Got (Wrestling) News

15,436 posts in this topic

Andrew
:

The Vince coma segment was the most WTF thing on WWE tv in sometime.

Did a million dollar mania stage fall on him?

Did his limo blow up?

Did he piss his pants?

Did his daughter get drugged, married in Vegas and raped?

Did poop fall on him?

Did he get kicked in the nuts by a politician at the grandest stage of them all?

Did his employee kill himself canceling the CM Punk match which was the only reason I ordered Vengeance?

Did he have to visit his son on the hospital after his testicles were electrocuted?

Did he have to visit his son-in-law in the hospital after he was dropped hundreds of feet from some forklift and the car flipped over on the way down?

TNA finally has some common fucking sense -

"In an effort to protect the health of wrestlers and reduce the frequency of concussions, TNA Wrestling has banned unprotected chair shots to the head, according to Ken Anderson.

Anderson told the Between The Ropes radio show this week, “TNA has absolutely thrown down the gauntlet and said no more unprotected chair shots… And every time there is a chair involved in the ring, the agents will come up and say please make sure for me that you are not going to … that you’re going to put your hand up. Please tell me you’re going to put your hand up or it’s going to be a back shot or something like that.”

Anderson, who is currently out of action after a chair shot from Jeff Hardy busted his head open and caused a concussion, says even when wrestlers try to protect each other, accidents happen.

“The chair shot that I received from Jeff Hardy was not intended to hit the back of my head. I heard through the grapevine that there were some people who were concerned about that. That was an accident and, you know what, in our business, accidents are going to happen.”"

Mike
[^]
:

Lol, by saying TNA finally got some common sense you were acting like WWE banned them 5 years ago.

No I'm not. You're just inferring that every time I say something negative about TNA, I'm obviously praising WWE. WWE should have banned them after the Benoit debacle. They both took too long to do this.

pen
[^]
:

I hope it looks worse than it was cause it looked HORRIFYING.

You want horrifying? That match went another 15-20 minutes if I recall correctly. 10 at least.

He, and the other guy, ended up losing a LOT of blood.

I am absolutely furious at this news, my favorite belt in wrestling, the TNA world title, which has been protected and made to look important perfectly since it debuted when Angle won it at Slammiversary a few years back was, SPOILER, throw away this week on Impact and replaced with this shitty looking belt...http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3083/190071378.jpg.

This is fucking retarded. The nicest looking belt in wrestling replaced with this goofy design. Why do these wrestling companies constantly change the look of their most important titles? It takes prestige away from the belts and makes them feel more like apparel as opposed to a championship title.

Wow, that looks incredibly awful. I'd be pissed too. That's as bad as pitching the Undisputed WWE Title design in favor of that ridiculous spinner belt.

Man I loved the look of the Undisputed title. While the TNA world title is my favorite championship in wrestling (and the (now old) design for that is one of my favorites) the Undisputed title is the best looking belt I've ever seen. I hope when they merge the belts they go back to that belt. And when that happens I hope they just call it the WWE championship. I know Vince likes to keep everyone in his little wrestling bubble, but there's no way he can just ignore the existence of TNA and call that belt the Undisputed title.

Andrew
:

So 2006 essentially got by on having some neat moments and that was it? Let's not forget that in 06 Mysterio won the Royal Rumble and the World Championship, Mark Henry was a main event player, Booker T started his run as the awful King Booker, DX completely squashed The Spirit Squad, and certainly not least, one of the worst PPVs in the history of professional wrestling took place, December To Dismember.

2007 was the worse of the two, but some truly awful shit went on in 2006.

I suppose we should chat in the correct forum.

Because of what you said I'll change my 2006 rating to a 7. Forgot about a lot of that crap. I still to this day do not understand how in the hell the King Booker gimmick got over. I mean since the brand extension I stopped watching Smackdown so it didn't affect me much, but King Booker was awful. As for that terrible ECW PPV, the Hardy's/MNM PPV opener was good though. And I actually liked DX that year. I have hated DX forever but when they first came back that year I thought it was pretty good.

DX was definitely amusing, but to have them booked to just DESTROY Spirit Squad in a 5-on-2 was just an awful ing idea. Killed any credibility that group was ever going to have, something WWE has been smart enough not to do with Nexus.

And you really should have watched Smackdown more, especially the last few years. It's easily WWE's better show right now, and I think PWI even gave it Weekly Show of the Year last year.