EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,455 posts in this topic

- American Crime Story Katrina season getting revamped: So the show was originally going to be about the political side of Katrina with Dennis Quaid as George W. Bush but now it's going to focus on a hospital in New Orleans with Sarah Paulson playing a nurse there. Sarah Paulson is awesome and all but this new direction for the show sounds really boring.

- Arnold will play the human the T-800 is based on in Terminator 6: I'm happy with this. He's played a machine enough in these movies and it will be a nice change of pace to see him act a little more and play a real person. I'm not sure how they're going to explain how a 40-year-old looking terminator model is based on a 70-year-old but I have faith James Cameron will figure it out. So there are three way they could go about doing this movie...acknowledge everything that came before which would be impossible and would be suicide for this movie, a complete reboot which is still possible and seems like a good idea to me or acknowledge T1 and T2 only which I don't like cause I hate when movies take the lazy road and pick and choose what stuff from before they want to be canon. It seems like this movie is going with one of the latter two choices. Even though he's the most important character in the series, I hope they leave out John Connor. I feel like stuff involving him will just make the movie needlessly confusing.

Not a fan of everything needing to be explained how or why but I guess this makes sense thats the direction they would go in. Do I personally really need to know WHY the T-800 has Arnold's face ? No not really but they are gonna tell us anyway lol.

Allison Bennett (You're the Worst) has been tapped to run How I Met Your Father, calling into possibility that such an uninspired pitch could turn out a show much better than the one it's knocking off. 

Right, and it was already confirmed from the guy who plays Cyborg's father that he was too dark and they lighten him up in the reshoots. Who knows all of the other shit they changed. They let Zack Snyder direct and they changed his whole movie lol.

HBO hackers leak episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm season 9: I'll refrain from watching any of this but if the whole season leaks, I'll have no choice but to download it. I kinda hope it doesn't all leak. I was looking forward to the trailers coming out and the advertising for it and getting all hyped up for it and sitting there with my dad watching the first episode on premiere night. Stupid hackers gotta ruin all the fun.

12 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

More Wonder Woman scenes isnt going to make it watchable.

I'm sure the action is fantastic. It's everything else that Joss Whedon has to fix.

I hate to say this but the death of Zack Snyder's daughter is probably the best thing that happened to the Justice League movie.

The Georgie and Pennywise scene leaked online. Its on vimeo and YouTube. It cuts off after he tries to grab the boat back.

The main difference between the original scene I saw is in this one the kid asks him why he is in the sewer and then he answers him. When the kid tells him he shouldn't talk to strangers he gets a slightly different response compared to the original. Also in the original he says there's cotton candy and balloons down there and in this one they talk about peanuts, hotdogs, and popcorn. Overall it very similar to the scene in the original movie with only minor differences. Surprised it wasn't more different.

I'm curious to see how it ends, I'm assuming it will be different from he original because its rated R.

This looks good but unfortunately it's debuting on Google Play for this weird young generation that doesn't have TVs in their houses and would rather watch full movies and TV episodes on a 5-inch phone screen.

@Mike are you caught up with the first two episodes of Ray Donovan this season? Not sure how I feel about it so far, it kind of has me a bit discouraged. I am hoping that it's just off to a slow start.

1 hour ago, heldjc said:

@Mike are you caught up with the first two episodes of Ray Donovan this season? Not sure how I feel about it so far, it kind of has me a bit discouraged. I am hoping that it's just off to a slow start.

No it's going to be a while before I get to it. I think I started this show before season 2 so I've always been a year behind finishing the previous season shortly before the newer season starts. I probably won't get to the new season until later this year or next year so I'll catch you in 2018! Lol. I do recall being very bored with the first few episodes of last season but then it got really good as it went on so hopefully that happens this time.

