EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,641 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Tomb Raider trailer is baaaaaaad

Really disappointing since there's truly great talent in the cast between Vikander and Goggins. 

I wouldn't say bad, just looks more like a popcorn action flick than I was expecting. 

6 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Young Sheldon premiers tonight. Get the laugh track ready...

Didnt deserve 2 downvotes. Who cares if YOU arent interested, Plenty of people are. Fuck off. :angry:

I love how ruiner only listens to highbrow music and only watches highbrow tv shows but also he watches pro wrestling. Yeah go figure. Stop talking shit please.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Two questions...

1. Did you all see the kick-ass trailer for The Punisher?

I wasn't sure how to feel about it. Punisher is an exceedingly hard character to do right, especially in a series, and I understand that even the comics have more miss runs than hits. There's a conflict in people who want to see him as this badass vigilante who gives no fucks and kills bad guys in a violent spectacle, and those who prefer his character as a tragic figure who is ultimately a total piece of shit that struggles to carry a narrative as the main protagonist. The trailer leaned a little heavier in the former direction than is to my tastes. 

Still, great, great casting choice. 

4 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Didnt deserve 2 downvotes. Who cares if YOU arent interested, Plenty of people are. Fuck off. :angry:

Are those people here? Cause if so, we should root them out and salvage their parts for future usage in the coming apocalypse.

1 hour ago, Ruiner said:

I wasn't sure how to feel about it. Punisher is an exceedingly hard character to do right, especially in a series, and I understand that even the comics have more miss runs than hits. There's a conflict in people who want to see him as this badass vigilante who gives no fucks and kills bad guys in a violent spectacle, and those who prefer his character as a tragic figure who is ultimately a total piece of shit that struggles to carry a narrative as the main protagonist. The trailer leaned a little heavier in the former direction than is to my tastes. 

Still, great, great casting choice. 

I'm guessing you didn't see Daredevil Season 2, but when he showed up there Bernthal nailed it as a combination of that give-no-fucks guy you describe and a guy who is actually fairly affable and even likable when it's just him with people he has no beef with.

His scenes with Daredevil and with Karen are very touching and demonstrate that underneath the hard exterior, Frank Castle is a haunted and broken man who is maybe only alive out of spite than any real self-preservation.

I'm very happy to see his further adventures, and Karen shows up in this show too, so I'm sure we'll see both the dark and the lighter sides of Frank.

3 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

I love how ruiner only listens to highbrow music and only watches highbrow tv shows but also he watches pro wrestling. Yeah go figure. Stop talking shit please.

Man, you're real defensive over a crappy TV show.

24 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Since you guys love RT so much, YS currently has a 72% rating. Not bad at all for a "crappy" show as you call it.

You're the only one who cares. 

2 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Plenty of people post stuff only they care about.

Most of them aren't throwing a bitchfest about it though.

James Cameron confirms that the new Terminator is a sequel to T2 and that Terminator 3-5 are an alternate timeline: This is definitely the right way to go. The franchise has been getting worse and worse and the only way for it to continue on other than a full reboot was to have the new one act as Cameron's sequel to his movies. While I love T3 very much (and hate how it gets unfairly bunched with the bad movies), making James Cameron's Terminator 3 is smart here. And I like how they're referring to the others as in an alternate timeline. It's a nice way to say that those films are still canon and are out there somewhere taking place and haven't been wiped from the history books.

Lacey Chabert turned 35 today. Google her if you dont know who she is. She was so fucking hot and still is hot and Im talking about the adult version not the kid version from Party of Five haha lol.

6 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

T3 has a mixed reception.

T3 has only gotten a mixed reception in recent years because it gets lumped in with Salvation and Genisys because people want to make it seem like the Terminator franchise has been going downhill for longer than it actually has. T3 has a 70% on Rotten Tomatoes and was pretty well-received by fans when it came out. Some of the humor is bad and doesn't mesh with the tone of the franchise and there is an over-reliance on CG at times but overall I think it's a really awesome movie. It's one of the few times I went into a movie with insanely high expectations and the movie completely lived up to the hype.

Oh and Nick Stahl is probably my favorite John Connor.

9 hours ago, pen said:

I still don't get why people hate Salvation. I thought it was great.

It had its moments. The action was solid, the world they created was interesting and Marcus Wright was a good character. My biggest complaint was probably Christian Bale. Weirdly enough, one of my favorite actors was one of my least favorite aspects of this movie. He was a horrible John Connor. Another thing I didn't like was that the future looked nothing like the future they showed in the first three movies. Genisys may have kinda sucked but at least they completely nailed how a future war Terminator should look. And one final complaint I had was a complaint I also had with Genisys, they tried to give Skynet a face with Helena Bonham Carter. Skynet doesn't need a face. It's scary because it doesn't have a leader and is just a computer that humans created. And I'm not sure what this is all about (shown in the prison camp where Kyle Reese is) but I would've been totally against evil humans running Skynet. I guess some alternate ending, not sure if it was filmed or not, showed them discovering a base where the machines were slaves serving drinks and stuff and humans were running things and living good lives. That would've been awful. There was also some crazy ending where Marcus' programming has him kill everyone in the cast and he rips off John's skin and puts it on his face so John is now a machine. Weird shit. I would've liked to have at least seen these deleted scenes. Basically the writers strike messed up this movie and it's the studio's fault for not delaying it and fixing the script. Out of the three most recent Terminator movies, I think Salvation would've been the one that could've had the most interesting sequel. They created an interesting future worth seeing more of. Honestly, I like every Terminator movie. It's my second favorite movie franchise, right behind Star Wars.