EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,655 posts in this topic

Andrew
:

If you ask me it does. At least in the case of a sequel, which is gonna draw people regardless. From a marketing standpoint, I guess I can see the gripe with a bad title, but not with a sequel. Anyone who liked The Dark Knight will see the new movie even if it's called Batman s Up Gotham and Goes To The Carnival Afterward.

I'm not saying titles have to be simple, but if you can't create a good title, then just leave it simple. I just don't understand the fact of having "I", "II", "III", and then having a ridiculous title like "Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocol". I can understand if they wanted people to call it only "Ghost Protocol", but obviously everyone will be calling this movie "Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocol".

I have other reasons as to why I don't like "The Dark Knight Rises", and it has nothing to do with creativity, it has to with the fact that "The Dark Knight" is the biggest comic book movie to be made thus far, and I think the next Batman should in some way stand on its own. Heck, I even would have preferred just something simple as "The Batman", or something along those lines, but I am just throwing something out there.

Matt
[^]
:

I'm not saying titles have to be simple, but if you can't create a good title, then just leave it simple. I just don't understand the fact of having "I", "II", "III", and then having a ridiculous title like "Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocol". I can understand if they wanted people to call it only "Ghost Protocol", but obviously everyone will be calling this movie "Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocol".

I think of it like books in a series, but even James Bond films need the Bond music and "Bond, James Bond" for people to identify it as a Bond film.

pen
:

I think of it like books in a series, but even James Bond films need the Bond music and "Bond, James Bond" for people to identify it as a Bond film.

Well, I think it is a bit easier to tell a Bond film than it would be for Mission:Impossible, though, Mission:Impossible also has a classic musical score.

Andrew
:

Likely because there are not many good horror movies.

That's true, the last horror movie I remember enjoying would be "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". The only reason I liked it a lot is due to them allowing you to make your own conclusion.

Dawn of the Dead, Drag Me To Hell, and Saw are some of the only good horror movies I've seen in the last decade, with a few thrillers sprinkled in too like Red Eye and 28 Days Later.

Andrew
:

Dawn of the Dead, Drag Me To Hell, and Saw are some of the only good horror movies I've seen in the last decade, with a few thrillers sprinkled in too like Red Eye and 28 Days Later.

DMTH....HA

Matt
[^]
:

I can't forget The Mist either.

Oh yeah, The Mist was pretty good. No surprise considering the source material and director.

J4ESTER
[^]
:

DMTH....HA

I think we've established that DMTH is pretty love/hate, let's not resume beating that dead horse, eh?

Matt
:

I can't forget The Mist either.

I probably could have enjoyed it more, but I really could not stand that friggin religious fanatic woman. I really wanted someone to punch her repeatedly in the face.

Veritas
:

I probably could have enjoyed it more, but I really could not stand that friggin religious fanatic woman. I really wanted someone to punch her repeatedly in the face.

Instead, she got her brain blown out, even better.

Matt
:

Instead, she got her brain blown out, even better.

Really not though. I had to suffer her annoying rants for an hour and a half. The least she could have done is be in excruciating pain for a few minutes.