EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,148 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

Most anticipated movie from just this galaxy or are you also counting movies from galaxies far, far, away?

It's funny, I actually forgot about The Last Jedi for a moment when making those posts. But I guess even though I am excited for The Last Jedi, Blade Runner is a lot fresher in my mind since I've seen and heard more about it. Maybe as promo for The Last Jedi ramps up I'll anticipate it more.

But also it's kind of... Blade Runner hasn't had anything since the original. I'm really intrigued by what concept they felt was good enough to justify a sequel so late in the game, and good enough to entice Harrison Ford to come back.

I'm already expecting Last Jedi to be good but right now Blade Runner has more mystique to me, and that makes it more interesting.

Welcome to the two costume club, Tom.  This the first guy to play two different comic villains?

EDIT: Though I guess that presumes he plays a villain at all.  Could be an Agent Venom situation.

Schwarzenegger confirms he will be back in James Cameron-produced Terminator movie: Thank god for James Cameron to come along and save this franchise from death. The star is back and the creator is back so that's a very good start. I'm not sure if this is going to be a reboot or a direct sequel to T2 but if it's a sequel, every movie after T2 will likely be ignored. I also imagine they'll avoid bringing back any of the other cast members as Edward Furlong looks like a crack addict and Linda Hamilton looks like the Crypt Keeper.

Youre really excited about seeing a 70 yr old Terminator ? Youre also forgetting James Cameron hasnt done anything good in a long time. I'd say Arnold is also looking like the Crypt Keeper these days.

3 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

1. Youre really excited about seeing a 70 yr old Terminator ?
2. Youre also forgetting James Cameron hasnt done anything good in a long time.
3. I'd say Arnold is also looking like the Crypt Keeper these days.

1. He was fine in Genisys. 70-year-olds can still shoot shotguns.

2. He's not directing this. I imagine he'll be involved in the story and casting and he'll make sure it doesn't suck. Also, I liked Avatar and Titanic so his recent movies aren't a problem for me.

3. He looks great for his age. 

6 hours ago, Mike said:

1. He was fine in Genisys. 70-year-olds can still shoot shotguns.

2. He's not directing this. I imagine he'll be involved in the story and casting and he'll make sure it doesn't suck. Also, I liked Avatar and Titanic so his recent movies aren't a problem for me.

3. He looks great for his age. 

Did you see Aftermath, his movie that came out last month that noone saw ?

2 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Did you see Aftermath, his movie that came out last month that noone saw ?

Of course not. If no one saw it then that means that I didn't see it either. I was planning on buying it On Demand after it came out but never got around to it and because it never looked that great to begin with, I'm not in a rush to see it. I added it to my list of stuff to see. I'll get around to it one day.

I had no idea it was out. The guy who I said looks like you reviewed it and I was like shit, when did this come out ? His best bet is to do more movies from the old franchises like Terminator and Conan.

Btw, I was watching Jingle all the Way the other day and I forgot how funny it was. I didnt see it a ton back in the day.

Universal's monster movie universe is officially titled Dark Universe. In addition to upcoming The Mummy, the universe will see Johnny Depp as the Invisible Man and Javier Bardem will be Frankenstein's monster. The next movie in the universe is The Bride of Frankenstein coming in February 2019.

http://screenrant.com/johnny-depp-invisible-man-javier-bardem-frankenstein/

3 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

There's no guarantee The Mummy will be a huge hit. Could be a bomb and end the universe for all we know.

I saw the trailer for it again today and I didn't think it looked that good. I'll still probably see it because it's Tom Cruise and he has a pretty good track record but I don't think the movie looks that good.

I did see the new trailer for Planet of the Apes today and that looks fucking amazing.

I was just talking to a horror fan the other day who said he won't see it because he hates Tom Cruise. I suspect there are quite a few of those people out there. Plus these movies are PG-13 right? PG 13 action- horror is a tough sell.

Wow. That's horrible. Even more horrible is that there are probably geeks who are celebrating this online because their little movie might be improved. 

I mean I can't imagine Whedon will be able to have anything more than a marginal effect on a film that's already in post-production.

Still I don't think it's bad to be a little enticed by the prospect of Whedon working on the movie a little bit, it just obviously sucks that it happened under these circumstances.

Whedon is handling post work, and shooting some minor re-shoots/scense Zack had him write. Nothing is changing, really, except Whedon is doing post work now.

Sucks to hear about Snyder's daughter.