Got (Wrestling) News

15,483 posts in this topic

I don't know if any of you have been following this GFW stuff but Jarrett is taking a leave of absence and someone from Sports Illustrated is reporting that Anthem is looking to sell the company. I'd love for WWE to step in and buy it. I want classic TNA on WWE Network.

Also, I don't know if any of you saw but Shane forgot his lines on SD for about 20 seconds and finally the crowd broke up this painfully awkward moment by cheering his name. That was tough to watch. Shane used to be pretty good on the mic from what I remember (although never as good as Vince or Stephanie) but since he's returned he's never gotten those mic skills back. He's always beat red, sweating and nervous-looking whenever he has to talk. You listen to him just knowing he's going to mess up.

A DEFY show I got tickets for just announced the main event as a title match between Shane Strickland and none other than Matt Riddle. That's money well spent. 

I went to my first ever “Live Event” tonight. I normally don’t ever consider going to a non-televised live show but since this one was on the weekend I said fuck it why not. Very very pleasantly surprised, I’d say this show beats what I’d say on a televised Raw 9 times out of 10. All the stars came out, including Cena who I was surprised still does live events, and they all give a lot of effort on their matches. And it’s actually fun seeing them play to the crowd instead of a camera, it’s the only place where you can obviously tell who is a face and who is a heel. 

6 hours ago, Omar said:

I went to my first ever “Live Event” tonight. I normally don’t ever consider going to a non-televised live show but since this one was on the weekend I said fuck it why not. Very very pleasantly surprised, I’d say this show beats what I’d say on a televised Raw 9 times out of 10. All the stars came out, including Cena who I was surprised still does live events, and they all give a lot of effort on their matches. And it’s actually fun seeing them play to the crowd instead of a camera, it’s the only place where you can obviously tell who is a face and who is a heel. 

Yeah the wrestling usually isn't particularly strong (unless it's an NXT show, presumably because there are way less of them) but it's almost always a fun show if it's in a good market. I'm pretty sure a lot of wrestlers have said that they prefer house shows to TV. 

13 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Yeah the wrestling usually isn't particularly strong (unless it's an NXT show, presumably because there are way less of them) but it's almost always a fun show if it's in a good market. I'm pretty sure a lot of wrestlers have said that they prefer house shows to TV. 

That’s the term I was looking for! House show. For some reason I was blanking on it so I kept calling it a “live event”.