EchoX860

Got (Movie/TV) News

14,451 posts in this topic

A lot of people think Hardy is playing Croc. I'd like to see that.

I don't see what's wrong with the title. A couple of the best Batman tales have had names like that (The Dark Knight Returns, The Dark Knight Strikes Again) and it's not like there are that many other names in the grabbag. They need some name to link it with Batman.

It just seems unlikely that Croc would be the lead villain for this movie. But then again, Ra's ah Ghul was the lead villain in Batman Begins.

Juggernaut 573
[^]
:

It just seems unlikely that Croc would be the lead villain for this movie. But then again, Ra's ah Ghul was the lead villain in Batman Begins.

Ra's makes sense as a lead villain though. I don't think Croc is going to be the lead villain either. That's why I think there will be another.

pen
:

Ra's makes sense as a lead villain though. I don't think Croc is going to be the lead villain either. That's why I think there will be another.

So that's Croc, Talia (according to me) and some other lead? That's a tall order, but doable I suppose. I just wish I could figure out who it would be...

Please, for the love of God, don't let it be titled "The Dark Knight Rises" when it is released.

Matt
[^]
:

...and "The Dark Knight Rises" isn't?

It's simple, I'll say that, but there's a track record for this sort of thing. The Caped Crusader sounds too Zorro though, and that doesn't jibe with Nolan's take on things. You have to have a link to the Batman name somehow.

wired.illusion
[^]
:

I quite enjoyed Avatar, but I can't say I want another one. I was pleased enough with the first movie.

They gotta milk that blue cow though. I have confidence that Cameron won't steer anyone wrong.

pen
:

It's simple, I'll say that, but there's a track record for this sort of thing. The Caped Crusader sounds too Zorro though, and that doesn't jibe with Nolan's take on things. You have to have a link to the Batman name somehow.

I think it's a good title, but anything is better than "The Dark Knight Rises". The title just comes off as laughable, and I'm sure Nolan will eventually change it.

pen
:

A lot of people think Hardy is playing Croc. I'd like to see that.

I don't know if you saw the update on the screenrant article, but it looks like it won't be Croc either.

"UPDATE: We may be able to clear up those Killer Croc rumors, at least, as our friends over at Think McFly are reporting that The Dark Knight Rises is in fact going to be shooting in New Orleans, the same location where DC/WB had such success shooting the upcoming Green Lantern movie.

Think McFly has clarified that Nolan and Co. will be shooting only interior set pieces at the New Orleans location, with the city of Chicago still serving as the exterior representation of Gotham City. These Killer Croc rumors rose primarily out of the assertion that Batman 3 would be using the city’s Bayou locale as the basis for the Croc story; since we now know that we won’t be seeing Batman combing the swamplands, having Killer Croc as the featured villain seems even more unlikely than it initially did."