Got (Wrestling) News

15,933 posts in this topic

This title change made perfect sense, assuming that the rematch isn't happening at SummerSlam. The card is packed and one less match is a good thing.

And while I like Neville and want Big Show to retire, having Show lose to him would be ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

This title change made perfect sense, assuming that the rematch isn't happening at SummerSlam. The card is packed and one less match is a good thing.

And while I like Neville and want Big Show to retire, having Show lose to him would be ridiculous. 

Why? They did something similar with Benoit. 

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Benoit was never in the cruiserweight division. 

And? If the idea is to make a guy a credible threat outside of the cruiserweight division, having him beat a superheavyweight is exactly the way to shake that stigma. 

31 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

The moral of the story here is don't pick Twitter fights with Big Dave. 

He has Twitter fights with everyone. He's so sensitive. He's like the WWE version of David Price.

The one thing I didn't like about the ending was that the finish was obvious because Corbin was constantly shifting his eyes to the right so you knew Cena was going to interfere right when the bell rang. Even Baron Corbin's eyes suck.

So it looks like the Takeover main event is getting Strong added after all. What bizarre booking this whole thing has had, if that's really the case and there's not going to be some kind of swerve. I wonder if Asuka and Ember Moon are going to main event?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Asuka has a broken collarbone and will be out for 6-8 weeks.

For a main roster talent this would be a killer but considering it's NXT, this won't change a thing.  She'll be ready to go for the next Takeover.

That Cena, Reigns, Joe and Miz segment was really crappy. The first segment between Cena and Reigns needed to be a lot better than that. And Joe looks weak being a tag team partner to Miz.

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Looks like Big Cass might be on his way to the DL too.

That seemed fake to me. Probably just a way to milk these two into another match at the next PPV and this was the only way they could give Enzo a win.

How do you people feel about #BeachBallGate? I'm okay with it. I'm sure the fans bringing in the beach balls are breaking the rules so that's an issue but I have no problem whatsoever with fans keeping themselves busy during stuff on the show they don't care about. I don't want to hear nonsense about it being disrespectful to the wrestlers. The fans paid their hard-earned money to attend and if they want to use their phones or turn their damn backs to the stuff in the ring it's their right to do so.

I mean it's perfectly legal but it's still stupid and annoying. You said it yourself, they paid for a ticket and attended the event, what's the point if you're going to ignore the show? It's the same deal when anyone is performing, be it at a concert or a play or whatever, it's bad etiquette to disrespect the person doing something as terrifying as getting up on a stage and performing. 

But it's also easily preventable by WWE if they made people care about their show. You'll notice that at the NXT show in the same city one night before, there were no beach balls. 

I've also been thinking that this idea of running shows with declining quality multiple nights in a row in the same arena is no good. How do you expect the crowd to be totally into your crappy wrestling PPV when they already saw a great one the night before? And then how do you expect them to be into a crappy Raw the night after a PPV? 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't want to hear nonsense about it being disrespectful to the wrestlers. The fans paid their hard-earned money to attend and if they want to use their phones or turn their damn backs to the stuff in the ring it's their right to do so.

It is their right but it's still disrespectful.

22 hours ago, Mike said:

That seemed fake to me. Probably just a way to milk these two into another match at the next PPV and this was the only way they could give Enzo a win.

Like I suspected it's just a storyline. They're thinking long-term as they'll be building up this storyline for the next NINE MONTHS.

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

It is their right but it's still disrespectful.

It's disrespectful but it's no more disrespectful than them chanting for CM Punk or for the announcers or any other number of chants that has nothing to do with the action in the ring.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's disrespectful but it's no more disrespectful than them chanting for CM Punk or for the announcers or any other number of chants that has nothing to do with the action in the ring.

Well all those things are also disrespectful. It's been overlooked in instances where the intention was obviously to be deliberately disrespectful to someone like Stephanie or Hunter, but outside of very select circumstances, those things are also very annoying and rightfully frowned upon. 

Forget beach balls, the absolute #1 thing that annoys me about smarks is the constant disruption of hall-of-fame speeches with overly-long cheering, chants and yelling. I'd love for WWE to bite the bullet and lose some money on ticket sales but prevent fans from attending the HOF. Just allow wrestlers and their families.