Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruiner II

Top ten rock songs of the 2010s

8 posts in this topic

ENAvdy6WwAAp9yp.jpg

Pretty much this. MY top rock song of the 2010s would actually be Black Keys, Gold On The Ceiling. Not a huge fan of them but that song is a actual a legit rock song that hits all the marks that these listed do not. Id probably put Paramore, Aint It Fun at .2 for the same reason. I dont have a complete top 10.

I was honestly expecting bands like Shinedown, Disturbed, or Volbeat in this list, but since it only focuses on poppier "alternative" bands... :wacko:

6 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

I was honestly expecting bands like Shinedown, Disturbed, or Volbeat in this list, but since it only focuses on poppier "alternative" bands... :wacko:

It's based on tangible things like sales and streams. This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. 

Ultimately, who cares?

On 1/1/2020 at 10:03 AM, pen said:

Ultimately, who cares?

Well there were a large amount of people bitching about it on Twitter. I didnt see one tweet saying hey this list is awesome or something like that.

6 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Well there were a large amount of people bitching about it on Twitter. I didnt see one tweet saying hey this list is awesome or something like that.

Yeah but how is that different from any other day? "Oh woe is rock radio." Besides, if people don't like it, they should stop listening to those bands then.

I guess at the end of the day, I'm just tired of hearing the same old whiny arguments.

Ive watched multiple youtube videos on this topic and no one is offering any solutions to this "problem" they are just bitching about it which is kind of concerning. They are just talking about why Billboard did it instead of how we can fix or change it.

51 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Ive watched multiple youtube videos on this topic and no one is offering any solutions to this "problem" they are just bitching about it which is kind of concerning. They are just talking about why Billboard did it instead of how we can fix or change it.

I think the first problem is assuming that Billboard "did it" instead of just making a list based on their data.

I mean, fix or change what? Society?