Got (Wrestling) News

15,305 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I can't believe you still think Reigns is a guy that needs carried.

I just haven't been impressed with him at all since he's been a singles wrestler. And I wasn't someone who was on the Reigns hating bandwagon all this time. I supported him for years after the Shield broke up and every time I was looking forward to a match of his, be it against Bryan, Triple H, Lesnar, whoever, the match underwhelmed. I was at TLC when him and Sheamus main evented and the match was terrible. My favorite singles match from Reigns was probably that next night on Raw when he won the title from Sheamus. That was a really good match and is the only singles match of his off the top of my head that I really enjoyed.

I do believe that he should cheat to beat Undertaker and turn heel in the main event of WM and get a big heel push after that but I'm still not a fan of his in the ring. Maybe I will be someday. I couldn't stand John Cena's matches for the first six years when he was a main eventer and ever since the Punk match, he's been one of my favorites to watch in the ring.

A few thoughts...

- What the hell is up with Harper? He was doing great on his own, seemed like a perfect natural fit to be in the WWE title match with Wyatt and Orton and then he loses with his foot under the rope to AJ and hasn't been seen since. Maybe he's hurt?

- I have no interest whatsoever in seeing Kurt Angle as the GM of Raw, getting verbally buried by Stephanie on a weekly basis. The only person who comes out of promos with Stephanie McMahon looking good is Stephanie McMahon. And I have no doubt in my mind that Kurt Angle could still run circles around most of the roster in the ring so I'd prefer him back only for about three or four big matches a year. As GM, it would be just like Shane as commish. He'd come back and get massive pops for a few months and then his appearances would be no big deal anymore. I want Angle's appearances to feel special. I don't want him to be just another roster member.

- I'm not totally against this AJ/Shane match anymore because it's being presented as the featured match for the SD brand, probably a little more than the Cena match. They can hype up the WWE title match as the WM main event just because Orton is the Rumble winner but there's no shot of that match and that preposterous storyline main eventing. It still sucks that AJ isn't in there with a wrestler (as Cory Graves mentioned on Bring It To The Table) but at least his match is being promoted like a big deal. Now I just hope they have AJ win. The loser of this match will have lost two straight WM matches and the loser of this match can't be AJ.

Two thoughts from Smackdown:

1. I kind of liked the Orton burning the house down angle in spite of how goofy it was, but that Wyatt promo absolutely sucked. What is it with WWE randomly cramming the devil and hell into shit all the time? Wyatt being completely unhinged after losing everything was a kind of intriguing story, Wyatt shrugging it off and declaring himself the devil or whatever is the same boring shit as every other crappy Wyatt feud. 

2. While it was mostly executed well and Daniel Bryan was excellent, it truly hit me how stupid this Shane/AJ match is and how little I want to see it. I had kind of made peace with the whole thing and understood that WWE views a Shane McMahon match as more of a marquee match for AJ than a world title match, but man, seeing it play out on screen, it was like being slapped across the face. AJ should be wrestling the Undertaker or Cena or even Wyatt for the title, not this crap. 

Just now, Mike said:

Fuck no. Are you nuts? I thought you were a fan of AJ?

Yeah, they'd probably have a great match. It'd be a weird fucking Wrestlemania match, but it would still be way better than this Shane crap.

Then again after a good several months of solid work, this company has proven their ineptitude to write a decent Wyatt story beyond a reasonable doubt, so maybe it wouldn't be better (even if the match itself would be way better).

15 hours ago, Ruiner said:

Two thoughts from Smackdown:

1. I kind of liked the Orton burning the house down angle in spite of how goofy it was, but that Wyatt promo absolutely sucked. What is it with WWE randomly cramming the devil and hell into shit all the time? Wyatt being completely unhinged after losing everything was a kind of intriguing story, Wyatt shrugging it off and declaring himself the devil or whatever is the same boring shit as every other crappy Wyatt feud. 

2. While it was mostly executed well and Daniel Bryan was excellent, it truly hit me how stupid this Shane/AJ match is and how little I want to see it. I had kind of made peace with the whole thing and understood that WWE views a Shane McMahon match as more of a marquee match for AJ than a world title match, but man, seeing it play out on screen, it was like being slapped across the face. AJ should be wrestling the Undertaker or Cena or even Wyatt for the title, not this crap. 

The burning of the house was stupid because I don't understand what terrible thing Bray did to Orton to have Orton burn his freakin house down. And Orton is supposed to be the face here? Ha. Even the fans think the whole thing is stupid, listen to the cheers AJ gets the couple of times he's mentioned how stupid it was that Orton was being rewarded for being an arsonist. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Paige has leaked nude pics and videos out in the wild.

As Taz would say in TNA: "Let the pigeons loose!"

Oh god, I feel awful for Paige (and Brad Maddox). This is the worst leak I've ever seen. This isn't the same thing as people seeing your tits, this has to be an absolute nightmare. Her WWE career is probably totally fucked (if there was any hope already), and I know there's probably going to be jackasses sending this to her mom like the first leak. 

I'm not going to pretend I didn't look, but more so than any other leak, this one just made me feel bad and gross to watch. 

EDIT: Oh, Christ, that's Xavier. This has to be freaking the WWE the fuck out. 