Louis CK-directed I Love You, Daddy to premiere at TIFF: http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/15/louis-ck-i-love-you-daddy-movie/

Announced Tuesday as part of the prestigious fest’s ever-expanding lineup, I Love You, Daddy was filmed “entirely in secret,” per the Toronto International Film Festival, and stars C.K., Chloe Grace Moretz, John Malkovich, Helen Hunt, Rose Byrne, and C.K.’s frequent collaborator Pamela Aldon (Lucky Louie, Louie). C.K. shot the film in 35mm and in black and white.

Well this is going to be almost assuredly great. 

I guess there is this service called MoviePass where you can pay $30 a month (or $50 based on another article) to see up to one movie a day at the theater. Well the service is dropping to $10 a month. The website is down because of all the traffic but if this service is supported at my movie theater, I'll absolutely be signing up for it. This will probably save me around $200 a year. Basically after my 11th movie of the year (at $11.25 per ticket), everything I see is free for the rest of the year. This is amazing.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-15/netflix-co-founder-s-crazy-plan-pay-10-a-month-go-to-the-movies-all-you-want

On 8/14/2017 at 11:30 PM, Mike said:

No it's going to be a while before I get to it. I think I started this show before season 2 so I've always been a year behind finishing the previous season shortly before the newer season starts. I probably won't get to the new season until later this year or next year so I'll catch you in 2018! Lol. I do recall being very bored with the first few episodes of last season but then it got really good as it went on so hopefully that happens this time.

Hahah that's what I am hoping too!

So I started my Hulu trial last weekend and started Six that is on History. Nothing amazing story wise but I'm enjoying it. Some really good action scenes at times and Walter Goggins is amazing in it as always.  If you are looking for a pretty good navy seal show I recommend giving it a shot. 

On 8/15/2017 at 6:08 PM, Mike said:

I guess there is this service called MoviePass where you can pay $30 a month (or $50 based on another article) to see up to one movie a day at the theater. Well the service is dropping to $10 a month. The website is down because of all the traffic but if this service is supported at my movie theater, I'll absolutely be signing up for it. This will probably save me around $200 a year. Basically after my 11th movie of the year (at $11.25 per ticket), everything I see is free for the rest of the year. This is amazing.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-15/netflix-co-founder-s-crazy-plan-pay-10-a-month-go-to-the-movies-all-you-want

Wow.. how in the world can they make money from that haha. Might have to give it a shot.

1 hour ago, heldjc said:

how in the world can they make money from that haha.

AMC is bitching about it and trying to opt out. I have no clue why. Theaters make the majority of their money on concessions so they stand to benefit a lot from this. And MoviePass is paying for the tickets so the studios aren't losing anything and will likely be getting increased box office profits. I guess MoviePass is going to lose money at first and they hope to make money selling data or something like that. I've heard worries about privacy but that's no big deal for me. Facebook which everyone but me uses is the real concern for privacy and I'm happy to stay off the grid by not being on there or other social media sites. I don't care if data is sold that says "white male age 30 saw It on Monday morning."

One thing that is really annoying is that it appears to be impossible to find out if my local theater uses MoviePass. The section on their website that let's you check by entering your zip code doesn't work. I've done a search and they say to download the app to find out or go to customer chat. Obviously no one is going to jump through the unnecessary hoops of customer chat and the app doesn't reveal anything. It only allows you to sign in or register. I guess MoviePass doesn't want my money.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

One thing that is really annoying is that it appears to be impossible to find out if my local theater uses MoviePass. The section on their website that let's you check by entering your zip code doesn't work. I've done a search and they say to download the app to find out or go to customer chat. Obviously no one is going to jump through the unnecessary hoops of customer chat and the app doesn't reveal anything. It only allows you to sign in or register. I guess MoviePass doesn't want my money.

They say like 4000 theaters are covered, which, if my memory from my box office tracking days serves me correctly, I believe should be almost every major theater in the country. Only the very biggest releases usually made it into 4000 theaters. 

But they should probably get their shit together with the he server load they're getting so their website and app will work and people can just check. 

Just to be safe, I think I'm going to wait about a month before signing up. This service seems too good to be true and I want to wait to see how it all plays out before I give them my money. I've been paying for movie tickets my whole, I can manage for another month or two.