EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,641 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Oh man, I remember having those arguments with Andrew over Cabin in the Woods. Fun times.

Weren't most of those arguments basically "you didn't see this movie you dumbass what is your argument"? Whose idea of fun is that, exactly? 

Just now, Ruiner said:

Weren't most of those arguments basically "you didn't see this movie you dumbass what is your argument"? Whose idea of fun is that, exactly? 

Aren't most of DD's arguments about judging things without having viewed them? It's not about whether something is good or not, it's about how well it stacks against his criteria.

37 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Notice how I didnt TAG him. That was intentional lol.

>I have to say, I've been seeing this 4chan formatting shit leak into other parts of the internet that aren't cesspools, and it's not my favorite thing to see

>and since I've revealed that I know things about 4chan, I feel obligated to preserve my good name and specify that I only ever go there for jerkoff purposes, and don't actually post on the website 

1 hour ago, Ruiner said:

>I have to say, I've been seeing this 4chan formatting shit leak into other parts of the internet that aren't cesspools, and it's not my favorite thing to see

Sorry to tell you this, but 4chan is probably responsible for a lot of dumb memetic shit you've enjoyed on the internet.

They're a bunch of shitbags but they're highly influential, and occasionally very funny, shitbags.

31 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Sorry to tell you this, but 4chan is probably responsible for a lot of dumb memetic shit you've enjoyed on the internet.

They're a bunch of shitbags but they're highly influential, and occasionally very funny, shitbags.

I've actually seen some arguments about their merit in being responsible for their huge influence on "internet culture", but they're almost always followed immediately by a list of things that annoy the shit out of me on the internet. I think memes are, as a general rule with odd exceptions, stupid, so being the meme factory of the internet isn't really a plus in my book. 

Inhumans is getting absolutely flayed by critics. Sounds like one of the worst new shows of the season, let alone the worst thing Marvel Studios has churned out. 

I want to be able to say some day that I have seen all of these but it will be tough since there are plenty I have no interest in especially some of the mini series stuff. I think maybe Ive seen half of them so far. Not a huge fan of the actual list, I mean Graveyard Shift is a cool old fashioned style monster movie with a great cast and atmosphere and its not one of the worst, not even close. They say the Mist is "one hell of a monster movie" and put it high even though the creature/cgi effects are very very bad. Then there's the stupid ending thats supposed to be shocking. Everyone is going to have a vastly different opinion on something like this I feel. Its not something where you can get a general consensus except for maybe Shawshank Redemption, Misery and The Shining being in the top 5 but they dont even have SR in the top 3!

http://www.slashfilm.com/all-59-stephen-king-movies-ranked/

You're the Worst premiere thoughts....

- I wasn't really sure how I felt about a "break-up arc" but I think a very compelling case for it was made here. Using a time jump was a smart move as it really let the writers move a lot of pieces around the board into new places, and it truly feels like a new show. The more cinematic direction that Falk used in the two big dramatic episodes before returns for the more comedic premiere, and I really like the call, and hope it's an evolution for the show instead of a one-off. It all feels much more mature and dark. I think after season three, it's time for the characters to move forward and become a bit more grounded, relying less on over-the-top "worst"-ness, and that's what happens here. Gretchen in a manic state smoking crack and refusing to go outside is still heightened and play for comedy, but it carries more weight than a lot of prior extremes the show's gone to.

- Lindsay and Edgar both having started steady jobs and grown up in the past three months while Gretchen and Jimmy hit bottom is an especially welcome development, especially for Lindsay, whose utter horribleness probably would've worn out its welcome if it escalated any further than it did in season three. She was such an amoral, braindead monster that I'm very happy that the writers figured out a way to make her more of a person while retaining Kether Donahue's charmingly ditzy performance.

- It's really beating a dead horse at this point, but Aya Cash is so, so great. Gretchen's drugged out mania is the sort of uncomfortable comedy I like to see, it's hard not to get a kick out of her beaming charisma and energy, but there's also a current of unease underneath because of how fucked up it is. And with Jimmy seeming ready to take responsibility for his actions at the end of the first half of the episode, it's an important reminder of just how horrible of a thing he did.

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Inhumans is getting absolutely flayed by critics. Sounds like one of the worst new shows of the season, let alone the worst thing Marvel Studios has churned out. 

I can't wait to discuss it in that thread I made that no one cares about but me.

Why is its some sort of requirement to have to like everything Marvel does ? They have plenty of characters I dont care about and have no interest in,

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

Why is its some sort of requirement to have to like everything Marvel does ? They have plenty of characters I dont care about and have no interest in,

You make that immensely clear at every potential opportunity. 

No it just feels like people expect and demand every Marvel product is of the highest quality and Im saying its not possible so who cares? A tv show with lame characters is bad. So what ? Cuz its Marvel people act all angry or something.

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

No it just feels like people expect and demand every Marvel product is of the highest quality and Im saying its not possible so who cares? A tv show with lame characters is bad. So what ? Cuz its Marvel people act all angry or something.

It does kinda seem like a big deal is being made about this sucking. I suppose because it was released in theaters people are comparing it to the movies which have a good track record but that comparison doesn't make sense because it's just an ABC show not tied to the movies so it sucking isn't really a big deal.

I bet Kevin Feige is thanking his lucky stars that he answers to Disney now and not Marvel and got to get the proper Inhumans movie canceled.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I bet Kevin Feige is thanking his lucky stars that he answers to Disney now and not Marvel and got to get the proper Inhumans movie canceled.

I mean, he could have made a really great Inhumans movie. It's not the property at fault for anything. I'm still holding out for the TV release to cast judgement, but if it sucks, I'm more apt to blame the showrunner.

10 hours ago, pen said:

I can't wait to discuss it in that thread I made that no one cares about but me.

If I may, I'm avoiding that thread because I haven't seen Defenders and may at some point try to catch up on three seasons of SHIELD I haven't watched yet (I also haven't seen all of Iron Fist but I don't really care about it being spoiled).

Basically you made a thread that's super super exclusive because there's a lot of required viewing to take care of to not get anything spoiled in there, so if people are avoiding your thread, it's probably because you made it too far-reaching in scope.

16 hours ago, pen said:

I made two giant back-to-back posts in there discussing Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders and got no response. :unsure:

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

If I may, I'm avoiding that thread because I haven't seen Defenders and may at some point try to catch up on three seasons of SHIELD I haven't watched yet (I also haven't seen all of Iron Fist but I don't really care about it being spoiled).

Basically you made a thread that's super super exclusive because there's a lot of required viewing to take care of to not get anything spoiled in there, so if people are avoiding your thread, it's probably because you made it too far-reaching in scope.

To be fair, I intended to still keep things behind spoiler tags and anything I've posted that's spoilery is behind tags. Mike is the only one who didn't use them.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I made two giant back-to-back posts in there discussing Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders and got no response. :unsure:

I've been meaning to post a giant thought balloon about Defenders but I haven't had time to finish writing it cause I've had other fish to fry.