Got (Wrestling) News

15,515 posts in this topic

...so uh, is Strowman a face no? Or was Enzo was still a face and he is just a huge douche?

either way I need a 15 minute Strowman vs Enzo street fight please 

15 hours ago, Andrew said:

1. I'd take this over the overlong boring shitbrawls he has in his first two Triple H matches too.
2. Hogan's "CLASSIC" at Mania X8?  That's a crowd-made classic.  It was an average match with a hot fucking crowd.
3. this is the best Rock/Austin match bar none, in my opinion.
4. Only Wrestlemanias 17 (overrated but still a good show), 21, and 30 are in the same atmosphere as this one.

1. I liked the first Triple H match years ago but watching again a few years back it was so boring. I hate when wrestlers brawl in the crowd. And that second match is awful. Post-Taker/HBK hype is the only reason why people like that match. One of the most overrated matches ever, in my opinion.

2. Sure it wasn't a great technical match but it's still a classic. It's "WrestleMania Moment" personified. The most memorable match I've ever seen. It's probably a 6/10 quality match and it's likely my favorite match ever.

3. I saw their first WM match for the first time a few years ago and was blown away. It was amazing. Definitely my favorite of their matches. Their feud at WM17 is my second favorite wrestling rivalry ever (only behind HBK/Y2J in 2008). It was more special to me because it was Rock and Austin right in their prime doing battle during what I feel is the final night of the Attitude Era at WM17.

4. I agree that WM17 is a little overrated. The two world title matches didn't deliver but I probably still consider 21 to be my favorite Mania.

Just finished up Raw. Enzo is definitely the heel as he talked bad about the crowd at one point. But the weird thing is they still cheered him. I think Enzo has the potential to be a good heel but unfortunately there isn't anyone else over to be the top face in the division. I was happy Neville apparently graduated from the cruiserweight division but I think he wrestled on 205 Live so I guess he isn't done there yet. 

Also, I really liked the Alexa/Mickie segment. Solid promo segment without Sasha and Bayley there to drag it down. 

One thing I don't like is this completely forced and unnecessary Shield reunion that is only being done because Brock isn't there to main event the next PPV. The Shield beat Triple H, Orton and Batista twice and we're supposed to believe that Miz, Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel are a serious threat to them. Lame. 

Might be prisoner of the moment but that tag team title match is one of the best hell in a cell matches in a long long time. What a fucking match!

I wasn't planning on watching the tag match but I'll give it a watch now that you gave it rave reviews.

The main event was pretty good but it went on for too long. If they could've crammed all that in and cut out 15 minutes to make the match 24 minutes instead of 39, I think I would've enjoyed it more. I also wish Shane didn't jump off the cage again. I feel like every additional time he goes off the cage it makes what he and Mick did previously less special. I really liked the fighting at the top for so long. That was awesome. Even though you knew they must've reinforced the fuck out of the roof, it was still tense because you never knew if a bump would lead to someone falling through. And I'm happy with the Zayn heel turn as anything new for him is an improvement right now.

I also watched the Roode/Ziggler match because when I turned the PPV on to see the main event that match was about to start so I just stuck with it. Very average match. Roode should be a heel.

Apparently Neville quit WWE last night and walked out. 

This is surprising. He'd done great work as cruiserweight champ and it appeared that he graduated from that division and was moving onto bigger things.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I'm guessing Mike's dead from excitement.

While I'm disappointed it's happening in an eight-man TLC match, I'm still insanely excited to see him wrestling in WWE again. I didn't post cause this thread is dead so I figured no one would respond. 

And after AJ and Finn have been wasting away with weak opponents for the past few months, I'm expecting them to put on a show out there. 

8 hours ago, Omar said:

Storyline-wise have they made any sense to these replacements or are they just going with this guys give us the best card so who cares?

Lol what kind of storyline you expect, man?

9 minutes ago, Nixon said:

Lol what kind of storyline you expect, man?

I meant that as, are they doing anything in kayfabe to explain why Angle is gonna fight and why they got Styles to fight Balor instead of a Raw guy, or are they just saying these are the best matches we can put on and ignoring kayfabe.