Heinerken

Got (Gaming) News

12,303 posts in this topic

I'm aware of the 3DS, I just didn't know it was out next year. I really don't play attention to anything game-related unless its something I'm *genuinely* interested in, such as franchise titles, or games with commercials or whatnot that catches my attention. Very seldomly do I follow non-PS3 titles, though that's only because that's all I own.

Bro
:

Game of the year anybody?

There's been a lot of really good games this year but nothing that has blown me away. Halo is a ton of fun, Fable is a ton of fun, I LOVED BioShock 2, Red Dead Redemption I really haven't played much yet strangely seeing as how I was so hyped up about it, haven't tried the new Scribblenauts yet. Mass Effect was fun but I didn't play it much, those games are right up my alley but for some reason I'm not too into them. Both music games released fantastic games this year. Transformers was a sleeper hit. God of War definitely isn't GOTY cause that was a huge disappointment. I don't really know for GOTY, I guess my lazy answer would be Halo.

Oh yeah, Bioshock 2. How the hell did I forget that? Superior to the first in every way. I still kinda like HR more, as I replayed that like 14 times, while I only played Bioshock twice.

I'm a pretty big Deadwood fan, and a fan of westerns in general so that helped RDR for me, I loved the world and enjoyed it a lot more than I would another generic GTA clone set in a sprawling modern city.

Perhaps I should make a new thread for this because it's a sale? Hmm...

Anyways, Pinball FX2 for XBLA is currently free. I don't have a clue if it's free permanently or not but I thought I'd let you guys know.

Mike
[^]
:

Perhaps I should make a new thread for this because it's a sale? Hmm...

Anyways, Pinball FX2 for XBLA is currently free. I don't have a clue if it's free permanently or not but I thought I'd let you guys know.

Sure, go ahead. I don't care. But I don't know what Pinball FX2 is and I think you're just posting this to get a reaction. Mission accomplished.

pen
:

I think you're just posting this to get a reaction.

So you think the game is not free and I lied?

----

GoldenEye review: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-goldeneye-007/707077

This review got me so much more hyped up about this game. I wasn't expecting them to say so many positive things about the campaign. I'll definitely be getting this for Christmas along with Call of Duty. I'll have Fable, Rock Band and new Reach maps to hold me over until then.

Mike
[^]
:

"The fast fading novelty of motion controls" -
http://tinyurl.com/32sztpc

Yeah, go GameTrailers. Fuck Kinect, Wii and Move.

I don't look at motion controls as a novelty because there's so much ground with it that has yet to be explored. I think the problem with Sony and Microsoft is that they're not doing anything original with their products, just copying what Nintendo's done. Nintendo's already moving on to other things.

pen
:

I think the problem with Sony and Microsoft is that they're not doing anything original with their products, just copying what Nintendo's done.

I hope by this you mean they're copying Nintendo by not doing anything original with motion controls.

I wish things like movies and games would just focus on getting better for movies and evolving for games. Movies like Avatar are a step in the right direction for some fresh innovation but 3D is a step in the wrong direction. Games like Uncharted 2 and Fable III are evolving videogames and I'm not talking about graphics or some fly by night gimmick like motion controls.

Motion controls are not a fly-by-night gimmick. While I agree with you in that video games need to involve into more cinematic experiences, I don't think it's wrong to use something like motion controls to involve the player a bit more. I've been really enjoying using the Wiimote to play table tennis and do swordfights in Wii Sports Resort or use it like Samus' arm cannon in Metroid. You're going to refute that point but I also don't think you play properly either, maybe because you're already so jaded with the idea that you'll give up on it too easily. I don't see what's wrong with GASP asking people to get off the couch once in a while to play a game.

Oddly enough, I just got the Move as a surprise birthday gift. All I've played so far are Table Tennis and Gladiator Duel on Sports Champion. Not much to say about it, it's basically a much better version of Wii Sports Resort. The 1-1 tracking is really neat, as was getting a picture taken with a huge CGI sword in my hand. I was really excited to play Heavy Rain, but that damned update is so long I'll have to save it for another time.

It has potential, but not much to do with it yet. There seems to be enough Triple A support in the future for it to become a great alternative controller.

Nylon Sick/Sick (and Mike sucks)
[^]
:

Not much to say about it, it's basically a much better version of Wii Sports Resort.

What's better about it? And I mean that as a real question, not to pick a fight.

Nylon Sick/Sick (and Mike sucks)
:

I was really excited to play Heavy Rain, but that damned update is so long I'll have to save it for another time.

You can shave, then go to update anything on PS3 and by the time it's done updating you'll have a full beard.

pen
:

What's better about it? And I mean that as a real question, not to pick a fight.

Mainly the accuracy. It's just bizarre, Table Tennis is just like the real thing. And I got really, really into the Gladiator fights.

The soundtrack is crap, but I kinda prefer to the Wii Sports music that drove me bonkers. Plus you have the Custom Soundtrack option, so I just rocked the Inception soundtrack to make a f-cking epic Gladiator Duel.

But ultimately, like Wii Sports, it's just a demo of what the tech is capable of and all about, and it's pretty fun to play. I'm looking foward much more to the more subtle schemes in games like SOCOM and Killzone. Anyone know if Infamous 2 or Dead Space 2 will have support? Sony's really bent on working this into every major game they have to try and break the gimmick factor (though I don't think they'll succeed.)