I saw a screencap of Paige riding Woods (no pun intended) with Maddox sitting there. Who took that pic? Who is the third man? Hogan perhaps? He has a habit of being the third man. 

4 hours ago, Ruiner said:

Her WWE career is probably totally fucked

Oh, Christ, that's Xavier. This has to be freaking the WWE the fuck out. 

I think you're exaggerating here. While this is terrible for Paige because of the huge invasion of privacy, I don't think WWE is freaking out about this. No WWE employee did anything wrong and no one will get punished over it. It's not like they intentionally leaked it.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I saw a screencap of Paige riding Woods (no pun intended) with Maddox sitting there. Who took that pic? Who is the third man? Hogan perhaps? He has a habit of being the third man. 

In the business we call it a "tripod"

11 hours ago, Mike said:

I think you're exaggerating here. While this is terrible for Paige because of the huge invasion of privacy, I don't think WWE is freaking out about this. No WWE employee did anything wrong and no one will get punished over it. It's not like they intentionally leaked it.

There's a pic of someone busting all over her face and the NXT women's title. Safe to assume she's done with E for good. Wtf was she thinking there??

14 hours ago, Nixon said:

There's a pic of someone busting all over her face and the NXT women's title. Safe to assume she's done with E for good. Wtf was she thinking there??

No one should ever be fired for stolen private footage that showed them doing nothing illegal.

20 hours ago, Mike said:

No one should ever be fired for stolen private footage that showed them doing nothing illegal.

I mean to be fair, I think a lot of companies would freak a little if they found out you've been jizzing on company property.

There's a serious chance this will break my decade-plus long streak of not missing Wrestlemania. If I get asked to work, I'll do that instead. If not, I have something else lined up that will take up the whole day and I'll try to watch Wrestlemania during that but if it fucks with the experience by being shitty in just turning it off. What a disaster of booking.

Just saw the Cena/Miz stuff on SD. The Cena/Nikka couple on WWE TV together is nearing Adam Rose levels of awfulness for me. It's cringe-inducing. I can't wait until Nikki Bella is forced into retirement. I'm so sick of the Bella twins. They've both been totally useless for their entire WWE careers. The only thing they have going for them is their looks and even then they're just big fish in a small pond. They're nothing compared to Attitude Era women.

2 hours ago, Ruiner said:

There's a serious chance this will break my decade-plus long streak of not missing Wrestlemania. If I get asked to work, I'll do that instead. If not, I have something else lined up that will take up the whole day and I'll try to watch Wrestlemania during that but if it fucks with the experience by being shitty in just turning it off. What a disaster of booking.

Not only does the card suck, but my friend is bringing his girlfriend over my house for the show which makes it even worse. Not looking forward to Sunday at all and WM is usually like a holiday for me and most wrestling fans.

How WWE could've saved WrestleMania...

- Get rid of Cena/Miz tag and Ambrose/Corbin and have Cena vs. Ambrose at WM. Taking away two matches no one cares about and adding a really intriguing match would've greatly helped this card. Sucks for Miz cause he deserves a spot in a real match but oh well. I appreciate all Cena has done for WWE but the show must always come first. WWE shouldn't be hurting the WM card just to do him a favor with this Nikki sendoff bullshit.

- Don't have Lesnar vs. Goldberg main event. I think Reigns officially turning heel and cheating to beat Undertaker is the way to end the PPV.

- They chose the correct three matches to bump off the card for the pre-show and adding the ladder to the tag title match makes it much more interesting so good job WWE for that one.

- Should've added Harper to the WWE title match.

- HBK actually confirmed in an interview that they offered him a match with AJ at WM so clearly Shane wasn't always the plan. I'm not sure who AJ could've faced as WWE is severely lacking in the face department (which is probably why Reigns won't turn heel) but it would've been nice if they did some long term thinking and found a real opponent for AJ. This is gonna be two years in a row where a weak opponent is going to prevent AJ from having a classic match at WrestleMania.

Nikki Bella was having neck issues but unfortunately she has been cleared to compete at WM. I'm thinking this is going to be a squash match. Nikki is fragile, Maryse hasn't wrestled in years and it seems like one match at WM each year is basically canceled by only being a minute long and this tag match seems like it will be the one. It'll probably be some quick thing where Cena goes AA + STF right away and despite how much he tries to wait for Nikki she still can't keep up to do the moves the same time Cena does.

Oh and I meant to say this last week but the most awful thing about this Cena/Nikki stuff was when Nikki beat up Tyler Breeze last week. Lord knows I'm not a fan of the guy but to have a cute little model beat up a man was a joke.

WrestleMania stage design...

Spoiler

c8iiovou0aa7m1h1.jpg

That's really cool. It's kinda like the Universal logo. I like it. Different as well from the typical WM stage design. It's nice for that one time a year where we get a new PPV stage. And luckily with the show in Orlando it will be be dark 45 minutes after the show starts. There should never be another outdoor WM in California or anywhere near there again. Can't have a WM in the light for three of the four hours.

EDIT: They have a giant ring above the ring lol.

Beth Phoenix out there giving a really nice speech and of course like every HOF, whenever there's silence for one second people are yelling stuff out. I really wish WWE would get rid of the fans coming to the HOF. Wrestling fans are too immature, can't be treated like adults and the show would be much better without them.