EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,553 posts in this topic

The highest ever opening weekend for a horror movie is Paranormal Activity 3, with around 50 million dollars... I share this trivia because the early word is that It is bringing that home in its first day. 

We may have another Deadpool on our hands. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

You say that like he's not a massive upgrade over the person he's replacing.

Well yeah but I wanted better. 

To be fair, though, it seems Rian Johnson was the first pick and he declined, so there's that. 

Star Wars: Episode IX delayed seven months: "Just hours after J.J. Abrams officially signed on to direct Star Wars: Episode IX, Disney has pushed the film’s release date back seven months. The as-yet-untitled Episode IX will now open Dec. 20, 2019, instead of May 24, 2019. Episode IX’s new release date also means it will have some box office competition: Wonder Woman 2 is scheduled to hit theaters just one week before on Dec. 13, 2019."

The Han Solo movie is coming out next May, just five months after Episode VIII. With the change in release dates for Episode IX, I feel like they should move Han Solo to next December. That way every one of these new Star Wars movies will be out around the same time, instead of just one of the movies out in May. December is a less crowded, better time to release the movies anyways. I imagine Wonder Woman 2 will get changed now. Looking at the movie calendar, Bond is out the beginning of November and Frozen is out the end of November. So there's really nowhere for Wonder Woman 2 to move to. Its best bet is to move to October where nothing is currently listed.

What a completely bullshit final episode of The OA. It showed some potential in the first episode and Sound of My Voice is a good movie so I decided to stick with this for eight boring episodes because the people who made that movie made this show. What a waste of my time.

Spoilers below if you don't plan on wasting time with this crap...

Spoiler

This blind girl disappears for seven years or so and when she returns she has her sight back. Throughout the series she explains her story to some kids in high school and a teacher. It's established that people who have near-death experiences can go into this other dimension, get abilities and blah blah blah. She was kidnapped by a scientist who wants to prove near-death experience other dimensions are real. She is held prisoner with other people and experimented on.

Throughout the entire series we are lead to believe her story is true but then in the last episode they decide to throw a curveball and we see a character discover books related to the story the former blind girl told in her bedroom, implying that she made the whole thing up. Then they add in a bunch of other weird stuff that doesn't make sense. Perhaps it will be explained in season 2. I won't know. I won't be there to find out.

41 minutes ago, Mike said:

Looks like the Hobbs spinoff movie with The Rock and Jason Statham is happening...and it appears Vin Diesel has sent one of his cronies, "actor" Tyrese Gibson, to convince him not to do the movie.

http://www.thewrap.com/tyrese-gibson-begs-rock-not-solo-fast-furious-spinoff-movie/

To be fair, he says he wants him to do the movie, just not now when it can potentially delay Fast Nine. Since I assume that decision would affect Tyrese by default, I can see his concern. 

What I don't see is that if the studio wants to go ahead with the spinoff, how much choice would The Rock even have? Presumably it's more about fine print in contracts than personal choices, surely?

Oh yeah I watched Goodfellas not that long ago. His character was busting Joe Pesci's balls pretty hard so when he got killed it wasnt a surprise at all. Sorry for the spoiler but its an old fucking movie. He was good in the Sopranos as well. Also, Im not a huge fan of this movie but this scene is fucking great. More brutal and emotional than anything I have scene.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BuQ6jsSUts

Better Things is clocking a killer 95 on Metacritic ahead of its premiere tonight. A pretty big jump over season one, which was already pretty great, so I'm excited. 

Jamie Lee Curtis Returning for ‘Halloween’ Reboot

Universal Pictures also set Oct. 19, 2018, as the release what’s calling the final film in the “Halloween” series.

The horror movie is being produced by Trancas International Films, Blumhouse Productions, and Miramax.

Curtis’ character will have a final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

John Carpenter will executive produce and serve as creative consultant on this film, joining leading horror producer Jason Blum, who’s behind “Get Out,” “Split,” and “The Purge” and “Paranormal Activity” franchises.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jamie-lee-curtis-halloween-finale-set-2018-1202560418/

Umm she already had a final confrontation with him and he killed her. They now are saying those movies didnt exist. I really hoped this movies bombs. Its an overrated franchise that has more bad movies than good ones. This new one takes place after part 2 and basically ignores 6+ movies that came it. I foolishly believed this movie was going to be something fresh and different considering who is involved.

54 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Its an overrated franchise that has more bad movies than good ones

I don't agree with this. I haven't seen a lot of these movies in well over 15 years and I'm sure I probably wouldn't enjoy any of them if I watched them all again but I do remember liking Halloween 1, 2, 4, H20 and Resurrection. 5 and 6 sucked and I never saw 3. And of course both Rob Zombie ones were dreadful. I do hate when movies pick and choose what is canon. This is a dumb idea but this is a slasher horror movie franchise. That's like a small step up from comics in terms of story. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over the story.

38 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't agree with this. I haven't seen a lot of these movies in well over 15 years and I'm sure I probably wouldn't enjoy any of them if I watched them all again but I do remember liking Halloween 1, 2, 4, H20 and Resurrection. 5 and 6 sucked and I never saw 3. And of course both Rob Zombie ones were dreadful. I do hate when movies pick and choose what is canon. This is a dumb idea but this is a slasher horror movie franchise. That's like a small step up from comics in terms of story. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over the story.

A sure sign that somebody's read the wrong comics

Also calling Halloween an overrated slasher franchise is weird, when you consider the competition. Is Friday the 13th better? Nightmare? Hellraiser? Assuming we're talking quality of the best film plus the good-to-crap ratio of the sequels (and excluding remakes), the only series I could imagine arguing as better is Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and that's mainly by virtue of only having four films. You could also make an argument for Scream, though it's an outlier because the same director made them all and it's more of a spoof of those series than a proper slasher. 

4 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

So IT has CGI balloons ? Funny how no one in any positive review even mentioned this or brought it up. Seems kinda ridiculous.

Because no one gives a shit but you 

Why do you not think its not laughable ? Most of the effects werent good except for a couple like the Leper who surprisingly wasnt CGI. You can have a cool character like the Leper whos surprisigly practical but have CGI blood, balloons, and rain. Come on, dont u see what Im getting at ? Also Mike fucking lied. The movie has lots of jump scares with Pennywise. He claimed there werent many.

Horror isnt action, dude. Practical effects should still play a major in it. I know Im not the only one who agrees because I talked to some horror fans not casual ones who just see the big trendy ones.

The direction was good. Some of the kids were good especially the girl but Pennywise himself I thought was awful and not scary. Other than posters in the background and some clothing I didnt get the feel that it took place in 1989.

Im a fan of subtlety and this and other horror movies that get hype have no subtlety. Bottom like the movie is overrated but you yourself said Wonder Woman was just meh and thats another movie people drooled all over.

I want you to know that however long it took you to type that post, I took a pathetic fraction of it to disregard it and type this response

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I want you to know that however long it took you to type that post, I took a pathetic fraction of it to disregard it and type this response

It doesn't matter. He got you to respond. The terrorists have already won.