Heinerken

Got (Gaming) News

12,229 posts in this topic

Heinerken
[^]
:

Here you can talk about all the video games being released this week in a neat-orderly fashion. You're welcome.

Why did you do this? The whole point is Mike already made a thread for discussing those games and then made another one. He doesn't need a third. It's like a fucking Ouroboros, the forum's just eating itself.

pen
:

Why did you do this? The whole point is Mike already made a thread for discussing those games and then made another one. He doesn't need a third. It's like a fucking Ouroboros, the forum's just eating itself.

I did this because it's a good way to keep the thread organized. Everyone who wants to talk about games knows where to go because it has a clear title. Unlike the other posts. Get me?

Heinerken
[^]
:

I did this because it's a good way to keep the thread organized. Everyone who wants to talk about games knows where to go because it has a clear title. Unlike the other posts. Get me?

It won't work. But I appreciate your thought process.

Heinerken
[^]
:

In the future, this is the way to go. We didn't need it for this week but to get people in the habit, I think we need to keep this one.

pen
:

IGN gave Force Unleashed 2 a 6.5 and Fable III an 8.5.

and Rock Band 3 an 8.5 and SvR11 an 8. Just making sure we covered the bases.

My go-to reviews site, Giant Bomb, gave Fable 3 a 3/5 and Rock Band a 5/5. Haven't reviewed the other two yet.

I think we can all agree that IGN now sucks and Rock Band 3 is the best game out.

Seriously, one of the two complaints they had about the game that kept it from a 9 was "Pro Guitar is kinda dumb. At this point, just buy a real guitar."

I already own a real guitar, you f--king assclown.

Also, any other reviews for SVR2011 yet? Greg's review kinda sucked. The score is fine, the bitching out he's getting for it is stupid. The reason it sucked is barely touched on any of the new features, and spent a damn paragraph blaming the grapple system as an excuse for his cheating in a match against a developer that was posted on the website.

pen
:

So play it.

Just because I have a real guitar doesn't mean I can't play a kick-ass, realistic, guitar-based game that can teach me to play my favorite songs.

Not everyone who plays Rock Band is a nerd who fantasizes about playing guitar.

[^]
:

Seriously, one of the two complaints they had about the game that kept it from a 9 was "Pro Guitar is kinda dumb. At this point, just buy a real guitar."

I read the review and it sounded like they were upset with the controller, not the mode itself. They make mention of another controller that's coming out later on that is actually a real electric guitar that's compatible with the game. Which kind of lends value to their point.

I don't think that's why they docked points though. It seems overall they just didn't feel the game justified a 9 because it's largely more of the same with the exception of the Pro and Career modes. I can kind of understand that. Personally, I'd have trouble myself giving a game like that a 9, but then again, I don't really play music games so maybe I'm not the best person to be reviewing it.

Ultimately that's kind of how it probably boils down to for all reviewers. It's all a matter of whether they like the game or not, and really not everyone likes the same stuff. What might be a 9 to someone else could be a 10 to another or a 7 to another. It's all opinion. People bitch at reviewers way too much, but at the same time, reviewers do kind of have to be responsible for their opinion because people take it so seriously. So it's kind of a catch-22 in a way.

[^]
:

Just because I have a real guitar doesn't mean I can't play a kick-ass, realistic, guitar-based game that can teach me to play my favorite songs.

Yeah, but I think the point is, if you're going to do that, then why not use a real guitar to do the learning instead of a crappy controller?

As of now, all I really want to play is The Last Guardian, the newest trailer has got me pumped. Final Fantasy XIV looks like crap, sadly.