Heinerken

Got (Gaming) News

12,302 posts in this topic

Also, has anyone played Slime Rancher yet? It's free this month on Xbox. Fun game. You go around collecting these slime creatures and when you feed them they poop out resources that you cash in and you use use the money to upgrade your farm. 

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

Also, has anyone played Slime Rancher yet? It's free this month on Xbox. Fun game. You go around collecting these slime creatures and when you feed them they poop out resources that you cash in and you use use the money to upgrade your farm. 

I have it from a bundle, but haven't played it. Watched Achievement Hunter play through a bit though and it seemed fun enough.

Tacoma is on my wishlist, BTW. 

14 hours ago, Andrew said:

Two of the same top five!  What up my dude.

Man I can't name how many hours I had on those two games haha. Two different decades of my gaming years but man were there some hours logged on both of them.

Also another one of my favorites I forgot: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Man, so many hours of Spies vs Mercs were logged on that game. The perfect example of a good stealth multiplayer game. Wish that they would make a remastered version.

On 8/7/2017 at 4:16 PM, Mike said:

Quicker, better dashboard and fully customizable home screens coming to Xbox One... 

This looks really good. Sucks I gotta wait till it goes live for everyone. 

Looks good! Speaking of Xbox updates.. Spotify is finally out for Xbox One. Really easy to connect too, loving it so far. About time!

No Man's Sky's huge new FREE Atlas Rises update is out today...

Full patch notes

- 30 hours of new story content
- Variety and visual quality of planets has been improved
- New exotic planets have been added that look nothing like any planets seen previously in NMS
- A terrain manipulation ability has been added to the Multi-Tool
- A crafting system has been introduced
- You can now summon your ship from anywhere on a planet's surface
- Up to 16 players can play together but you see them as orbs. This is the first step towards co-op.
- A new alien race has been added to the game
- Giant freighters will sometimes appear crashed on planets and you can recover the loot
- An NPC in space stations offers missions for all play styles (scanning, trading, combat and exploration) that offer rewards
- Improved galactic map reveals key info about a planet and lets you see progress you've made on your journey so far
- Temperature has been converted to fahrenheit based on where you live
- In-game portals are now active and allow you to travel to specific planets or random planets
- Share glyph combinations for portals with the community to help others travel to a specific planet
- You can now negotiate with space pirates or call for backup
- Low orbit flying has been introduced which means in-atmosphere space battles are possible
- Improvements to trading, scanning, menus and much more in the patch notes posted under the video.

Destiny 2 has more than 80 missions: My god this game is going to be amazing. With two full development teams working on the game (not including the third that is just porting it to PC), I'm expecting tons of content to keep players busy for a long time. This game will still be all Bungie as I imagine the other team is just following Bungie's orders and they have no input at all. Activision has already said that the dry spells in releasing of new content that happened during D1 won't happen this time. In a perfect world, there will be Rise of Iron-sized expansions every four months or Taken King-sized expansions every six month. I don't really care about little bullshit like Crimson Days or Festival of the Lost.

Sonic Mania reviews are in and they're very positive. GameSpot called it the best Sonic game ever made. It wasn't developed by Sega which explains why it's so good.

Metacritic
GameSpot - 9
IGN - 8.7
Game Informer - 8.5
Destructoid - 8
Polygon - 7

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Sonic Mania reviews are in and they're very positive. GameSpot called it the best Sonic game ever made. It wasn't developed by Sega which explains why it's so good.

Metacritic
GameSpot - 9
IGN - 8.7
Game Informer - 8.5
Destructoid - 8
Polygon - 7

I was just coming in to say that Dunkey gave it a perfect 5/5, which is pretty rare (though he's also an unabashed Sonic mark, I trust his word). I didn't even know it existed but now it's very much on my radar. 

Unfortunately it shares a release date with the PS4 release of Undertale, which is getting my money tonight. 

4 hours ago, Ruiner said:

I was just coming in to say that Dunkey gave it a perfect 5/5, which is pretty rare (though he's also an unabashed Sonic mark, I trust his word). I didn't even know it existed but now it's very much on my radar. 

