Got (Wrestling) News

16,006 posts in this topic

Mike
:

Every fantasy sports team I've ever had has been named nWo.

Good choice. If NWO came back into WWE I would watch in a heartbeat. And keep the oldschool stuff permanent....Especially JR

Mike
:

Wow thanks for that. I turned it on just in time to see the last 2 minutes of the match. Good ending.

Who was that tool with Miz?

Alex Riley, from NXT who was mentored by the Miz

EchoX860
:

Miz is Cashing in on Orton right now!

+25 eRep for that reminder.

I love seeing world title changes on free TV. Not injury title changes where they have to get the belt off the champ, but legit title changes like tonight are just so rare to see on TV.

I am actually gonna watch Raw next week with the King of the Ring on. Why KOTR doesn't get its own PPV makes no sense to me, but I'll probably tune in, I love the KOTR (dating back to the one of the greatest wrestling moments of my life seeing Angle win it in 2000 in person at one of my favorite PPVs ever). Hopefully they don't ruin it like in 2008 when those jackasses Great Khali and Hornswoggle were in it.

Mike
:

I am actually gonna watch Raw next week with the King of the Ring on. Why KOTR doesn't get its own PPV makes no sense to me, but I'll probably tune in, I love the KOTR (dating back to the one of the greatest wrestling moments of my life seeing Angle win it in 2000 in person at one of my favorite PPVs ever). Hopefully they don't ruin it like in 2008 when those jackasses Great Khali and Hornswoggle were in it.

Considering Triple H's return is rumored to be imminent I'm guessing he will either be in the KOTR or revealed to be the GM, but RAW should be good next week

This was a ing incredible Raw. Cena's "fired" promo and Miz's cash in are some of the best moments of the year. Holy ing wow.

Also, I love The Miz, and I'm very happy for him. You can tell he's one of the guys who genuinely loves this business and he was tearing up holding that belt. Kudos to him man, he's earned it.

Not to sound like a know it all but that went pretty much they way i expected it to.

their you go nix, "your bigger picture". It was pretty much about the miz "all a long" & Taking john cena spot as "face of the company". they were never gonna let wade barrett win least not yet. They need nexus to set up the "take over" & "Drive out" John cena, So Miz could slip in & take his place. Which he did.

think about it did the miz ever really get involved against the nexus, Did the Nexus ever attack the miz?.

guess we'll find out how this plays out next week but nothing surprised me so far....

Mayvixâ„¢
[^]
:

Not to sound like a know it all but that went pretty much they way i expected it to.

their you go nix, "your bigger picture". It was pretty much about the miz "all a long" & Taking john cena spot as "face of the company". they were never gonna let wade barrett win least not yet. They need nexus to set up the "take over" & "Drive out" John cena, So Miz could slip in & take his place. Which he did.

think about it did the miz ever really get involved against the nexus, Did the Nexus ever attack the miz?.

guess we'll find out how this plays out next week but nothing surprised me so far....

its awesome that you read dirt sheets too, but you're not making these predictions on your own as far as the miz maybe eventually having something to do with Nexus

as far as making the miz the "face" of the company, thats plain stupid to put it that way considering Orton's star power is starting to rival that of Cena's. and especially considering the miz is a top heel of the company right now

Miz, face? He just came out and stole the top face's title after he was already injured. That's not something a face does or someone who's ready for a face turn does.

Heels aren't faces of companies. That's just silly. The only way a heel can be the face of the company is if everyone loves him. In which case they aren't very good heels.

The closest to heel supremacy I can remember is Triple H in 2003. The Miz clearly isn't getting that kind of push.

:

Heels aren't faces of companies. That's just silly. The only way a heel can be the face of the company is if everyone loves him. In which case they aren't very good heels.

The closest to heel supremacy I can remember is Triple H in 2003. The Miz clearly isn't getting that kind of push.

Heel Hogan in WCW.

Heel Rock

Heel Austin

Heel HHH

Heel Rock and Heel Austin weren't the faces of the company while they were heels. HBK and face Austin were face when Rock was a heel in the 90s, and it was between HHH, Goldberg, and Lesnar in 2003. Face Rock took over when Austin went heel in 2001.

HHH is the only who could be argued as the face of the company in his time as a heel, and he had had several years in the company, a match record that read like a who's who list of wrestlers, several previous wolrd title runs, famous feuds with HBK, Taker, Stone Cold, and The Rock, had participated in some defining WWE moments, won the Royal Rumble, the heads of the company as in-laws, and he was the head of a faction that had Ric Flair, two young guys who went on to win several world titles each, and dominated the roster when he reached that status.

The Miz is obviously not becoming the face of the company any time soon.

Nixon
:

its awesome that you read dirt sheets too, but you're not making these predictions on your own as far as the miz maybe eventually having something to do with Nexus

as far as making the miz the "face" of the company, thats plain stupid to put it that way considering Orton's star power is starting to rival that of Cena's. and especially considering the miz is a top heel of the company right now

I do not read the dirt sheet? i don't now anything about it. I've heard you mention it before but that it. Nor do i read any other message board on the matter. I watch the show & that's pretty much it. So I'm bound to get somethings wrong if it's covered in areas i didn't & don't explore.

By miz taking cena place i mean "becoming Cena" if you will. As in loved & hated seeming equally. put on the cover of magazine, the new video game, etc. & now the WWE champion etc.

"making predictions on your own" part.

yeah I pretty much am only back but what i see & pick up on during the show.

I don't know your level of knowledge of wrestling in general.

Not talking about stats, wrestlers, storylines, history etc. i mean the "inner working" more or less. The backstage planning, in ring planning , Nor will i say i am an expert at what little knowledge I have picked up on through years of watching & studying aswell as talking to people "on the inside" if you will etc.

suffice to say I've kinda ruined the true experience for myself. and watch it know as "research" if you will. WWE use to make it fun to watch not that it isn't anymore but it's not what it use to be lately.

I didn't say they couldn't, I just said it isn't common, and there is not a shot in hell that The Miz is the successor to Cena at anything. If anything, I'd say he's the new Edge. Who was never the face of the company.