EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,640 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pen said:

From what some articles are saying, no, which strikes me as a really fucking dumb decision.

It's dumb for Sony to go outside of the MCU with their own crap. It's not dumb at all for Marvel who likely don't want to be associated with some junk that they didn't make on their own.

This is a real mess. Sony will say this Venom movie takes place in the same universe as the Spider-Man movies but Marvel won't acknowledge it's existence. And this all pretty much guarantees that Venom will never appear in the MCU. I imagine the Marvel big wigs like Kevin Feige are pissed about this.

SyFy has announced that 12 Monkeys will return for season 3 and end with season 4. Normally I wouldn't be posting this news. Season 1 was pretty good but not good enough to keep me watching for season 2. Reviews for the second season were good but FX just keeps me so damn busy and the bar is raised so high because there is so much good TV out there that I only watch stuff that really impresses me. Anyways, the reason I posted this news is because Syfy is doing something really interesting with season 3. They will basically be bringing Netflix-like binge-watching to regular TV by airing the entire third season in one weekend. The first four episodes will air on a Friday with three episodes each on Saturday and Sunday. So they're putting less of an emphasis on live ratings and more of an emphasis on DVR ratings and on demand viewing.

I really hope this is a success as I'd love other shows and channels to try this. I've never binge-watched a show before as forcing yourself to watch something for 12 hours in one day seems horrible, but I do love being able to watch a whole season at my own pace and watch 13 episodes over two or three weeks and it'd be cool if someplace other than Netflix tried it. Favorites of mine usually get watched week-to-week after the new episode aired but sometimes I like to wait and just leave a showon my DVR until the whole season is done and then start watching it.

Alien: Covenant sequel is actually a prequel titled Awakening: I think this makes a lot of sense. Elizabeth Shaw's dog tags are seen in the trailer for Covenant and she is rumored to appear briefly in this movie so a prequel to Covenant which is more a sequel to Prometheus explaining what happened to her would be cool. Plus that highly intriguing line from the end of the last movie where she says "I want to go where they came from" needs to be addressed. Ridley Scott also says that if these two movies are successful then he plans on releasing one more trilogy of movies to lead up into the first Alien. I'm very happy with this. The hell with Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5. I want Ridley Scott to keep making these movies for as long as he is able to.

I'd be happy with Alien just sitting on the shelf for a bit until someone with the right vision comes along to bring it back to life. I don't know if Neil Blomkamp is that person (after an excellent debut, his subsequent efforts have yielded diminishing returns) but Ridley Scott has had too long a streak of duds for me to get excited about more from him. Alien deserves better than really great looking movies that are otherwise just alright.

You know who I'd like to see take a crack at Alien? Jeremy Saulnier. That'd be fucking amazing.

1 hour ago, Ruiner said:

Alien deserves better than really great looking movies that are otherwise just alright.

I think this is really unfair as the only other Alien movie we've seen so far from Ridley besides his classic is Prometheus, which I think was an interesting enough prequel to the series and raised a lot of interesting questions that I'm looking forward to being answered in the future iterations.

1 minute ago, pen said:

I think this is really unfair as the only other Alien movie we've seen so far from Ridley besides his classic is Prometheus, which I think was an interesting enough prequel to the series and raised a lot of interesting questions that I'm looking forward to being answered in the future iterations.

I'm not sure how unfair it is when it's been like ten olus years since his last great movie, and a lot of the ones since have been mediocre or outright bad. I'm not saying he can't make another great Alien movie, just that I'm not too confident that he can, where there are other filmmakers in the scene today who I think undoubtedly could. 

2 hours ago, Ruiner said:

I'm not sure how unfair it is when it's been like ten olus years since his last great movie

I haven't seen The Martian, but that seems to have gotten a lot of good reviews...

Good news on the Matrix front as the new movie will NOT be a highly unnecessary remake and it will instead take place in the same universe as the previous movies. I really liked The Animatrix and this franchise is a treasure trove of potential good stories to tell just like that was. I heard that Michael B. Jordan is being eyed for a Morpheus prequel which sounds awesome and a writers room is indeed in the works to map out this universe. What an exciting time to be a Matrix fan. This is also an exciting time to be a sci-fi fan. It's seems like a few years the only sci-fi out there was superhero movies. It's nice to see more non-superhero sci-fi stuff lately.

May be the benefit of going in with low expectations, but Iron Fist isn't as bad as I thought it would be. After watching Luke Cage (I thought it was terrible), this was actually decent. Not close to the quality of DD Season 1 though. 

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

May be the benefit of going in with low expectations, but Iron Fist isn't as bad as I thought it would be. After watching Luke Cage (I thought it was terrible), this was actually decent. Not close to the quality of DD Season 1 though. 

I made a thread for posts like this... :(

Without Superman, Green Lantern, or Martian Manhunter it seems that something is missing and empty when I watched it. Sorry but thats how I felt. Even if you dont like those characters you have to admit they are sorely needed.

I dont see how seeing Flash is a big deal since you can see him on a weekly tv show and Quicksilver who is similar was in 3 X-Men movies! Makes seeing Flash less special IMO.

Still dont like Cyborg, CGI suit, sorry.

No money shots of the villain unless I completely missed it.

Other than those complaints it looked ok. Nothing mind blowing or no WOW moments. No Lex Luthor was the best part because the guy who plays him doesnt fit the character.

Also way too much Aquaman, a character lots of people think is lame and stupid. I see they tried to make him a "badass" to remedy that but its not like it will work ya, know ?

Come on @MikeI know you think Superman is lame but you really think Aquaman or Cyborg is that much better, man ? Jason Mamamia isnt even that good an actor.

The inner 7 year old in me is extremely happy right now.  Just got back from Power Rangers and all the little references they put in from the original TV show were wonderful!

15 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

The inner 7 year old in me is extremely happy right now.  Just got back from Power Rangers and all the little references they put in from the original TV show were wonderful!

Good movie?

54 minutes ago, heldjc said:

Good movie?

I thought it was.  But then again I usually like things that other people on here tend to dislike.

22 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

I thought it was.  But then again I usually like things that other people on here tend to dislike.

I agree, the movie was actually really awesome. Loved the nods to the show from when I was a kid.