Heinerken

Got (Gaming) News

12,136 posts in this topic

Only Mike could get so riled up about a video game developer's light-hearted shit talk and miss the irony that he says worse shit about women wrestlers on this forum every day.

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

Only Mike could get so riled up about a video game developer's light-hearted shit talk and miss the irony that he says worse shit about women wrestlers on this forum every day.

If the women wrestlers could ever have a good match that wasn't at best the equivalent of a 7/10 men's match I wouldn't shit talk.

And even if they continue to suck but weren't praised by the IWC like they're among the best on the roster I would be indifferent and they wouldn't bother me as much. 

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Strongly disappointed by the lack of Chrono Trigger but that's still an amazing package

That and the other Rare games are the most glaring omissions to me. But hey, Kirby's Dream Course, right? :rolleyes:

Stoked about Star Fox 2 though. That's huge.

3 hours ago, pen said:

That and the other Rare games are the most glaring omissions to me. But hey, Kirby's Dream Course, right? :rolleyes:

Stoked about Star Fox 2 though. That's huge.

Dream Course is a pretty dope multiplayer game, and that seems to be a big draw of this particular system what with coming with two controllers and everything.

None of the other Rare games could have been included because Microsoft has the rights to all that shit.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

None of the other Rare games could have been included because Microsoft has the rights to all that shit.

That doesn't make sense. Maybe for Killer Instinct, but the other Rare games are under Nintendo's umbrella because they're Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3. Why would Nintendo be able to include the first game and not the sequels?

13 minutes ago, pen said:

That doesn't make sense. Maybe for Killer Instinct, but the other Rare games are under Nintendo's umbrella because they're Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3. Why would Nintendo be able to include the first game and not the sequels?

Rare Replay didn't include GoldenEye and James Bond isn't a Nintendo franchise. There some be some weird rights issues with older games.

So where do these classic consoles stop? I think N64 Classic and GameCube Classic are definitely possible. GCN games probably still have small enough files sizes where 20 or so games can be included on one mini-console and it could still be priced reasonably. There would be no need to go beyond GameCube as Wii is too recent to need a classic console and who the fuck would buy it anyways? I think after GCN Classic they should treat these Classic console releases like Disney DVDs and release them from the "vault" every few years so people have a chance to buy them again. Obviously the focus should stay on Switch but that shouldn't prevent people from having another chance at acquiring a classic console.

Although I won't buy it, I think the SNES Classic has a really solid library of games and as someone who is always fascinated with canceled video games, the thought of Star Fox 2 on this seems awesome. The only time I think I ever played a canceled game before was when I downloaded the demo of NBA Elite before it got canceled.

2 hours ago, pen said:

Oh well in the case of DKC2&3 I'd would just think it's pretty clear they probably didn't want to do any double dipping.