EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,612 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, pen said:

I still don't get why people hate Salvation. I thought it was great.

PG-13 Terminator movie :huh: Anyway, with a new Terminator coming whether we like it or not, enough with John Conner already. Time to put that character to bed.

7 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

PG-13 Terminator movie :huh: Anyway, with a new Terminator coming whether we like it or not, enough with John Conner already. Time to put that character to bed.

Outside of the T-800 throwing John around at the end like a rag doll instead of trying to kill him, you'd never know the movie was not R. It was gritty as fuck and felt R. 

And I totally agree with you about John Connor. I don't want to see him again. 

Curb Your Enthusiasm was a massive disappointment, which sadly I was kind of expecting after seeing the trailer. If a new viewer who didn't know when the show originally aired and returned watches the entire series all together, they'd be able to tell that season 9 feels different from the rest of the series. The structure is the same, stuff from the beginning came back at the end and the whole thing tied together like it usually does but it just...wasn't funny. It felt off.

His character's death was kind of sad even though he had it coming. Then of course his poor wife had to live the rest of her life not knowing what really happened to him. Don't think she bought the he ran off with some broad excuse.

I finished The Mist the other day. I didn't know what to expect as I've never watched a scripted show on Spike TV before. They did a few things kinda weird. I guess the first few episodes were on spike.com so in the commercial of episode 1 there was already an ad for episode 2. And sometimes when they went to commercial break the first thing you'd see is a preview for what is to come after the commercial break. Kinda reminds me of the bullshit with movie trailers you see online showing quick glimpses of all the good stuff in the trailer in that five second trailer preview at the beginning. Gotta cater to the ADD generation. Even though I fast-forward the commercials, it was annoying to see and hear little bits of stuff from future scenes from time to time that I didn't want to see.

As for the show, it was pretty good. Spike TV is no premium channel, AMC, FX or even Syfy but the quality felt a little upgraded from network TV. Sorta like TNT quality. It was watchable. I've never seen the movie or read the book but the story was pretty interesting and there was some very intriguing stuff that unfortunately I won't get to see more of cause the show got canceled. I'll have to go online and read about the book. The final scene was weird because it felt like the ending to a regular episode and not the season finale. I don't know if the story in the book is the same but in the show there is this really satisfying scene where a bunch of assholes all get killed at the same time. Good stuff. There's plenty of better stuff to watch on TV but The Mist was pretty good.

Tyrese Gibson blaming The Rock for Fast 9 getting delayed: I understand his complaints. The guy basically only gets a paycheck when a new Transformers or Fast & Furious movie comes out. But my god what a bunch of whiny, jealous bitches the people in these movies are. You'd think they'd be more grateful to the person who came in and saved their franchise. I really wish The Rock would just tell them to fuck off and stop doing these movies. He can go and make his Hobbs spinoff with Jason Statham and that will be a perfectly fine success without all of the bums from the main F&F series in the movie.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Tyrese Gibson blaming The Rock for Fast 9 getting delayed: I understand his complaints. The guy basically only gets a paycheck when a new Transformers or Fast & Furious movie comes out. But my god what a bunch of whiny, jealous bitches the people in these movies are. You'd think they'd be more grateful to the person who came in and saved their franchise. I really wish The Rock would just tell them to fuck off and stop doing these movies. He can go and make his Hobbs spinoff with Jason Statham and that will be a perfectly fine success without all of the bums from the main F&F series in the movie.

To be fair, the series was already saved with part 4 before the Rock showed up in part 5.

That said, I agree all these antics are childish.

3 hours ago, pen said:

To be fair, the series was already saved with part 4 before the Rock showed up in part 5.

While that may be true, the worldwide box office total almost doubled when Rock joined in part 5, compared to part 4.

So SNL had a skit filmed about Harvey Weinstein but they cut it before it aired. When asked why it was cut, SNL creator Lorne Michaels said "it's a New York thing."

No, no, no...this isn't a New York thing. It's a Hollywood thing. See Hollywood likes to act like they're better than everyone. They embarrass Syrian refugees by propping them up at award shows so the celebs feel better about themselves. These Hollywood elite are so quick to call out any injustice they see from the president or any other hot-button issue in the news. But when it comes to the sexual abuse of women and children they turn a blind eye. SNL isn't afraid to do skits about anything...except when it involves one of their own getting exposed about Hollywood's dirty little secret. These people are the biggest hypocrites you'll ever see.

Hollywood is a bad place rife with racism, sexism, pedophilia, adultry, drug use, etc and it appears you are acknowledging it but it does seem like you kiss their ass a lot. You're finally calling them out but it does seem like you kiss their ass a lot.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

tjq5ozzqrz4j7cqf7qkv.jpg

Force Awakens and Rogue One sucked. What did I say again about you kissing Hollywood ass ? :D

Also what are the chances they DONT kill Luke off ? Very low. They will enjoy pissing people off for sure.

21 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Force Awakens and Rogue One sucked. What did I say again about you kissing Hollywood ass ? :D

Also what are the chances they DONT kill Luke off ? Very low. They will enjoy pissing people off for sure.

What is this Hollywood ass kissing you speak of? And while I didn't like Rogue One a lot, the Vader scene at the end was AMAZING and the action for the last 45 minutes or so was awesome. And despite Rey being too perfect, I did like Episode VII. Although this talk about it being better than Episode III is nonsense.

And I will be supremely pissed off if Luke dies or ends up being the villain...which was kinda hinted at in the trailer that just aired. It's also gonna be dumb and predictable when Rey ends up being a more powerful force user than Luke.

Just now, Mike said:

Yep, that was pretty fucking good.  I think it actually looks better than The Force Awakens.

Does anybody else think that in the end Rey goes darkside and Kylo goes good?

Just now, Mike said:

What the fuck! Rian Johnson warned not to watch the trailer for spoilers. I guess that ending is what he was talking about.

That's even if that is the actual scene.  How many times do they misdirect in trailers.

Thoughts...

- For some reason I felt like Snoke was talking to Rey that entire time and not Kylo. It would make sense that he would be more interested in the one who beat Kylo and not Kylo himself.

- I don't like how Finn is seemingly some side story supporting player this time around.

- That alien thing next to Chewie was very cute and had me laughing.

- They better not make Luke the villain trying to kill Rey cause her power reminds him of Vader. That will destroy my interest in Star Wars. Luke Skywalker should always be a hero.

New Mutants trailer is out...

On the one hand, I applaud Fox for trying to do something unique with the franchise and not just put out another superhero spinoff, but I also feel like the tone and direction they're going for might... work against it?

Watching this trailer, if I didn't already know who the New Mutants are and what this movie is about, I wouldn't have any idea that it has anything to do with the X-Men or really, any inkling of what's actually going on in this trailer.

I feel like the general public will just see this as another horror movie with jump scares and paranormal activity... at the least they could have shown Wolfsbane turning into a werewolf or better illustrating Cannonball and Sunspot's powers.

Instead we get some creepy lines, some creepy scenes, and a throwaway line about a haunted house. I'm not really impressed right now.