and so do people on the right when talking about pedophilia in the catholic church for example but in the end there are no winners only losers.

Depends how often I go to the movie theaters which isnt a lot. Right now on Halloween night Im watching a video on underrated horror movies from the 90's done by a a buddy of mine and I'm really enjoying it. Cheers. :)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/02/tyrese-gibson-threatens-to-quit-furious-franchise-if-dwayne-johnson-is-in-fast-9

Okay, now Tyrese is acting like a petulant child.

I get it, and I'm actually surprised he's being so transparent about it all, that he really needs the money right now whereas Johnson doesn't and that Johnson doing the spinoff directly impacts Tyrese.

But I don't get how threatening to leave the franchise solves any problems. Does he really think that they're going to side with him over Johnson? Either way seems shitty for the rest of the players involved.

Its for Mike only because hes the only one that still watches it. I stopped watching after season 4 or 5 I think. Yes I know that's a right leaning channel ok. Its not like I watch their videos since I dont give a shit about Canada. I just happened to stumble across it while searching something else and wanted to hear his thoughts on it. Like I said, I stopped watching it a while ago thus I have no thoughts on said video, didnt even watch the whole thing. It never even occurred to me that Curb was a very un pc show from what I remember from it. I remember some Jewish jokes but Larry David is Jewish so he can get a pass there. Was there racist jokes about black people ? I dont even remember. Dont remember it being sexist either. I remember an ep with a muslim woman and they kinda joked about that but I dont remember the specifics of it other than it was a blind guy set up on a date with her and her entire body was covered. I guess that was the joke.

Disney has announced that Rian Johnson is creating a brand new Star Wars TRILOGY. He will also be directing the first movie of the trilogy.

This is incredibly exciting news. I can't wait to see what he does. There are so many places it could go. Taking place during the original trilogy could be cool. I'd also like to see more of the immediate aftermath of Return of the Jedi. Even having it take place after Episode IX would be fun. Hopefully if they go that route, it is a clean slate with all new characters.

It has also been announced that a new live action Star Wars (and Marvel) show is coming to Disney's new streaming service. I really hope it's Underworld. All the 80+ scripts are done. Just make the damn show.

5 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Rotten Tomatoes is delaying the release of Justice League’s Tomatometer score... https://www.avclub.com/rotten-tomatoe...

It's because they have some Facebook show they're highlighting so people will tune in. I think it's pretty stupid all around and Rotten Tomatoes is forgetting that they're an aggregate site and not a reviews site.

2 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

So I was really skeptical of this because they took an old game with no plot that no one remembers and use the name but it looks kinda good to me.

It looks... like they combined Godzilla with Mighty Joe Young.

I don't know, it's the kind of thing where the lack of a plot for the source material can either work for it or against it.

The trailer is fine, but not enough to not make me skeptical of the whole scenario.

Looks like the main difference is that in the game humans turned into the monsters and thats obviously not the case here. Also they are playing up the gorilla as the "star" of the 3 monsters. I can see why they are doing that from the trailer but obviously that has nothing to do with the game, the gorilla being the star of the 3. Keeping the lizard hidden for most of the trailer seems like a good strategy I guess.

The game wasnt anything deep or exciting, just a fun time waster or quarter muncher. Heres a little bit of nostalgia for you. The sequel (I dont even remember there being a sequel) on the N64. Appearantly there were a whole bunch of sequels that I dont even remember cuz I was busy playing better games lol.

So the fact that its Jude Law and not some buff action here type like Hemsworth suggests he wont do much other than just talking. Looks like it could be another Michael Douglas in Ant-Man type of situation.

Thanos looks so weird without a helmet. I understand the directors explained it but it still looks odd to me. Also the lack of Ant Man in the trailer kinda sucked but at least we know he wont die because the movie comes out after this. Also thought they should have introduced Capt Marvel in this or if not at least in the sequel.

2 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Thanos looks so weird without a helmet. I understand the directors explained it but it still looks odd to me. Also the lack of Ant Man in the trailer kinda sucked but at least we know he wont die because the movie comes out after this. Also thought they should have introduced Capt Marvel in this or if not at least in the sequel.

Captain Marvel comes out before the sequel. She's already confirmed as in it.