Got (Wrestling) News

16,006 posts in this topic

But after just checking out a bit of what happened on WWE.com I liked the old set. I liked how they can use the WWF logo again. Other than Piper's Pit, I honestly don't give a shit about any of those guys that appeared. If you want to gain back older viewers for a night with an old school theme, people like me will tune in to see Austin, Rock, Michaels, guys like that. I have no interest in seeing pretty much everyone who appeared on Raw.

Also, this was a huge typo...http://i56.tinypic.com/s2gpzm.jpg

It pisses me off how every single older wrestler who is still alive and on good terms with WWE is a hall-of-famer and considered a legend.

DarkDragon
[^]
:

Piper looks old as hell but he still can cut a promo and you cant tell me guys like Wade Barett are ever gonna make it to his level.

I don't know WTF ur problem is with Barrett? He's one of the best big-man wrestlers WWE has and is top 5 on the mic on Raw. He's gonna make himself as well as wwe a LOT of $ in the future

I so wish I could make a bet with you on that. To me he's just a big musclebound guy with an accent. Big freaking deal. He has nothing extra. Hes being pushed durnig the weakest era in WWE history. That doesnt prove anything to me. WWE wont even be around in the future at the rate they are going.

DarkDragon
[^]
:

I so wish I could make a bet with you on that. To me he's just a big musclebound guy with an accent. Big freaking deal. He has nothing extra. Hes being pushed durnig the weakest era in WWE history. That doesnt prove anything to me. WWE wont even be around in the future at the rate they are going.

noted

I know Im being negative but I been watching WWE for over 20 years so Ive seen all the good and the bad and to me the current product is the bad. If you think its great than thats cool I guess.

DarkDragon
:

Piper looks old as hell but he still can cut a promo and you cant tell me guys like Wade Barett are ever gonna make it to his level.

Chemo will do that to you.

DarkDragon
:

For once Dark and I are in agreement, I don't like Barrett either

I too am not a big fan of Barrett. I don't know why he is getting a bigger push than Sheamus who also has charisma and mic skills but the difference is Sheamus can actually wrestle. I've yet to see one good Wade Barrett match. And I'm not a fan of this he's a good "big man wrestler" talk. That's a bunch of shit. No one ever says Undertaker and Kane are good "big man wrestlers" because they are just good wrestlers. Don't overrate a guys skills just cause he's big. You're either good or not and Barrett most certainly is not good in the ring.

Mike, I thought that old bag wrestler was gonna fall over dead during various times throughout the evening...She was disgusting...

Mike
:

I too am not a big fan of Barrett. I don't know why he is getting a bigger push than Sheamus who also has charisma and mic skills but the difference is Sheamus can actually wrestle. I've yet to see one good Wade Barrett match. And I'm not a fan of this he's a good "big man wrestler" talk. That's a bunch of . No one ever says Undertaker and Kane are good "big man wrestlers" because they are just good wrestlers. Don't overrate a guys skills just cause he's big. You're either good or not and Barrett most certainly is not good in the ring.

How is he getting a bigger push than Sheamus? Sheamus won a World Title within three months of a call up. He got arguably the biggest push in the history of the WWE.

Also, watch Barrett's match against Cena at HIAC - Proof Barrett can go in the ring.

Also Kane is not a good wrestler. He's okay as a big man, but he is NOT a good wrestler.

Mike
:

Barrett is feuding with Randy Orton and Sheamus is feuding with John Morrison.

Okay, so he's CURRENTLY getting a bigger push. Sheamus already won a World Title (twice), so he doesn't really need to be pushed. He's much better off getting over young talent.

Andrew
:

Okay, so he's CURRENTLY getting a bigger push. Sheamus already won a World Title (twice), so he doesn't really need to be pushed. He's much better off getting over young talent.

Yeah but c'mon now. You and I both know they're basically slowing dropping him down to mid-card. Him being a former champ means nothing now, as you can see with mid-carder Jack Swagger.

Mike
:

Yeah but c'mon now. You and I both know they're basically slowing dropping him down to mid-card. Him being a former champ means nothing now, as you can see with mid-carder Jack Swagger.

I don't think so. I think they just don't really have anything for him right now, since Barrett/Cena/Orton are tied up in one feud. Is there another top face on Raw for Sheamus to feud with? No, so they're pushing Morrison to give him something to do.

It probably helps that I watch the product.

Andrew
[^]
:

How is he getting a bigger push than Sheamus? Sheamus won a World Title within three months of a call up. He got arguably the biggest push in the history of the WWE.

Also, watch Barrett's match against Cena at HIAC - Proof Barrett can go in the ring.

Also Kane is not a good wrestler. He's okay as a big man, but he is NOT a good wrestler.

No offensue mike, but u calling a wrestler no good doesn't mean much after seeing ur opinions on R-Truth & Mysterio (both 2 of the better wrestlers by definition of the word that wwe has)

Go watch a Barrett fcw match. Barrett is a much better wrestler than Kane. Jericho wouldn't openly endorse a guy that couldn't wrestle. Don't know what you've paid attention to since the nexus invasion, but Barrett has delivered every single time

Nixon
:

No offensue mike, but u calling a wrestler no good doesn't mean much after seeing ur opinions on R-Truth & Mysterio

Rey Mysterio is a fantastic wrestler. I just didn't enjoy his flop World title reigns, his terrible mic skills, using Eddie Guerrero's name to get a cheap pop and him being ranked about 50 spots too high on WWE's greatest superstars DVD.

As for R-Truth, I know he can wrestle too but his awful character, awful music and his constant dismantling of the English language makes me really not enjoy him at all.

Source - PWInsider

Quote:
- Regarding last night's "old school" RAW, Sean "X-Pac" Waltman tweeted the following:

"I dont know why I wasnt at Old School Raw. Maybe everyone should call them and ask them. Dont tell them I told you to call though:) Not that they wont find out anyway, with all the wwe undercover operatives scanning twitterverse. Maybe I just slipped their mind. If u listen to their version of history, i barely existed. f*** em if they cant take a joke. 4 f*** sakes, the election is over. Enough with the PG bulls*** Vince. I love you Boss, but come on. Trust me, Im not trying to get a job. Im doing fine & having fun. I just like to play harmless ribs. Someone's gonna be pissed though. lol! As long as there testing for marijuana, which is totally retarded, I will not pass their drug test. They will drop the pot thing. watch"

http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1289847462

Jim Ross and Steve Austin recently commented on Twitter regarding the "Top 50 WWE Superstars of All Time" WWE DVD release and the controversy over the listings.

Jim Ross: "Followers raising hell over wwe's top 50 r drinking the kool aid. Is there a list that's perfect? No. Not aware of how final vote tabulated. Hulk should have been higher but argument can b made 4 others too. I liked the dvd. Buy it.

Steve Austin: "i dont know the criteria for the WWE top 50 list...but i disagree with 85% of it."

DarkDragon
:

- Regarding last night's "old school" RAW, Sean "X-Pac" Waltman tweeted the following:

"I dont know why I wasnt at Old School Raw.

ANSWER: Because you are a leech that is only relevant when you're hanging out with your more popular friends. A good wrestler, but in a world with tons of good wrestlers there is no use for some has-been junkie who's was only popular because he was a part of some overrated group that had nothing to do with WWE's rise to popularity in the late '90s.

Not to mention Pac wasn't even a part of the Raw they were emulating last night. Douche as always.