Unfortunately it shares a release date with the PS4 release of Undertale, which is getting my money tonight. 

I was pretty sure it was going to be a good game and I was planning on buying it so I will buy it now that the reviews are positive. This release kinda game out of nowhere. I had sorta forgotten it was coming out until I saw it on the Xbox store in the upcoming games section a week or two ago.

I played a little bit of Sonic Mania tonight. It was like a one minute 250 MB download. Games haven't downloaded that fast in years. I like it so far. It's good to see a Sonic game focused on level design instead of an obsession with 3D and speed.

No classics or name changes in the PS4 5.0 update, just a bunch of lame shit nobody cares about. Thanks Mike. 

33 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

No classics or name changes in the PS4 5.0 update, just a bunch of lame shit nobody cares about. Thanks Mike. 

It appears that I might've been given #fakenews. My bad.

You'll get a meaningful system update when PS5 comes out around 2021. Don't worry.

In Sonic Mania there is a boss battle with Dr. Robotnik where you...

Spoiler

are facing off against him in a Mean Bean Machine level. That was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

ReCore Definitive Edition on the way: Microsoft has some balls releasing this game. They should call it ReCore: The Finished Game Edition. This new version will feature a new tank robot companion. The box art for the original version of the game features that same robot but he's nowhere to be found in the game. The game even includes inaccessible dungeons that require the robot in order to enter them and pieces of loot for the robot are in the game. They even released a trailer for the tank saying it would be out in an update early this year. This "definitive" version is simply the finished game that should've been out a year ago when people spent money on it the first time.

On 8/7/2017 at 3:16 PM, Mike said:

Quicker, better dashboard and fully customizable home screens coming to Xbox One... 

This looks really good. Sucks I gotta wait till it goes live for everyone. 

Looks sharp. The tabbed guide is really slick and a big improvement.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

ReCore Definitive Edition on the way: Microsoft has some balls releasing this game. They should call it ReCore: The Finished Game Edition. This new version will feature a new tank robot companion. The box art for the original version of the game features that same robot but he's nowhere to be found in the game. The game even includes inaccessible dungeons that require the robot in order to enter them and pieces of loot for the robot are in the game. They even released a trailer for the tank saying it would be out in an update early this year. This "definitive" version is simply the finished game that should've been out a year ago when people spent money on it the first time.

I'm excited. I always wanted to check out this game but I'm glad I waited.

3 minutes ago, pen said:

I'm excited. I always wanted to check out this game but I'm glad I waited.

Same here. My friend had it and loved it and it just looks fun in general. 

Oh it was a really fun game. I just didn't like the way Microsoft went about doing this version of it. Hopefully it will be more popular than the first version of the game and a sequel will get made. It was a very underrated game. I really liked the main character, the environments looks beautiful and like nothing else in other games, the shooting is pretty good and the platforming is excellent. There are two things that dragged the game down for me...the extremely long load times and the fact that you can't have all the robot companions equipped at the same time so you have to travel back to base and swap them out whenever you needed to make a change. Hopefully they fix this stuff in the new game. I probably won't be buying this but if it has new achievements (which I'm assuming it will), I'll likely rent it eventually. 

On 8/19/2017 at 10:17 AM, Mike said:

Oh it was a really fun game. I just didn't like the way Microsoft went about doing this version of it. Hopefully it will be more popular than the first version of the game and a sequel will get made. It was a very underrated game. I really liked the main character, the environments looks beautiful and like nothing else in other games, the shooting is pretty good and the platforming is excellent. There are two things that dragged the game down for me...the extremely long load times and the fact that you can't have all the robot companions equipped at the same time so you have to travel back to base and swap them out whenever you needed to make a change. Hopefully they fix this stuff in the new game. I probably won't be buying this but if it has new achievements (which I'm assuming it will), I'll likely rent it eventually. 

They just announced it will be free for people who owned the first edition which is good news.

Also, right when I talk about for PUBG on Xbox, it will be releasing late this year exclusively for Xbox One! Extreeemmmelly pumped for this, and I think it could be a big get for the Xbox exclusive list.