EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,638 posts in this topic

Tim Burton's Superman costume (http://tinyurl.com/2cwp6bd)

That is absolutely fantastic. It looks alien which is something Superman has never felt. I'm not the worlds biggest Tim Burton fan, but it would have been interesting to see what he would have done with the character. Although Nicolas Cage was supposed to play Superman so I guess we should be thankful the movie never got made.

Mike
:

Tim Burton's Superman costume (
)

That is absolutely fantastic. It looks alien which is something Superman has never felt. I'm not the worlds biggest Tim Burton fan, but it would have been interesting to see what he would have done with the character. Although Nicolas Cage was supposed to play Superman so I guess we should be thankful the movie never got made.

Kevin Smith's telling of how that movie was almost made cracks me up every time. Just absurd.

Tim Burton needs to stick with what he is good at. Anyone remember Planet of the Apes remake? No? Well, I wish i could forget it to.

Drag Me to Hell
Trick R Treat
The Descent
The Mist
The Crazies
Paranormal Activity
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Texas Chainsaw Masacre
The Ring
Dawn of the Dead
The Strangers
My Bloody Valentine 3D

Some of the good horrors from this decade.
Orphan blew ass.

Oh, and I agree about crazy religious bitch in The Mist. "Kill the whore!" MOTHERF--KING BITCH SHUT THE HELL UP!

I am really glad that she was shot rather than eaten. Though it would have been better had she been killed when one of the monsters had the chance.

Ending was epic, though.

Matt
[^]
:

Tim Burton needs to stick with what he is good at. Anyone remember Planet of the Apes remake? No? Well, I wish i could forget it to.

I actually liked that movie.

Box office results - http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2967

Yeah you can go ahead and leave now Saw, 92% of the people saw it in 3D and it still barely beat Paranormal Activity with no retarded 3D and in its second week. The new horror movie king has officially taken over.

Also, I'm really suprised that 92% of people saw it in 3D. Looks like this Wednesday I'll be part of the smart 8%.

Mike
:

Box office results -

Yeah you can go ahead and leave now Saw, 92% of the people saw it in 3D and it still barely beat Paranormal Activity with no retarded 3D and in its second week. The new horror movie king has officially taken over.

Also, I'm really suprised that 92% of people saw it in 3D. Looks like this Wednesday I'll be part of the smart 8%.

The whole point of the movie is the 3d, it wasn't converted it was filmed to take full advantage of the process. I can't think of any other reason to see it really, series has been running on fumes since the 3rd.

Hunter
:

The whole point of the movie is the 3d, it wasn't converted it was filmed to take full advantage of the process. I can't think of any other reason to see it really, series has been running on fumes since the 3rd.

Who cares if it was filmed in 3D or not? It's still a pointless gimmick that adds nothing to the movie except increased box office.

Mike
:

Who cares if it was filmed in 3D or not? It's still a pointless gimmick that adds nothing to the movie except increased box office.

So I'm assuming you watched Avatar in 2d because 3-d is useless? I agree not everything needs 3d but in the hands of someone who knows what their doing it can add quite a bit to a movie.

Hunter
:

So I'm assuming you watched Avatar in 2d because 3-d is useless? I agree not everything needs 3d but in the hands of someone who knows what their doing it can add quite a bit to a movie.

I saw Avatar twice, the first time in 3D, the second in good ole fashioned 2D. The only other movie I've seen in 3D was Resident Evil which I only saw in 3D cause my friend wanted to. While I'll admit the 3D was well done on both movies, I still look at it as a gimmick that will fade in time.

Mike
:

Undercovers canceled -

This isn't surprising at all. The show looked just awful and the only thing it had going for it was J.J. Abrams' name plastered all over it.

Yeah, about the only bad decision ever made by J.J. Abrams.